GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-15-24, 8:00 PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, BornGreen said:

But hey they put a lot heart and soul into this game he said!  

I need to remember that next yearly review...."I put a lot of heart in soul into my [disappointing lacluster] work".

1 hour ago, MrFadedGlory said:

Lol Thank the lord he didn’t sign for more than 5 years

Hurts or Siri? Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but Siri is a glorified cheerleader with the HC title and can't even call his own plays, let alone be trusted in managing the game. 

Just saw SIRI's presser. He's an idiot, and an arrogant one at that. Dude thinks because he's got a title he magically has answers. Well, he's had zero answers this season. He's definitely got to go.

Can we please get an offensive guru like Bobby Slowik or Ben Johnson?  Two guys who know how to get the best out of their QB’s. 

My guess is neither would want to deal with Howie.

Laughingstock.

This team had no business in a playoff game.

Clean house. Why? The collapse is one of the worst in history, A bunch of quitters on this team, too. They are an embarrassment to the city of Philadelphia. 

CLEAN HOUSE!

The fact they couldn’t even execute the only play they have been able to execute all year just shows how much these guys quit. Listening to Sirianni’s press conference he basically had little to no answers just like his football team. 

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Brady would tear you apart because his receivers actually ran short routes.  Our coaches only call Hail Mary’s and curls 

Brady could read defenses, step into the pocket, maintain composure, and get rid of the ball quickly too. Hurts can’t read defenses, rarely stays in the pocket, panics under pressure,  can’t release the ball quickly. Brady is talented enough where he makes those less talented around him, more talented. Jalen needs talent around him to make him functional or appear more talented than he really is. 

After watching this team all year, nothing about tonight surprised me.  I'm pissed, but not surprised.  This was exactly what I expected.

2 hours ago, st0n3r said:

Honestly not sure Id send Sirianni packing. Lurie and Howie need to meet with all the players and get a feel for how they feel on him returning. I dont think enough was put into searching for a new OC / DC last season. I think Howie tried to pull a quick one and go on the cheap in hopes of the players stepping up. I believe a lot of the moves during the off season were from Howie. Nick didnt have final personnel  decisions based on Howies tenure.

I believe the front office relied way too heavily on the momentum from last year and hoped that carried over into this year even with inexperienced coaches.

The only thing that would save Sirianni would be if Howie forced him to take these coordinators and gave him zero input in the draft which I highly doubt.    

32 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

Brady could read defenses, step into the pocket, maintain composure, and get rid of the ball quickly too. Hurts can’t read defenses, rarely stays in the pocket, panics under pressure,  can’t release the ball quickly. Brady is talented enough where he makes those less talented around him, more talented. Jalen needs talent around him to make him functional or appear more talented than he really is. 

Some of that is true but it doesn’t disprove anything I said.  Not even Brady is shredding anyone with these moronic coaches.  Not unless he audibles out of the stupid play that they call every single snap.  

Watched the game live and yeah it was disappointing. The offence just looked one dimensional. Hopefully Brian Johnson is gone this off season because he doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing. 

23 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Watched the game live and yeah it was disappointing. The offence just looked one dimensional. Hopefully Brian Johnson is gone this off season because he doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing. 

If he’s not gone then I’m not bothering with next season. In fact there’s a part of me that thinks I won’t be if Sirianni is back as he’s part of the problem.

Over a week to prepare, to summon up some pride and they come up with that crap? There wasn't one point in that game where any player not named Devonta Smith gave the impression they thought they could win.

I have never seen a defense so utterly woeful at tackling in all my born days, just completely lacking in fundamentals of defensive football. Whoever decided to install Patricia at that stage of the season should be fired, it was Sirianni or Howie pick one.

The offensive play calling has not changed one jot throughout the most historically embarrassing crap the bed skid in the history of the sport and it didn't last night. Calling exactly the same 3 or 4 plays over and over again while Bowles threw exactly the same defensive looks at us series after series, we had the full house of our in season complaints, giving up on the run super early, check, obvious screens or shotgun runs on 3rd and long deep in our own territory, check and how about trying for 20 yard passes against a blitz on 3rd and two? You better believe it.

We had no new wrinkles, no surprises and no in game adjustments. Turns out we emptied the playbook in week one regular season and there was nothing new in it, hell there wasn't much of anything in it. Absolutely embarrassing,

Again, they had a full week to reset from the regular season and get hyped for play off football and only Smith bothered, the rest turned up beaten, and they'd plainly worked on nothing new, did they even study film of the Bucs because they had no clue how to stop them first half.

I thought even with Brown out we'd still have enough to squeak past the Buccaneers, I never thought we'd come up that far short. I don't even know where we go from here.

3 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Can we please get an offensive guru like Bobby Slowik or Ben Johnson?  Two guys who know how to get the best out of their QB’s. 

