SUPER BOWL LVIII: 49ers vs. Chiefs

AlpineEagle

Screenshot_20240211_211006_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a185e2c9dd3ef92c6edb5997f28940a3.jpg

Screenshot_20240211_211012_Instagram.thumb.jpg.b1ad350455ae4720fed4864b969f8da8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

I'm happy for Andy. Always liked him. He frustrated the hell out of me sometimes, but I still love 'em. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

This is so f'ing sickening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reid is able to do all this with Chiefs, but he was incompetent in Philly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F Andy Reid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mahomes bails his sorry arse out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He would lose games like NFCCGs against Buccaneers, Panthers, and Cardinals and 2008 on road against Washington, where they needed Jarmarcus Russell to bail Reid out of his incompetent play calling and countless other games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This man cost Eagles many Super Bowls over years, including one last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had McNabb, Vick, and Foles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had plenty good QBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last Super Bowl was worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>McNabb

I'd bet anything if McNabb was in for that final drive in OT, KC would have lost the game.  McNabb could never handle pressure.  If Reid had Mahomes in Philly in the early 2000s, we would have won multiple SBs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

Thank God! I witnessed again yesterday just how unbearable Niners fans are. So over the top on every single play! So loud and obnoxious yet go very quiet when it isn’t going their way. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thank God! I witnessed again yesterday just how unbearable Niners fans are. So over the top on every single play! So loud and obnoxious yet go very quiet when it isn’t going their way. 

Can you imagine what they would have been like if they won?

I dislike the chiefs but at least they're consistently good and don't seem to have unbearable fans (apart from taylor swift).

• Like 5

Just now, rrfierce said:

Can you imagine what they would have been like if they won?

I dislike the chiefs but at least they're consistently good and don't seem to have unbearable fans (apart from taylor swift).

Oh they’d have been just plain awful. They really were such a bunch of idiots.

On the whole I think NFL fans are great. It is a friendly healthy rivalry and everyone tends to get along most of the time. But Niners fans? They are just the worst they really are. So over the top just like their team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh they’d have been just plain awful. They really were such a bunch of idiots.

On the whole I think NFL fans are great. It is a friendly healthy rivalry and everyone tends to get along most of the time. But Niners fans? They are just the worst they really are. So over the top just like their team.

You have no idea how happy I am going into work this week. I work in the San Jose and Santa Clara area. Literally some of my customers are across the street from their stadium. 49ers fans have been giving me non stop crap for the past 2 years they are almost as awful as Dallas fans and I despise them. Most annoying fans I’ve ever been around so I’m really looking forward to their deafening silence as I finally have peace knowing they lost and now I can smile. Would’ve been hell for me if they had won so I’m just happy to see them cry 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

This is so f'ing sickening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reid is able to do all this with Chiefs, but he was incompetent in Philly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F Andy Reid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mahomes bails his sorry arse out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He would lose games like NFCCGs against Buccaneers, Panthers, and Cardinals and 2008 on road against Washington, where they needed Jarmarcus Russell to bail Reid out of his incompetent play calling and countless other games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This man cost Eagles many Super Bowls over years, including one last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had McNabb, Vick, and Foles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had plenty good QBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last Super Bowl was worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McNabb couldn't get it done when it mattered, you (and many others) are making it way more complicated than it needs to be.  Mahomes > McNabb.  And it's not even close.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoadToHell said:

You have no idea how happy I am going into work this week. I work in the San Jose and Santa Clara area. Literally some of my customers are across the street from their stadium. 49ers fans have been giving me non stop crap for the past 2 years they are almost as awful as Dallas fans and I despise them. Most annoying fans I’ve ever been around so I’m really looking forward to their deafening silence as I finally have peace knowing they lost and now I can smile. Would’ve been hell for me if they had won so I’m just happy to see them cry 

I actually think Niners fans may be worse than Dallas fans. Don’t get me wrong I hate Dallas but it’s more their players I despise. Their fans kind of know they suck. Niners fans are just unbearable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad the Chiefs won.  I hate the 49ers.  But if I were AR, I’d cut Kelce’s ass tomorrow.  AR deserves better than that.  

