Give up on next Sunday

Arsenal79

On 12/31/2023 at 9:45 PM, Birdman said:

This team is cooked. 

I will not be watching next weekend or the playoffs for that matter. 

Watching this team every Sunday is like going to job you hate. 

I'll reassess after Nick is shown the door. 

Lol yet he's still your AVI 🙄 -- found the glutton for punishment

5 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

Lol yet he's still your AVI 🙄 -- found the glutton for punishment

Uh, yeah....it's a joke....

I'll change it to the one where he's crying when he's fired next season 😉

• Like 1

@mattwill

To all the nay sayers, here we go.  Eagles 35  Gmen  12.  100yrd for Swift, 100+  for Goedert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2023 at 8:41 PM, Arsenal79 said:

The defense is beyond worn down.  Only chance is to give them a week off to recharge before the playoffs.  Play all backups next Sunday and rest up for the wild card game.

Time's yours...

agreed mostly.

Innovate and test during this game that doesn't matter. 

Covey,  Calc - give them a lot of snaps.

Run a lot,  use a wide variety of players,  trying to identify a big back who can carry the ball in the 4th Q.

Generally rest starters,  but maybe AJ Brown would like to be that big back in the 4th Q.

• Confused 1

On 1/3/2024 at 10:24 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the reality is this team is going to be the #5 seed. And so they are going on the road probably to Tampa but maybe to NO. And they know they can beat either of those opponents (they could also lose to be fair). So get rested and get ready. Win one play off game and who knows.

agreed.  they should win against the South - be rested.  And they could win the Super Bowl.  They got to the Super Bowl last year,  so, they could again, and if they're there, they can win. 

They're 11-5 right now,  a team that went to the Super Bowl last year.  Not a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in years,  or got blown out in one playoff game.  They almost won the Super Bowl last year.  With a lot of the same players, they could just do that again. It's quite plausible. 

This losing streak is decreasing the likelihood of winning it all, but there's still a pretty decent chance.  The Eagles have beaten the Cowboys, should beat the South team,  and the 9ers have sucked at times.

And the Eagles are holding players like Covey in reserve.  You'd want to use your leading punt returner on offense more.

No point resting players when they continue to struggle to put things together on the field. That isn't going to get better with rest. And at least the game has meaning right now. Unless Dallas blows out Washington in the 1st quarter.

• Like 1

This weekend I don't think I will watch any NFC games I will watch baltimore so I don't get any updates on eagles/giants or boys/commandos. 

I dont think I will watch their wc game.

• Like 1

Do you play the starters, get a win and some confidence? Or, do you not play them and give them some rest? 

I would play them.

But, I would scoreboard watch the Cowboys game. If the Boys get up big in the 2nd half, then I pull the Eagles starters. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Do you play the starters, get a win and some confidence? Or, do you not play them and give them some rest? 

I would play them.

But, I would scoreboard watch the Cowboys game. If the Boys get up big in the 2nd half, then I pull the Eagles starters. 

Yes this is completely the correct approach and what the Eagles should do. 

16 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I would play them.

IF THE WIN, and that's a big if, they're not going to get confidence beating a bad giants team.  And if they get beat, it just underscores the mess that they are.

I would rest the starters,,,,,,there is no f------ way the commies make a game of it against the cowpies.  

First game in awhile where I really don’t care what happens. Even if they it means nothing. Maybe it gives confidence but I highly doubt it. They likely suffer the same fate next week regardless of what happens today.

One of the advantages of playing our starters is, it forces Dallas to play their starters too...

The Cowgirls can't afford for us to win and them lose, so playing our starters will ensure they don't rest theirs, and they are travelling further, and it might hopefully have a negative impact on them next week in the playoffs...

I would 100% play our starters...

• Like 1

Is anyone even excited about this game?

46 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Not even a little.

47 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I can’t get excited for it because I just do not see this team coming out fighting. And with Dallas likely to win it feels mostly pointless.

I'd seriously want the 5 seed. Chances are you're playing the Bucs, and their offense is horrid. If the defense can't stop them, they have no business advancing 😆

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I'd seriously want the 5 seed. Chances are you're playing the Bucs, and their offense is horrid. If the defense can't stop them, they have no business advancing 😆

I'd still prefer to play at least potentially 2 games at home rather than most likely all of them on the road.

1 hour ago, EagleTen said:

One of the advantages of playing our starters is, it forces Dallas to play their starters too...

The Cowgirls can't afford for us to win and them lose, so playing our starters will ensure they don't rest theirs, and they are travelling further, and it might hopefully have a negative impact on them next week in the playoffs...

I would 100% play our starters...

They're still gonna have to play to secure #2 seed since lions are currently wining

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Devaster said:

I'd still prefer to play at least potentially 2 games at home rather than most likely all of them on the road.

I see no sense is getting the 2 seed and facing a tougher opponent you're prob going to lose to. I'd rather face the Bucs and maybe you'll get lucky with upsets and have better match ups on the path to a SB return.

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

I see no sense is getting the 2 seed and facing a tougher opponent you're prob going to lose to. I'd rather face the Bucs and maybe you'll get lucky with upsets and have better match ups on the path to a SB return.

If the eagles are lowest remaining seed after WC they would go to SF...they're not winning there

3 minutes ago, MF POON said:

You think the 7th seed is tougher? lol

Hey, at least we might get to see Rashad Penny!

I want NO part of NO and our Defense going up against Derek Carr. 

Was hoping to face the ATL.

1 hour ago, Devaster said:

You think the 7th seed is tougher? lol

The current 7th seed already beat us this year, and we're winless against them as a franchise.

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

If the eagles are lowest remaining seed after WC they would go to SF...they're not winning 

I think the rams will beat Det, which means we'd face dallas, unless they get upset. I just prefer getting an easy win vs the Bucs and then u hope that instills confidence and we get it together vs whoever we face in the divisional