Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

That's that. 

They only have themselves to blame for not making the playoffs. After pretty much a guarantee playoff spot to an 8 game losing streak to bad teams is why they didn’t make it. They blew it 

• Like 3

Just now, RoadToHell said:

They only have themselves to blame for not making the playoffs. After pretty much a guarantee playoff spot to an 8 game losing streak to bad teams is why they didn’t make it. They blew it 

This ukn city.  8 game choke job.  10-1 choke job.  

• Like 2

Well, at least Errson turned it around the last few games. This team just can't score. I'd like to see TK and Laughton shipped out this offseason to shake things up. Unfortunately, they are stuck with Risto for at least another year. He turned into another Ryan Ellis over the past 50 games. Disappeared and never to be heard from again.

As small a chance it is, maybe they can get lucky like 2017 and luck into the 2nd pick. Heck, I'd even be happy if they move into the 5-8 range.

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

Well, at least Errson turned it around the last few games. This team just can't score. I'd like to see TK and Laughton shipped out this offseason to shake things up. Unfortunately, they are stuck with Risto for at least another year. He turned into another Ryan Ellis over the past 50 games. Disappeared and never to be heard from again.

As small a chance it is, maybe they can get lucky like 2017 and luck into the 2nd pick. Heck, I'd even be happy if they move into the 5-8 range.

Who?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, devpool said:

Who?

It's the guy that they are going to be paying 6.5 mil per year the next 3 years to not play hockey. Another Chuck Fletcher gem.

5 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

It's the guy that they are going to be paying 6.5 mil per year the next 3 years to not play hockey. Another Chuck Fletcher gem.

People on twitter were so excited to get him lol dude was perpetually hurt in Nashville and then those people were shocked when he immediately got hurt here

• Like 1

The 8-game skid gave a bitter taste to the end of the season, but I think contending for a playoff spot made the season a success.  This season was supposed to be a big waste.  They may have made the playoffs if Hart was available. So just missing while riding with a backup goalie, in a season when they should not have contended at all, was pretty nice.

• Like 2

Can't remember a year where two teams choke like the Eagles/Flyers have just done.  Maybe I've just buried the memories.

7 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

The 8-game skid gave a bitter taste to the end of the season, but I think contending for a playoff spot made the season a success.  This season was supposed to be a big waste.  They may have made the playoffs if Hart was available. So just missing while riding with a backup goalie, in a season when they should not have contended at all, was pretty nice.

The season was mostly a waste. The roster is a mess, they didn’t unload any significant talent during the season for draft picks or prospects (TK, Laughton) and they’re pretty much strapped cap wise this offseason. And they’re only picking 12th in the upcoming draft. 

The perpetual mediocrity cycle continues. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

The season was mostly a waste. The roster is a mess, they didn’t unload any significant talent during the season for draft picks or prospects (TK, Laughton) and they’re pretty much strapped cap wise this offseason. And they’re only picking 12th in the upcoming draft. 

The perpetual mediocrity cycle continues. 

12th is where they are in the final standings, but doesn't mean that's where they will pick. Technically, if they get super lucky, they could pick 2nd. Is that likely? No, but Charlie O Connnor said there are guys where the Flyers are picking that have a lot of upside. The question is whether the Flyers can develop them.

I actually think they ship Laughton out during the summer. TK is a possibility to be shipped out as well. I agree though, this team needs new blood and those 2 guys have run their course here. It'll be interesting to see what Danny B has up his sleeve. 

Laughton is definitely gone either this offseason or at next season's trade deadline. 

If they do pick outside of the top 10 I think they could package that with TK to move up a couple of spots into the top 10 if they wanted, not sure what his worth is around the league but I'd assume at least a second.

The biggest issue is coots, who is stuck here forever with a big cap number and is probably never going to get even close to where he was before for an entire season.

13 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

Yeah except the goalie issue still isn’t solved… so not sure that’s an excuse for this season. Of course, I was one of the few that caught flak for saying Hart is mediocre to begin with so IMO even if he could play they’d still need to address the goalie spot to be a real contender. 

They need a top guy and a good number 2 and they need a goalie, there is no Lindros LeClair on this team, and I see not much hope to be anything other than mediocre for a long time.

Risto, Coots, Ellis. CF really effed this team bad. That's not even including the terrible trades utilizing high draft picks. I've been saying that IF everything breaks right, the Flyers could be cup contenders by 2030. That's a big if though. 

• Like 1

#selltheteam

• Like 1