Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

1 hour ago, Mr_Philly said:

Same **** different season, when are they going to blow it all up and start over?

Comcast ownership won't give a sh** until people stop showing up and tuning in, and even then, it's not like they'll have half a clue how to execute a rebuild. Bow to your corporate overlords!

5 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Comcast ownership won't give a sh** until people stop showing up and tuning in, and even then, it's not like they'll have half a clue how to execute a rebuild. Bow to your corporate overlords!

Yes, it really sucks for the fans that a corporation owns the team instead of a billionaire individual who is the face of ownership and will have the heat and anger of the fanbase directed their way.  Who the Hell knows who the owners are?  Faceless, nameless entity that will only ever care about the bottom line and doesn't care about winning a Cup.  They'll be happy as long as they're making money off this team.

• Like 3

Any word on why tonight’s game was postponed?

Edit:  found it…

NEW YORK (Nov. 27, 2021) - The National Hockey League announced today that as a result of an additional New York Islanders Player entering COVID Protocol this morning, and up to eight Players potentially unavailable to play due to COVID Protocol, as well as the possibility of additional cases due to spread, the team's games will be postponed at least through Tuesday, Nov. 30. The decision was made by the League in consultation with the NHLPA's and Club's medical groups.”

57 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The real problem is that an entity owns the Flyers (Comcast).  There’s not one front facing person to hold others accountable.   

jack-nicholson-jack.gif.54feb5ab24d455c5bc45d64defdeddb0.gif

The most insidious the aspect of all of this is that the network with national broadcasting rights has ownership of the team. It's like state-sponsored television :wacko:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I turned it off at 3-0.  So glad I don’t waste money on the center ice package anymore.   I can get pretty much any game on ESPN+ now. But still.   Even before the ESPN deal, I stopped subscribing.  

I have been getting center ice for at least 5 years now, this year it was only $59.00. Over those years watching the flyers I find myself flipping off the game because they are losing so bad. Last night my buddy texted to remind me the flyers were on, I was watching something with my wife at the time, it seemed like 10 minutes later he texted again and said don’t bother watching because it was 3-0.

My brother was going to take me to a flyers game this year as a birthday present, because this team is so pathetic we both decided to skip the flyers and we are going to make it a Phillies game instead (not much better), lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Philly said:

I have been getting center ice for at least 5 years now, this year it was only $59.00. Over those years watching the flyers I find myself flipping off the game because they are losing so bad. Last night my buddy texted to remind me the flyers were on, I was watching something with my wife at the time, it seemed like 10 minutes later he texted again to don’t bother watching because it was 3-0.

My brother was going to take me to a flyers game this year as a birthday present, because this team is so pathetic we both decided to skip the flyers and we are going to make it a Phillies game instead (not much better), lol. 

At least with the Phillies you get to watch the reigning MVP. 

4 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Will they finally trade Giroux?

He would have to agree to where he would be going to. If a contender were interested in him, he would be smart to waive his NTC because his Flyers tenure has obviously run its course. He's not winning anything here.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 4:16 AM, Mr_Philly said:

I have been getting center ice for at least 5 years now, this year it was only $59.00. Over those years watching the flyers I find myself flipping off the game because they are losing so bad. Last night my buddy texted to remind me the flyers were on, I was watching something with my wife at the time, it seemed like 10 minutes later he texted again and said don’t bother watching because it was 3-0.

I think you mean so much better! Regardless of whether they win or lose, an average baseball game will always trump an average hockey game in person (unless you are up against the glass).

The warm weather, the dulcet tones of the PA announcer, the Beer and fresh dogs or brats, the sounds of the stadium, and the fact that you can get up and go to the bathroom pretty much whenever you want because the action is slower. You are making the right choice my friend, if both teams stink I am going to the ballpark. 

1 hour ago, QBhunter58 said:

I think you mean so much better! Regardless of whether they win or lose, an average baseball game will always trump an average hockey game in person (unless you are up against the glass).

The warm weather, the dulcet tones of the PA announcer, the Beer and fresh dogs or brats, the sounds of the stadium, and the fact that you can get up and go to the bathroom pretty much whenever you want because the action is slower. You are making the right choice my friend, if both teams stink I am going to the ballpark. 

Right. And maybe you get to see a Bryce bomb. 

• Like 1

Also didn't watch the game and just saw the score.  Is this team officially in free fall?  They started out strong and now seems like they can't do anything right. 

Ask me how much I love being a fan in Tampa and dating a Fn Lightning season ticket holder. Really Fn great.

Didn’t even watch the game and all I could do was sit there and take it like some beta bish. 

• Haha 1

Despite the downward spiral, I am a little shocked they fired AV at this point in the season.  I guess they learned their lesson from past years of watching the playoffs slip away relatively early in the year.

I was never sold on Vigneault. Good riddance. Now do Fletcher.

42 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

AV Fired!!!

Top 30 Joker Here We Go GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Amazingness of the flyers is they’ve had 4 head coaches in 10 years (not including interim). That’s on average a new coach every 2.5 years. Frankly they should fire fletcher too. Besides Atkinson for voracek most of his moves since he’s gotten here have all failed. Kevin hayes is overpaid. Risto wasn’t worth what they gave up to get him. To no surprise Ryan Ellis can’t stay healthy. 

What's the deal with Tocchet? Hasn't the argument been that this organization always brings back former Flyers to positions and that it never works out? He has a 178-200-60 record as head coach. I don't care what they do. I'm pretty apathetic to this organization anymore. Truth be told, the Flyers organization needs an enema and until they do that, it really doesn't matter who they bring in.