Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

This dog speaks for the city right now. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep, that's why I think they will do it.  I heard there were some old time Flyers who have a voice and they're angling for Tocchet.  I don't want him, but it makes sense.  

Yep I agree. For some reason, I thought you wanted Tocchet. I guess I failed to detect the sarcasm in your post :lol: 

2 hours ago, vsptroops said:

What's the deal with Tocchet? Hasn't the argument been that this organization always brings back former Flyers to positions and that it never works out? He has a 178-200-60 record as head coach. I don't care what they do. I'm pretty apathetic to this organization anymore. Truth be told, the Flyers organization needs an enema and until they do that, it really doesn't matter who they bring in.

They really should’ve blown it up after giroux’s 102 point season when the following season they regressed and basically done what they’ve done for the last decade. But every flyers fan got butt hurt when saying they should blow it up and get value for guys like giroux before their inevitable decline. Instead they tried to rebuild and win a cup at the same time which now gotten them to this point. The prospects and picks we would’ve gotten would’ve helped more long term then continuously banging our head against the wall on a team that really has been fringe playoff team and not a true Stanley cup contender since 2014. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep. Giroux is a major part of the problem/culture.  

Yup. And people this summer wanted to just pin it all on voracek and giroux was blameless. And here we are same issues we’ve had and actually potentially even worse as a team

Love giroux. And he’s accomplished a ton. He’s a flyers hall of famer. but he’s also been the one key cog here through it all as captain. He’s part of the culture problem. At some point you have to realize just cause he’s an all time flyer doesn’t mean he is absolved from blame for what’s happened. Yes he could’ve used way more help and I’m not going to deny that. But he’s also at fault for the flyers shortcomings and inconsistencies over the past decade 

Just falling apart fast, and now Giroux is in the box after they give up the 3rd goal.  

Now THAT PP leads to *another* Avs goal :nonono:

4-1, Avs

Wow, they are actually battling back!

2 goals scored as quickly as they gave them up, with G sending in a beautiful PP one-timer to bring them within 1.

4-3, Avs

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Who’s playing in goal?  Jalen Reachor?

At least it hasn’t bounced off of his goalie mask and gone in yet

• Haha 1

Sounds like a fun game to watch.  But so is NE v BUF in 60 MPH winds. 

It's the Philly way to try and get 1-2 more years of a playoff/championship window instead of seeing the writing on the wall and rebuilding.  Piss poor ownership and GMs all across the board.  Hextall was a good GM, but he should have fired Hakstol instead of clinging to him.  Also needed to get the young players into the mix sooner than he did.  But he was good at evaluating talent and building a team.  Flyers are probably the most trigger happy of all the Philly sports franchises.  They cast off players, coaches, and GMs before their time more often than not.  How many Flyers players have gone on to better things? 

Between Comcast owning the team and trying to turn Flyers home games into Justin Beirber concerts it's not easy to keep the faith with this team. 

The Flyers are headed to the bottom.  Only 3 teams in the NHL with a worse goal differential.  

Bad players, bad coach just hired to replace decent coach who got fired, horrid GM -- Chip Kelly-bad GM, who made only terrible moves in the offseason.

Until the GM gets fired there is nowhere to go but down.  

• Like 1

The update to the thread title -- :roll:

I admit, I am not that much of a fan as you all, but, it still stinks to see a Philly sports team struggle like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

The update to the thread title -- :roll:

I admit, I am not that much of a fan as you all, but, it still stinks to see a Philly sports team struggle like this.

I wish we could add a photo of the dog shitting on the logo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got the game on in time to see the Flyers work for their second goal and take the lead.

Looking good so far but, as always, it’s a matter of them keeping/expanding on that lead and actually winning the game.

Looking good in the 3rd.  Up 2 goals after JVR nets his first goal in 11 games and puts them up 4-2

Wow, the Flyers actually won one, too bad they have no chance at a playoff spot because of their annual 10 game losing streak.

I actually heard on the radio that the last two times the Flyers had a 10 game losing streak.......they made the playoffs.

When they had a 10 game winning streak (2019?), they didn't make the playoffs.

Too lazy to look that up to verify it. :fly:

17 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I actually heard on the radio that the last two times the Flyers had a 10 game losing streak.......they made the playoffs.

When they had a 10 game winning streak (2019?), they didn't make the playoffs.

Too lazy to look that up to verify it. :fly:

That actually sounds correct.  I remember that 10-game win streak and the epic collapse that followed.

So about to make it 3 wins in a row as they are leading the Devils 6-1 with Atkinson bagging a hat trick.  This win jump them over the Devils into 6th in the division.  Can they keep scratching and climbing towards 4th?

Looking much better under Yeoh right now.  The season is still salvageable, but it’s gonna take consistency - something we haven’t seen in years.