GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-15-24, 8:00 PM EST

EagleJoe8

At the NFL level, it's imperative and necessary to be able to adjust at the HC and coordinator positions.  It's constant evolution, which means knowing the rule book inside and out, year over year, constantly creating based on the talent that changes from year to year, fixing issues that plague the team's success as best you can depending on the cause.

It may involve taking more risks if the talent isn't there......it involves creating an atmosphere of trust and respect from your players even if they don't like you.  It means finding the leaders on the roster and giving them a mission with the players and involvement with the coaching staff.

It also means putting the team first....if a player, coach or coordinator is not getting it done after multiple chances to get it right, then that person needs to be benched or replaced.

I did not see much of any of this from the eagles this year.  And I don't care if they went to the super bowl last year.....they had too many changes to think that this was the same team that would just rifle thru to the playoffs and return to the super bowl.

It doesn't matter what we all think.....but the eagles were one of the worst teams in the NFL in the 2nd half of the season.  WORST.  Offensively and defensively.  And there were no solutions, no adjustments that were noticeable or that worked, the same boring press conferences about support and believing in themselves, which I think, ended up being lip service.

BiI changes are needed.

Eskin said Siriani is not getting fired, Luries the one who gives him info, so Siriani is going nowhere

At least they get the last place schedule after next year

31 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Eskin said Siriani is not getting fired, Luries the one who gives him info, so Siriani is going nowhere

I understand that sacking an 11-6 guy is a big step that taints the job for potential candidates, but when coaches and analyst's all over the place are saying our play calling last night was terrible and not helping the players, that's a huge concern because the offensive play book is Sirianni's.

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

Thank god the season is over. The last 6 weeks have SUCKED.

I’m going to try now to just enjoy the play offs and some good entertaining football.

A bright side to look at here, the board has made almost $50 in revenue the past 24 hours... so at least there's that. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I’m going to try now to just enjoy the play offs and some good entertaining football.

17 hours ago, Thing3 said:

I need to remember that next yearly review...."I put a lot of heart in soul into my [disappointing lacluster] work".

For one thing, Siri- your work didn't include tackling to the ground in practice. You play how you practice. IT SHOWED. The tackling looked like a pee wee football team playing a pro team. You can't call offensive plays, either. You can't call defense. 

So that leads me to ask.... what is it you would say you do here?

wait-what.gif

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm probably not watching any games. Meh.

I watched the highlights again. 

Smith was brilliant, Hurts made some nice throws, but that was literally our only play. Swift made a couple of nice runs 

The defence was absolutely absymal. Tackling non existant, and the formations and coverage was just the same trash we've seen served up all season, but much worse. 

Patricia should be the first to leave. That should be 100% a given. 

They could have relied heavily on the oline and running game to help the defense once until they realized  they needed to relearn how to tackle and that their oc had no clue how to call plays 

that may not have won more games but it would have saved a lot of embarrassment 

but really I’m glad they were exposed.  Now they have no choice but to address the clear issues with the team 

Archived