With the 22nd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft...

Hawkeye

Just give Vic Fangio his choice of player for the first two picks and take it from there.

• Like 2

I think you have to go OT if there is a guy that can anchor the line for the next 8-10 years but that’s just my opinion.

• Like 1

Eagles selection at pick 22:

Cooper DeJean Safety Iowa
Height: 6 - 2 |Weight: 195 lbs |RAS: N/A
After a 2022 campaign that saw him put up five picks, eight PBUs, and three pick-sixes, Cooper DeJean is riding high as a potential Round 1 selection. He’s a cornerback, but at 6’1″, 209 pounds, DeJean looks more like a safety. In support, he looks like a linebacker — not only slabbing DBs and deconstructing blocks but also maintaining gap discipline and surging inside for tackles. Don’t let that support ability fool you, either. DeJean is a truly complete player. One of his best traits is his smooth, high-octane coverage athleticism for his size and his rare natural playmaking instincts. - Ian Cummings
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, MidMoFo said:

Eagles selection at pick 22:

Cooper DeJean Safety Iowa
Height: 6 - 2 |Weight: 195 lbs |RAS: N/A
After a 2022 campaign that saw him put up five picks, eight PBUs, and three pick-sixes, Cooper DeJean is riding high as a potential Round 1 selection. He’s a cornerback, but at 6’1″, 209 pounds, DeJean looks more like a safety. In support, he looks like a linebacker — not only slabbing DBs and deconstructing blocks but also maintaining gap discipline and surging inside for tackles. Don’t let that support ability fool you, either. DeJean is a truly complete player. One of his best traits is his smooth, high-octane coverage athleticism for his size and his rare natural playmaking instincts. - Ian Cummings

Going to be depressing as hell when he winds up in Dallas.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Going to be depressing as hell when he winds up in Dallas.

He'll probably be gone before our pick which would mean he won't be going to Dallas either since they pick after us.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, time2rock said:

He'll probably be gone before our pick which would mean he won't be going to Dallas either since they pick after us.  

I've seen pretty much every mock draft there is and out of them all only two had DeJean picked ahead of where we are, most have him going to the Packers at 25 or later.

On 2/13/2024 at 2:01 PM, time2rock said:

I know the popular opinion is to take a RT to groom as Lane’s successor.  But that only makes sense if 2024 will be his final season, otherwise you likely have a guy riding the bench for 2 years or more.  So I’m going DE/edge rusher.  We have BG who is more of a rotational piece now and then Sweat and Reddick who are both entering contract years (the latter given the green light to search for a trade opportunity).  

DE or CB

On 2/14/2024 at 4:08 AM, time2rock said:

I'm thinking someone like Jared Verse.

Highly doubt it would be a S (people talk about the Eagles having not drafted a LB in the 1st since 1979 ... IINM they've never used a 1 on a S).  And regarding CB, they could move on from Bradberry (they probably do) but because of the contract Slay is here for at least another year ($35M in dead money if he is cut this year - they could spread that out over 2 seasons if they use the post June 1 designation but that is a LOT of dead money to take on and he isn't a complete liability).  Plus they have Rodgers on ice and also moved up for Ringo last year (and Ricks showed some promise as well).  So gut says it won't be CB although I wouldn't be completely shocked if we go that route.  But stronger gut feeling is EDGE.  If not Verse there are a couple Alabama guys I think Howie will be looking at ... Dallas Turner and Chris Braswell.  

We do not have any CBs .... who are ready to step in, and step up. All of them are inconsistent. Flash on one play and give up on another.  A first rounder, or a second rounder in the mix, could be just what we need to improve the competition. Therefore I want to see a CB or DE as potential draft picks in the first. But not knowing how the board will look like when we do pick..I open to other positions of need. A safety? a LB who can cover? We will see. Anything but a WR or offensive line in the first.

4 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

We do not have any CBs .... who are ready to step in, and step up. All of them are inconsistent. Flash on one play and give up on another.  A first rounder, or a second rounder in the mix, could be just what we need to improve the competition. Therefore I want to see a CB or DE as potential draft picks in the first. But not knowing how the board will look like when we do pick..I open to other positions of need. A safety? a LB who can cover? We will see. Anything but a WR or offensive line in the first.

