hunt's ***official*** team league thread - 2023

mr_hunt

48 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Just a suggestion. Maybe we should make a rule that whoever takes more than 24 HRs to make a pick gets who ever is the highest team on the NFL.Com power ranking not picked yet. 

That way he can be with his guys all weekend and not worry about it 😉

Nope.  They get the Washington team and/or the Fins

30 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Nope.  They get the Washington team and/or the Fins

He gets back to back picks so it’s Washington team and Fins lol. 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Jerk 

sorry i made you wait so long for that. 😆

• Haha 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

drew the #1 pick in my money league.  mccaffrey all the way! 

Nice. A top three pick is such a huge advantage.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:31 AM, jwill2420 said:

My thoughts exactly. If It wasn’t for the quick turn around I would have went in a different direction. I have 3 teams I want and Alpha can only take 2 depending on who he picks. 

Just guessing but are you getting to choose from all 3?

35 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

drew the #1 pick in my money league.  mccaffrey all the way! 

TWINSIES! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

Just a suggestion. Maybe we should make a rule that whoever takes more than 24 HRs to make a pick gets who ever is the highest team on the NFL.Com power ranking not picked yet. 

That way he can be with his guys all weekend and not worry about it 😉

we have time.  the newb wound up picking 2 teams with the same bye...so it was worth it. :whistle:

and you're up!  

20 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

we have time.  the newb wound up picking 2 teams with the same bye...so it was worth it. :whistle:

and you're up!  

this dude was last online literally within mins of when it was his pick :roll:

I think he checked in to see what was left and is doing some homework to figure out who he should pick.  Pretty sure he did the same thing with his last pick.

• Like 1

dammit. i need make sure i have my glasses on. thought san fran's bye was week 10. :roll:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Just guessing but are you getting to choose from all 3?

Yeah 😂

I picked Minnesota cause it was too hard pass up having 2 top 5 RBs. 

Plus I think Adam Thielen is back healthy and should be a big contributor now that Diggs is gone. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

this dude was last online literally within mins of when it was his pick :roll:

😁

Had a hard time picking from 3 teams. I was for sure Alpha was gonna take at least one and make my pick easier but nope...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

😁

Had a hard time picking from 3 teams. I was for sure Alpha was gonna take at least one and make my pick easier but nope...

So torn between ATL and TOMpa, but ATL just edged them out in my math... hope I don't regret... 

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

So torn between ATL and TOMpa, but ATL just edged them out in my math... hope I don't regret... 

Hard choice, RB is not ideal for either team, but I think Julio and Ridley are a better WR combo.

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Hard choice, RB is not ideal for either team, but I think Julio and Ridley are a better WR combo.

That was my hope... TOMpa hasn’t been lighting up the air for years, and they don’t have Jameis 30 for 30 Winston just slinging it... so I hope ATL has the better passing attack. 

also... starting to wonder if maybe I should have drafted teams based on which states are doing the best at flattening the curve and staying closed to prevent the spread. My Team 2 might be out at the scrip club with LouWill trying to catch the rona :lol: 

• Haha 1

wong picked the cowboys in the 1st & tom brady in the 2nd.  even money he picks osama bin laden with his 3rd rounder. :nonono:    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, i almost want atl over the browns...but i needed that rb chubb! 

what to compare chubbs brah?

Here were my random Seattle/Tampa/ATL lists. The numbers beneath are the sum of the QB plus the top two skill players, and the second is the QB+TE+top 3 skill players. Again, an arbitrary minimal thought method, but what I am working on with 0 mins of time/energy/effort/research on Fantasy prior to this thread at like 4pm Friday :lol:

image.png.2f0c6e75d9943bb83a0ebf4e77e1103c.png

image.png.adf129975e844dd2ff01e75ad0f3913e.png

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Yep. Those where the 3 teams I was struggling to choose from. ATL has a very Good combo of WRs with Jones and Ridley. My only worry was Gurley’s knee if not for that they was gonna be my pick. 

Same story with Tampa, great receiving weapons but weak at RB. I had Brady last season in a different draft and he really let me down. So maybe that was another reason I passed however he’s never had this many weapons at once so???

So that left me with Minnesota who has Cook a top 5 RB, Adam Thielen who was hampered last season with the ole hammy injury but is fully healthy and a beast when he is fully healed. 

10 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Yep. Those where the 3 teams I was struggling to choose from. ATL has a very Good combo of WRs with Jones and Ridley. My only worry was Gurley’s knee if not for that they was gonna be my pick. 

Same story with Tampa, great receiving weapons but weak at RB. I had Brady last season in a different draft and he really let me down. So maybe that was another reason I passed however he’s never had this many weapons at once so???

So that left me with Minnesota who has Cook a top 5 RB, Adam Thielen who was hampered last season with the ole hammy injury but is fully healthy and a beast when he is fully healed. 

Here is my best lineup based on today's numbers, showing pre-season projected rankings at their position. I'm okay with it at the moment

image.png.4bb5cfcc5c96ea2f7fa4b650ed55a191.png