The Running Game

EagleVA

I'd keep Gainwell and Swift, and then draft a guy in the 3rd. Use the first 3 picks on DB/LB.  

3 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I'd keep Gainwell and Swift, and then draft a guy in the 3rd. Use the first 3 picks on DB/LB.  

You know they'll go Oline/Dline of some sort with one of those. I'd like to see them go DE, CB, LB with the first 3. WR then RB. Comp 3rd rder is move to have. Really stacked oline and wr draft. Solid rb class as well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MF POON said:

The great Kenny Gainwell who's no threat at all......total joke.

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

You know they'll go Oline/Dline of some sort with one of those. I'd like to see them go DE, CB, LB with the first 3. WR then RB. 

OK, so you'll looking for another Gainwell comp......gotcha!!.

Here's the story, if you don't have a RB that's feared you're passing game suffers because the LBs and DBs will remain back in coverage.

Looks at KC, everyone knows they'd better keep an eye on Pacheco because if you don't he'll kill you, just ask the SB runner up Eagles. When he started killing the Eagles in the run game the passing game easy peasy when the Eagles tried to stop him.

See, if a a team is determined to stop your running game it doesn't matter if the RB averages 3.3 YPC during the game because any smart OC would have a feast in the passing game because so many resources were helping to stop the run.

Moreover, a strong running game helps your defense because the chains will keep moving which givies your D rest and keeps your opponent t on the sidlines looking.

I see 2 RB's that if available, I'd use one of their 2 2's or in the 3rd at the latest.  Yeah, yeah, I know, the Eagles won't do it......and they won't be champions either.

43 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

The great Kenny Gainwell who's no threat at all......total joke.

He's already under contract. Apparently the only guy on the roster that could pass pro

22 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

OK, so you'll looking for another Gainwell comp......gotcha!!.

Here's the story, if you don't have a RB that's feared you're passing game suffers because the LBs and DBs will remain back in coverage.

Looks at KC, everyone knows they'd better keep an eye on Pacheco because if you don't he'll kill you, just ask the SB runner up Eagles. When he started killing the Eagles in the run game the passing game easy peasy when the Eagles tried to stop him.

See, if a a team is determined to stop your running game it doesn't matter if the RB averages 3.3 YPC during the game because any smart OC would have a feast in the passing game because so many resources were helping to stop the run.

Moreover, a strong running game helps your defense because the chains will keep moving which givies your D rest and keeps your opponent t on the sidlines looking.

I see 2 RB's that if available, I'd use one of their 2 2's or in the 3rd at the latest.  Yeah, yeah, I know, the Eagles won't do it......and they won't be champions either.

I didn't even say a name but he's already a Kenny G comp? Lol

Did Kenny G tap your girl? Is that why you hate him? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

You know they'll go Oline/Dline of some sort with one of those. I'd like to see them go DE, CB, LB with the first 3. WR then RB. Comp 3rd rder is move to have. Really stacked oline and wr draft. Solid rb class as well

I suspect at RB 2 FA signings (may or may not be our own) and a big maybe for a rookie RB.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

I suspect at RB 2 FA signings (may or may not be our own) and a big maybe for a rookie RB.

Outside of Swift, I can't see Howie spending on a RB in FA

32 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Outside of Swift, I can't see Howie spending on a RB in FA

I can see them bringing in another 1 year vet type deal or two like they did this year. With Swift and Penny.

Who's the friggin RB Coach??!! Can he not teach the RBs to block or pick up a blitz ??!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Who's the friggin RB Coach??!! Can he not teach the RBs to block or pick up a blitz ??!!

Good question you would think having someone like Stoutland on the staff these guys would learn how to block. Matter of fact isn't he like the run game coordinator or some ish?

35 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Darren Sproles :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 9:14 AM, GoEagles614 said:

They didn’t run enough this year. They need to be able to combat stacked boxes with jumbo formations and have a true will to run. 

Defenses didn't stack the box to stop the Eagles running game because they don't have the backs that pose that threat.  Hard running-tackle breaking backs forces defenses to stack the box to prevent that back from making the defense look bad, which then enables the QB to find receivers open in the middle of the field behind the LBs.

Everyone thinks the game has changed but it hasn't, it's still football.  The last thing the Eagles want to do is pick-up a FA whose best years are behind him, the dumb sheets need to draft a RB no later than the 3rd round, take advantage of the stupidity that the RB position has been devalued, and no smallish open field shifty RBs with that pick, hard runners only!!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 9:15 AM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Swift had over 1k yards and he was hardly used. Running the ball is not their biggest issue.

This is what you don't understand, there's running the ball and running the ball when everyone knows you need to run the ball, when the latter presented itself Swift came up short, he doesn't have the running style for that task.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 2:58 AM, Traveler Vic said:

Running football is a big issue…if you listen to Kyle Shanahan talk about football philosophy.

Damn right it's a big issue, the idea that running the ball is not important aka devalued is ludicrous. 

• Like 1