I'd love to see a corner in the first. They haven't done that in 22 years. I do think there is some potential with Ricks, Ringo and they have Isaiah Rogers coming off suspension who played well for the Colts. Cant' rely on any of them for sure, but at least that is depth. Drafting a 1st round corner to add to that mix while letting the young guys develop another year could make the position group strong. It will be really interesting to see Fangio's influence on the draft as Howie selects players that fit his scheme. They also need every other defensive position except DT so the defense needs quite the upgrades.

• Like 1

Why do we do this every year like we don't already know :lol:

It will get interesting when elite players inevitably start to drop. Quarterback, anyone? It's projected to be a QB heavy top 10, but there are a ton of veteran free agents available as well. The QB market is saturated so I could see a MIchael Penix or Bo Nix slipping into Eagles range. What does the Quarterback Factory do then? They're obviously set with Hurts for the foreseeable future so maybe trade back? None of the teams behind them need a quarterback either, though. The prudent thing would be to look the other way and take a defensive player but could Howie pass? And what happens after the first round?

And what about WR? Not a real position of need and Harrison will be long gone, but there are 7 or 8 other WRs who project as first rounders, two or three of whom will be on the board at 22.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

It will get interesting when elite players inevitably start to drop. Quarterback, anyone? It's projected to be a QB heavy top 10, but there are a ton of veteran free agents available as well. The QB market is saturated so I could see a MIchael Penix or Bo Nix slipping into Eagles range. What does the Quarterback Factory do then? They're obviously set with Hurts for the foreseeable future so maybe trade back? None of the teams behind them need a quarterback either, though. The prudent thing would be to look the other way and take a defensive player but could Howie pass? And what happens after the first round?

And what about WR? Not a real position of need and Harrison will be long gone, but there are 7 or 8 other WRs who project as first rounders, two or three of whom will be on the board at 22.

TB (26th) could be looking to add a QB depending on what they do with Mayfield (rumor has it they will not tag him and let him test the market).  AZ (27th) could also be in the mix for a QB.  Then there are always teams that pass on a QB early in round 1 to go with a higher rated player and want to move back up into bottom half of round 1 for a QB (Washington, NE, Atlanta, etc.).

Trade down from 22 to early 30s. Pick up a 3rd. 

Draft Da Wood Chopppaaahhh JR.

2 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Trade down from 22 to early 30s. Pick up a 3rd. 

Draft Da Wood Chopppaaahhh JR.

Axe man jr

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

TB (26th) could be looking to add a QB depending on what they do with Mayfield (rumor has it they will not tag him and let him test the market).  AZ (27th) could also be in the mix for a QB.  Then there are always teams that pass on a QB early in round 1 to go with a higher rated player and want to move back up into bottom half of round 1 for a QB (Washington, NE, Atlanta, etc.).

Good points. I'm just envisioning a scenario in which defensive players the Eagles like might go early (after the first tier QBs), leaving a handful of QB/WRs on the board at 22. That would be an interesting test of the Eagles draft philosophy. 

Hey, what else are we going to talk about? Spring training? (zzzzzz).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Good points. I'm just envisioning a scenario in which defensive players the Eagles like might go early (after the first tier QBs), leaving a handful of QB/WRs on the board at 22. That would be an interesting test of the Eagles draft philosophy. 

Hey, what else are we going to talk about? Spring training? (zzzzzz).

And if an an interesting WR or QB is on the board, when we are picking in the first…. We Trade Down and pick up an extra pick. What this team really needs is more production from the draft instead of free agents. And before everyone starts whining that Howie is doing the picking and that means that every pick outside of top 10 will automatically suck…My theory is that perhaps due to wholesale changes at coordinators…this time may be different. Perhaps Eagles have silently addressed approach to the draft, and we are about to witness a new approach to draft selections. More value and less toys.

Best case scenario is we get 5 QB off the board before our pick. 

The first round has several edge/OT/CB prospects, Eagles should be able to sit back and just see what falls to them & go from there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Best case scenario is we get 5 QB off the board before our pick. 

The first round has several edge/OT/CB prospects, Eagles should be able to sit back and just see what falls to them & go from there. 

Williams, Maye, Daniels will all go within the top 10. Nix, McCarthy within the top 15...maybe Penix?