With the 22nd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft...

Hawkeye

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

Howie is going to trade up

He's a dumb sheet so I don't put it past him. 

Another thing I don't want to see, another OL before those 5th round picks, with all of their defensive needs, they just have to go with what they have at OL, they have plenty of OL bodies.

• Like 2

So many OT I believe they BPA there 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

I know the popular opinion is to take a RT to groom as Lane’s successor.  But that only makes sense if 2024 will be his final season, otherwise you likely have a guy riding the bench for 2 years or more.  So I’m going DE/edge rusher.  We have BG who is more of a rotational piece now and then Sweat and Reddick who are both entering contract years (the latter given the green light to search for a trade opportunity).  

He will play guard since Kelce will be retiring. I agree they may reach for a DE though. 

I don’t have an issue with them going OL if they can target a guy that can start at RG until Lane retires. I am also a fan of trading down it’s a deep draft in 2nd/3rd.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

DE Latu. He'll split snaps with BG until about halfway through the year he'll get more snaps.

The odds are they draft a DE or OT based on draft history. They haven't drafted back 7 in the first for forever. They draft linemen and WR in the 1st.They won't draft a DT a 3rd year in a row, won't take a WR in the 1st given who they have. I don't see them using a 1st on an OG but they may go that route if they like a guy to replace Jurgens (if he moves over to replace Kelce).

only way we get Latu is if we move up, and I think it will cost to much to get him.

I've seen a lot of reports on Chop Robinson describing him as an undersized but incredibly quick Edge rusher. Daniel Jeremiah has him at 25 on his big board.

Howie Roseman, first round, undersized speed ball DE, we all know how this story ends.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Agreed, EDGE is an issue, as is CB. Assuming the Eagles stay put, I think they'll have better options in the defensive backfield at 22.

I'm thinking someone like Jared Verse.

Highly doubt it would be a S (people talk about the Eagles having not drafted a LB in the 1st since 1979 ... IINM they've never used a 1 on a S).  And regarding CB, they could move on from Bradberry (they probably do) but because of the contract Slay is here for at least another year ($35M in dead money if he is cut this year - they could spread that out over 2 seasons if they use the post June 1 designation but that is a LOT of dead money to take on and he isn't a complete liability).  Plus they have Rodgers on ice and also moved up for Ringo last year (and Ricks showed some promise as well).  So gut says it won't be CB although I wouldn't be completely shocked if we go that route.  But stronger gut feeling is EDGE.  If not Verse there are a couple Alabama guys I think Howie will be looking at ... Dallas Turner and Chris Braswell.  

• Like 1

I can see the logic of getting an offensive lineman here, but if they can get a day one starter in the secondary, that´s the smart pick in my opinion. I guess a lot of this depends on what Kelce and Lane decide their future is, and what happens with Reddick. I don´t watch college football, so no idea which players they may go with, or what the draft depth is like, so my opinion doesn´t matter much!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, weko said:

The Eagles have traded their pick for picks in the 2nd 3rd & 4th rounds

Wrong - they still have their own 2nd plus New Orleans 2nd

23 hours ago, weko said:

The Eagles have traded their pick for picks in the 2nd 3rd & 4th rounds

I love the interest from everyone - skip on over to the mock draft page and join the positng and conversation there. 

Any good QBs available in the 2nd?

12 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Any good QBs available in the 2nd?

Penix, most likely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Yeah but that 3rd is for all intent and purposes a 4th, it's either the last pick in the 3rd or the 1st pick in the fourth, same damn difference.

My early man-crush player is Cooper DeJean.  Can play pretty much any position in the secondary and returns punts as well.  I suspect he will test extremely well at the Combine and will end up not being a realistic option at 22.

Otherwise, give me Quinyon Mitchell or Nate Wiggins.

But we all know it'll be OL/DL <_<

I know this team will always build around the trenches, but that doesn't mean we always have to use our first pick there. The Eagles hit on Lane and Fletcher as 1st round picks, but many of our best linemen over the years have been later picks. I think if you really want to start preparing for Lane's eventual departure, you should use a later round pick. I'm not opposed to BPA, but it would be really helpful if that first round pick can step in and help the team right away. 

• Like 1

BPA prob will be OT, draft is heavy OT

On 2/13/2024 at 8:55 PM, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

So many OT I believe they BPA there 

Agree. I don't dream at night about an OL pick but you can find decent CB. If they think a PB OL is there for the next 8-10 years snag him. The last one they got at 22 wasn't that though.

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I know this team will always build around the trenches, but that doesn't mean we always have to use our first pick there. The Eagles hit on Lane and Fletcher as 1st round picks, but many of our best linemen over the years have been later picks. I think if you really want to start preparing for Lane's eventual departure, you should use a later round pick. I'm not opposed to BPA, but it would be really helpful if that first round pick can step in and help the team right away. 

Outside of WR I don't care who they draft because they could use pretty much everything on the team as long as it's the BPA. If that's a QB like Nix or McCarthy or Penix falls I'm good with it as well because Hurts isn't the guy. Match dropped in gasoline.

But seriously I just want them to get the person at the top of their board and not reach for a DE or something because they love the position more than the player. My dream scenario is a game changing CB is there, followed by OL, then DL if one falls.

Going BPA is the way. If there's good value at S, OL, LB, Edge, that's even better. I think Howie has done a good job over the past 3 drafts doing this. Some times it has worked, some times it hasn't, but he certainly hasn't forced any pick since the Reagor fiasco. 

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

This is why my best prediction is they draft a defensive end in the 1st. It is a clear need, fits their MO of drafting linemen and OT isn't the immediate need. Now, if they love an OT that they think is THE guy to replace Lane, they'll snatch him up. But I think it will be DE.

4 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

BPA prob will be OT, draft is heavy OT

Is it? (I don't really follow college). If that's the case, then do you think they would get a good OT in the 2nd round? Given that they have two 2nd round picks, I could see them going DE in the 1st and then in the 2nd get an OT and a LB.