GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-15-24, 8:00 PM EST

EagleJoe8

Did Carter even play? Not sure I heard his name once. Davis? Time to stop drafting bulldogs.

I think I'm pretty much done with this dysfunctional team unless there's a total overhaul in management and philosophy. If they fire Nick and get another yes-man **** HC who can only cheerlead, nah, I'm out. 

You know something is wrong in the world when Flyers are doing well. Cost us the Eagles

11 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I agree 100%  I don't get why they didn't take the ball first and let the offense try and set the tempo. The defense played really bad, but I'm shocked that the offense was actually worse tonight.  

I didn't have much hope they'd win, so I'm not surprised they lost. I'm merely surprised by how they lost.  Figured they run it more, but again, we got idiotic playcalling.

I wasn't on the fire Sirianni bandwagon, and I'm still not tbh, but we definitely need an OC and DC to makeup for his shortcomings 

I don't think there should be a knee jerk reaction. I don't believe Lurie has fired a coach after a Playoff Berth.  Ray Rhoads, Andy, Chip and Doug all had bad seasons.  This season had a bad ending but it was still a playoff season with a winning record.   I think he deserves another year because I believe it was Lurie and Howie that made the Desai decision.  It seems everything traces to that.  It seems the wheels fell off once all that stuff happen.  But the gameplan was not good.  No AJ, Devonta coming off injury.  Hurt's finger.  And they ran the ball 5 times.   

35 minutes ago, Lman said:

What's the cap hit to trade hurts? Probably not this year I imagine.

You do not trade hurts.

19 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I think we have a good O-Line. Hurts can’t read a defense or handle a blitz. If you blitzed Brady like that, he’d tear you apart. 

Brady would tear you apart because his receivers actually ran short routes.  Our coaches only call Hail Mary’s and curls 

Is there a coach like Torts in the NFL? The Eagles really need a no BS coach like him and just play football and play hard none of this rah-rah we got flowers to grow crap. Hopefully this nightmare ends soon. They have to clean house and start over. I don’t think this team could’ve beaten anyone if they played like this from the beginning. This is a team now that played like 0-17. It was so disgustingly bad

38 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yes because you think not running the pistol is running the pistol. Just because a play starts out lined up that way doesn’t mean it’s run out of the pistol after motion. Teams line up in different looks to through the defense off and then switch through motions to the formation they actually want. The niners use it a little to some success but it’s a below average formation. Especially when you factor in the way we run out of it because we don’t move Hurts up at all. We keep him at the same depth as our standard shotgun offense with the RB lined up even more behind him causing the rb to need to make up even more ground. This is common in the nfl now because teams don’t want the threw off the timing on pass plays. Your air raid comment earlier is just dumb because you can pass out if any formation now because the defense can’t touch receivers. The best run plays come from motioning the rb next to the QB to bring him closer to the LOS. The nfl defenses are too fast for the RB to be even further back than he needs to be. 

You truly are too dumb to comment on formations in football.  

I'm not sure which is worse, a HC like Sirianni that doesn't call plays leaving a brilliant OC to be poached or a HC that does call plays but the offense becomes stale. I suppose in the end it doesn't really matter cause one day they'll both be fired and have to start over.

I can’t thank GB enough for last night…it would have been unbearable if Dallas had won, after this dire performance…

I don’t know which team was embarrassed more, but I’m just pleased that the Cowgirls also went one and done…gotta get some sort of positive from this weekend, no matter how small…

Everyone was calling Howie a genius for drafting all those Georgia players. Carter looks like the real deal but the jury is still out on the rest. 

They fought until the end, great effort, I look forward to the next game

2 minutes ago, EagleTen said:

I can’t thank GB enough for last night…it would have been unbearable if Dallas had won, after this dire performance…

I don’t know which team was embarrassed more, but I’m just pleased that the Cowgirls also went one and done…gotta get some sort of positive from this weekend, no matter how small…

Agreed. I felt all day like we'd lose, so I'm leaning on Dallas choking, and hopefully the 40whiners losing to get thru it lol

32 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

We somehow allowed 32 points while they only scored 9 points against the f'ing Panthers last week.

Well they managed to make adjustments since then. Something philly struggled to do in 8? 9 ish weeks?

34 minutes ago, Lman said:

Kelce telling stoutland he is done

Crazy. The incompetence of the coaching causing our HOF center to hang em up.

Honestly not sure Id send Sirianni packing. Lurie and Howie need to meet with all the players and get a feel for how they feel on him returning. I dont think enough was put into searching for a new OC / DC last season. I think Howie tried to pull a quick one and go on the cheap in hopes of the players stepping up. I believe a lot of the moves during the off season were from Howie. Nick didnt have final personnel  decisions based on Howies tenure.

I believe the front office relied way too heavily on the momentum from last year and hoped that carried over into this year even with inexperienced coaches.

Did anyone see an Oline tonight?  2.2 seconds for hurts to pass!  He can’t pass with 5 seconds to pass!  Almost every blitz Hurts was running for his life and all you see is the WR backs to qb! Defense gave up TD of like 50, 40 and 20 yards!  Who the F is coaching these clowns!? 

22 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Is there a coach like Torts in the NFL? The Eagles really need a no BS coach like him and just play football and play hard none of this rah-rah we got flowers to grow crap. Hopefully this nightmare ends soon. They have to clean house and start over. I don’t think this team could’ve beaten anyone if they played like this from the beginning. This is a team now that played like 0-17. It was so disgustingly bad

Isnt that Vrabel?

Titans players were calling him a leader among men.

The most infuriating part of this game was watching Lurie walk into the locker room with his f'ing entitled son! This team is as doomed as the British monarchy.

There are simply zero words for what the Birds did tonight. Clearly it isn't as bad as the cowgirls, considering the girls were at home and they hadn't lost there in 16 games.

Sirianni should be fired, along with almost every member of this coaching staff except maybe Stoutland!!!

Siriani is a tool bag!  "They couldn’t get in the flow” for the run game!  We watched the game a-hole!  We saw you abandon the run to a tune of 4 rushes in one half of football!  You didn’t even try to get in flow!

I'm so sick of hearing I need to do a better job, that's on me week after week. How many of us can get away with that in our jobs week after week?

1 minute ago, Thing3 said:

I'm so sick of hearing I need to do a better job, that's on me week after week. How many of us can get away with that in our jobs week after week?

But hey they put a lot heart and soul into this game he said!  

I wasn't able to see any of the game, but the outcome doesn't surprise me. I saw it coming a long time ago, so I'd already made my peace with it. It sucks and it's frustrating and infuriating and all that, but we all saw it coming.

So I'll hold on to the one silver lining that we have...  we've been to the NFCCG 7 times, been to 3 Super Bowls and won a Super Bowl in the 21st Century while Dallass hasn't been past the Divisional round since the 20th Century.

Hey, we gotta grab onto something, no? 

This a-hole knew he was gonna get a buc’s blitz all game and they had no answer what so ever for it.  Same last week!  What exactly are they game planning each week?  

Archived