My guess is neither would want to deal with Howie.

that's it right there. We'll never get a coach with a backbone because it will be a struggle with HR. A guy like Harbaugh, for example, would never come here unless he had complete control. 

6 hours ago, VeeMak said:

You truly are too dumb to comment on formations in football.  

Yes yes. I’m sure you think when the eagles start out five wide and motion a back into the back field it means we ran a play with five wide. 

5 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Some of that is true but it doesn’t disprove anything I said.  Not even Brady is shredding anyone with these moronic coaches.  Not unless he audibles out of the stupid play that they call every single snap.  

Not disputing what you said. Adding on to it. 

This has been one of the most embarrassing collapses in NFL history.  There were problems from Week 1 but instead of fixing the problems, they hung their hats on the fact they were winning.  What a terrible job of managing this team this year.  Everyone is culpable...players and coaches...and Howie/Lurie as well. 

It's such a mess that it's extremely hard to even figure out the best path forward.  Coaching changes and there has to be a youth movement with the players.  Kelce retiring...have to let BG and Cox go...I'd also let Slay, Bradberry and Byard go.  Entirely new LB group except BVS (he's worth developing more) and Dean (though I'm not convinced Dean is that good).

A lot of change has to be coming.  Most importantly, the offensive design needs to be completely overhauled along with the defensive philosophy.

Also how the F can tackling which let’s be honest is a fundamental part of this game be so bad ? 

Anyone else flip the F out when they ran that same play that injured smith 2 weeks earlier!  I could not believe they ran that play!! More proof the coaching staff hasn’t learned from their Ls

At some points they seemed to play at walk-through speed. Starting at their fourteen and ending with a safety said it all. 

10 hours ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

I don't think Desai was the greatest DC, but anyone who thinks the defense of the last five games was the same as the one from the first 13 is completely delusional.

It really was the same.  Each week teams moved the ball easily against them, outside of a couple of games.  The Commanders looked just as good against the Eagles as the Niners, Cowboys, Cardinals, Giants and the Bucs.  The only thing that was really different since Desai was removed was wear and tear.  Their mind and bodies wore out.   They gave up.  Both the offence and defense.  The entire coaching staff should be replaced.  The only reason to keep Siriani is if you think he didnt lose the locker room.  Siriani may be a very good leader and coach.   That doesnt have to mean he is an offensive genius or defensive genius.  What they need to start doing as an orgization is build a staff that will be around for a while insead of try to be factory for everything, you know, quarterbacks, lineman and now coaches.  Lurie and Roseman think they are smarter than everybody.  Lets always try and find the next great coach.  Maybe Sirrani is that guy, help him by hiring a seasoned offensive and defensive coach that is most likely not going to get another HC gig.  You know like Reid did with Spags.   Whats commical about most of this is we are talking about a game of football.   Its just football, it a game, it really isnt that hard.  There really isnt much difference between HC in the NFL.  The best HC are organized that is it.  As far as X's and O's go, not much difference.  It always come down to the QB.   What Tomlin, McCarthy, Belechek, Vrabel, etc cant coach anymore?  No, they dont have a QB.  Everyone talks about Reid being so great because of his offensive mind.  No, he is greatly organized.  He got fired by the Eagles, most should remember, that is what most wanted on this board back then.  He gets hire in 5 min.   Got an above average QB and had some success.  But really got QB, you know that guy, Mahomes.  He goes from being a washout in Philly to the greatest of all time.   What do you think the Cheifs would have done this year with an above average QB this year.   They would be picking in the Top 10 the draft.

The real problem is Lurie and Roseman, rinse and repeat same result, have a short run that end quickly, Start over.  Lurie is a quiet version of Jerry Jones.  Thinks he knows football, he doesnt.

I own multiple businesses.  Dont think I know everything.  It was said to me once  by one of my supervisors when I was coming up through the ranks.  It really stuck.

What he said was,  " I cant do your job as well as you, but what I can do is hire the people that can do the job I cant."  I believe thats the true key to being a great leader.  

Hire someone to do a job an let them do it, get out of their way.

Lurie is in the way!

A complete and utter disgrace.  This is partly why I just wanted us to get the afternoon Sunday slot...wait all the way til Mon night for that 🤣

If Lurie cares about the team at all he needs to clean house from top to bottom. 

2 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

Also how the F can tackling which let’s be honest is a fundamental part of this game be so bad ? 

because they didn't care. They were sending a message. This wasn't about fundamentals. There's something going on in the locker room that we don't know about and the players are doing the right thing off the field, which is saying nothing. Their actions on the field speak louder than words though

51 minutes ago, JohnB said:

because they didn't care. They were sending a message. This wasn't about fundamentals. There's something going on in the locker room that we don't know about and the players are doing the right thing off the field, which is saying nothing. Their actions on the field speak louder than words though

Well we know they don’t care when you look at the last six weeks of the season. 

Archived