• Like 1

Happy for Andy Reid.  San Fran has reached Dallas-level hate for me...glad they lost.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I never thought there would be another team who I would dislike and hate more than the cowgirls but the 49ers have come pretty close these past two years.....I am not thrilled that Mahomes whiny behind got another ring but it is what it is....I can only imagine how much more unbearable the 40whiners fans would have been if they had won....

Just wish AR was this competent when he was here and had McNabb and TO.....but congrats to KC

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I actually think Niners fans may be worse than Dallas fans. Don’t get me wrong I hate Dallas but it’s more their players I despise. Their fans kind of know they suck. Niners fans are just unbearable.

I agree.  I used to work with people in SF and Dallas. Dallas and Philadelphia fans are much more knowledgeable about the game, period. 

• Like 2

I'm loving that the whiners lost, their fans are so cocky. I work with one and on Friday he said to me "On Sunday we're going to do what your team couldn't do last year.", lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JamesK said:

I agree.  I used to work with people in SF and Dallas. Dallas and Philadelphia fans are much more knowledgeable about the game, period. 

I agree. To be fair I also think for me personally in the UK I don’t see many Dallas fans (probably because they’ve been so bad for so long and the NFL isn’t as big in the UK) whereas Niners are very popular.

10 hours ago, Captain F said:

I'd bet anything if McNabb was in for that final drive in OT, KC would have lost the game.  McNabb could never handle pressure.  If Reid had Mahomes in Philly in the early 2000s, we would have won multiple SBs. 

Eh, McNabb also never had a HoF player like Kelce his entire career.  No doubt Mahomes is better, but the 49ers defense showed up, it was their offense that choked. Also, I doubt Mahomes would've carried Pinkston, Mitchell, and Trash to super bowl wins. 

Pat is good, but im not gonna pretend like he wasn't outplayed by Hurts in the super bowl last year. And that Brady didn't show him who the true GOAT is. Anyway, kudos to the chiefs, I'm glad they beat the whiners 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Captain F said:

Or...did we jus need a Kyle Shanahan to blow smoke up his team's arse and choke away big games in our favor?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

agreed...sickening watching him have a dynasty with another team but choke repeatedly with the Eagles.  Wouldn't have been as bad had the Eagles beat him last year.  Too bad the field was rigged last year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

He played awesome in the SB but he hasn’t been close to that player. You must’ve missed this past season. 

95% of Hurts' regression was due to poor coaching and playcalling, and his injuries. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

95% of Hurts' regression was due to poor coaching and playcalling, and his injuries. 

I hope so but you have to wonder if the SB year was an aberration and he’s still the same player we saw in both Tampa playoff games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

I hope so but you have to wonder if the SB year was an aberration and he’s still the same player we saw in both Tampa playoff games. 

That's true, it's possible that was a fluke...but maybe somewhere in between is his true skill level.  All I know is, an incompetent offense can make any QB look bad. 

On 2/11/2024 at 11:01 PM, metal said:

John Elway presenting the trophy to the Chiefs. That's gotta sting for Broncos fans.

Yeah that sucked to see. Bad enough KC is pretty much a dynasty but seeing Elway give them the trophy is salt on the wound. But Elway had been chosen as the presenter of the trophy, along with Larry Csonka, a while back because this year marked 25 years when Elway was Super Bowl MVP and 50 years after Csonka won it in '73. It was just unfortunate that KC ended up winning the year he was giving the trophy to the Super Bowl winner.

Had to have been as bad for Raiders fans as well, seeing KC win it in their stadium.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mat said:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240211_211006_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a185e2c9dd3ef92c6edb5997f28940a3.jpg

Screenshot_20240211_211012_Instagram.thumb.jpg.b1ad350455ae4720fed4864b969f8da8.jpg

I hope a lot of Eagles fans troll him and give him a lot of crap lol

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

try living in the SF Bay Area like I have for 25 years. 

I really don't mind the fans acting the way they do because everyone is different. The Eagles have THOUSANDS of toxic, trash-talking fans. What I hate about the Niners over the years is that members of the TEAM are ridiculously arrogant and talk crap. Thankfully the Eagles give very little bulletin board material. The way Kyle Shanahan and CMC handled their post-game pressers last year after losing the NFCCG to us was ridiculous. They were literally acting like petulant children. 

• Like 5