With the 22nd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft...

Hawkeye

...the Eagles select:

First round draft order is set.
Time's yours. 
And it's never too early to start talking about next season.

I know the popular opinion is to take a RT to groom as Lane’s successor.  But that only makes sense if 2024 will be his final season, otherwise you likely have a guy riding the bench for 2 years or more.  So I’m going DE/edge rusher.  We have BG who is more of a rotational piece now and then Sweat and Reddick who are both entering contract years (the latter given the green light to search for a trade opportunity).  

• Like 1

Just now, time2rock said:

I know the popular opinion is to take a RT to groom as Lane’s successor.  But that only makes sense if 2024 will be his final season, otherwise you likely have a guy rising the bench for 2 years or more.  So I’m going DE/edge rusher.  We have BG who is more of a rotational piece now and then Sweat and Reddick who are both entering contract years (the latter given the green light to search for a trade opportunity).  

I think I saw most on here wanting to go defense for the 1st since Lane wants to play a few more years

The Eagles have traded their pick for picks in the 2nd 3rd & 4th rounds

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I know the popular opinion is to take a RT to groom as Lane’s successor.  But that only makes sense if 2024 will be his final season, otherwise you likely have a guy riding the bench for 2 years or more.  So I’m going DE/edge rusher.  We have BG who is more of a rotational piece now and then Sweat and Reddick who are both entering contract years (the latter given the green light to search for a trade opportunity).  

Steen better be able to play RT or he's a wasted pick.  Maybe he can be getter at OG, but he's not a guard.  If he can't play RT he has no place to play.  He could be a good LT and we should listen to offers from other teams

• Confused 2

Deez nutz mofka!

Latu or Guyton

23 minutes ago, weko said:

The Eagles have traded their pick for picks in the 2nd 3rd & 4th rounds

This.

I'm trading this pick, for sure.

UNLESS, Howie can move UP and grab a special player. 

Howie has moved up in the last 3 drafts. We'll he moved back and then up to take Smith. Eagles have a extra 2nd pick thanks to the saints. Let's see if we can get another 2nd if Reddick is traded. I would bet he moves up again

• Like 1

It's a deep oline class. If I'm Howie and Reddick is traded, trading up for a DE makes sense. It's not a great or deep class outside the ones that will be drafted in the 1st rd

DE Latu. He'll split snaps with BG until about halfway through the year he'll get more snaps.

The odds are they draft a DE or OT based on draft history. They haven't drafted back 7 in the first for forever. They draft linemen and WR in the 1st.They won't draft a DT a 3rd year in a row, won't take a WR in the 1st given who they have. I don't see them using a 1st on an OG but they may go that route if they like a guy to replace Jurgens (if he moves over to replace Kelce).

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

The Eagles select:

Jason Kelce to not retire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Jason Kelce to not retire.

Dang we have to give up a 1st round pick for that?

Just now, NOTW said:

Dang we have to give up a 1st round pick for that?

No, just our HOF linebacker... Urlakkerz

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, just our HOF linebacker... Urlakkerz

Did you see him at the airport? 

7 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I drove him to the airport!

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Agreed, EDGE is an issue, as is CB. Assuming the Eagles stay put, I think they'll have better options in the defensive backfield at 22.

28 minutes ago, Godfather said:

He was with Frank Gore.

27 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He was with Frank Gore.

La Charles Bentley drove him there.

1 minute ago, Iggles25 said:

In a Bentley!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

They were on their way to visit Fitz

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Agreed, EDGE is an issue, as is CB. Assuming the Eagles stay put, I think they'll have better options in the defensive backfield at 22.

Right, CB is the smart move, I'm thinking the best available at 22 will be Quinyon Mithcell of the Rockets.

And for crying out loud, no trading up unless we give up a player like AJ, if we give up draft picks to move up I'm totally done with the Eagles.

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

Right, CB is the smart move, I'm thinking the best available at 22 will be Quinyon Mithcell of the Rockets.

And for crying out loud, no trading up unless we give up a player like AJ, if we give up draft picks to move up I'm totally done with the Eagles.

Howie is going to trade up

…the Indianapolis Colts select Kingsley Suamataia, BYU. 

If we do trade Haason, it’ll probably be for multiple picks and we’re gonna have a ton of trade capital. Every other year Howie moves up and down the first round. Since he regained power: Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Carson Wentz, Derek Barnett, Andre Dillard… all not drafted in our pre-designated draft position. Then throw in what we did for AJ Brown and things are always entertaining with the Rose Man in the draft room. 

A safety, no a corner, no a LB…………… were gonna draft a OT.

• Like 2