Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

29 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You read where I said the entire team sucks, right?

Sure, but you seem to single out Hart a lot more than anyone else.

40 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Sure, but you seem to single out Hart a lot more than anyone else.

He played great tonight. Only reason it wasn’t a blow out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Awwww.....it's ok fella.  Don't swing your purse again.  

It's only because I told everyone over a year ago in here that is overrated.  And tons of guys got all twisted up about it.  He's still young..though.  🙂

Ahh, there it is....purse-swinging...breaking out the classics, I see :rolleyes:

23 years old is still pretty damn young for an athlete but especially a goaltender. You just never liked the guy, even when he was playing well early in his career. Right now, the Flyers are such a disaster that I don't think anyone can really give him a fair evaluation for this season. Regardless of how Hart's career turns out, your analysis of him has always been so obviously biased that it's never going to look like anything more than a hater hating.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My analysis of him only exist because of those who were so desperate to anoint him even before he made his debut.  I have never said he sucked.  Just said he was overrated.  And that was correct.  Just admit it.  

It depends who's rating him. When he came into the league, yes, people thought he would be an elite goaltender who'd solidify the position for the next decade. There's plenty of reason to doubt that that's currently case, though, so I've tempered my expectations and assume many others have as well. If someone is out there claiming that Hart looks just as promising as when he got called up, then yes, they're overrating him, but I don't hear a lot of people saying that. When he broke onto the scene, it was reasonable to be excited and optimistic, but right now there's definitely a lot of cause for concern. Anyone who isn't concerned about Hart right now is delusional. This is the kind of situation that can ruin a prospect who might otherwise enjoy a successful career.

• Like 1

Guess I'm bored enough to watch this shitshow tonight.

Not many silver linings with this team, but Farabee is worth the price of admission alone.

• Like 1

I don't know, guys. Hart isn't flawless, but he's pretty damn good. He definitely has skills you can work with. Pretty much no one's untouchable on this team, but Hart, Farabee, TK, and Provy are a good nucleus that you can build around.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:09 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Guess I'm bored enough to watch this shitshow tonight.

The Flyers are getting ripped apart on Facebook by people who have cable, and the NHL package if they live out of town, and are now being told to get ESPN+.  Even with a winner, that's a lot of money to dish out.  I can't blame them for passing on these games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

The Flyers are getting ripped apart on Facebook by people who have cable, and the NHL package if they live out of town, and are now being told to get ESPN+.  Even with a winner, that's a lot of money to dish out.  I can't blame them for passing on these games.

I was luckily able to get it from my gf's Hulu account, but I don't blame them them at all. The stream quality was straight garbage on the first game, too. This game was better but still a bit spotty. It's good to see the NHL back on ESPN, though.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:49 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's only because I told everyone over a year ago in here that is overrated. 

Agreed.  I have been saying this for 2 years.  All the hype came before he ever showed anything on a consistent basis.  He had a good stretch for part of a year during the bubble I think it was.  He makes unbelievable saves that many goalies can't make but he lets in the fluke goals way more than he is suppose to and doesn't seem to have the mental part down.

• Like 1

After the Flyers played at Seattle and we got a chance to see the new (refurbished) arena and new team and everything, there hasn't been a reason for me to watch

It’s just so bad.  SO BAD.  Only team in franchise history to pull off not one, but two, 10-game winless streaks in a single season.

The Phillies are a joke too, but I think it’s safe to say at this point that the Flyers are by far the worst team in Philly. This is just pathetic. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, nipples said:

The Phillies are a joke too, but I think it’s safe to say at this point that the Flyers are by far the worst team in Philly. This is just pathetic. 

No doubt.  Every night feels completely hopeless when the Flyers take the ice.

I kinda want to see this losing streak go on for like..... forever. MAYBE then something will be done at the top of this faceless franchise.

At least with the Eagles, we get to vent to an individual Billionaire that we all know and can see.

• Like 3

Snider should have let Pat run the Sixers and the Flyers. By the way-he only died in 16? Feels like he's been gone a lot longer than that.

• Like 1

I didn't hear the presser live but they've been tlking about it on the radio.  Did he really blame the Flyers home attendance woes on Covid?

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Fletcher says they will only trade Giroux if he wants out.  Great, we have the players running the FO.  JFC.  No wonder this franchise is a joke.  

I mean Giroux has a NMC so he’s not wrong. 

That said, that press conference was a joke. This team sucks right now and Covid and Injuries are not the only reason.  That they think this is quick retool is absolutely concerning.  Your "core” guys are almost all over 30 and your best offensive player is 34.  This PC wasn’t as bad as "we don’t need a fresh perspective” but it’s pretty low 

• Like 1

When the guys you think are your best players are actually some of your worst players, the team is bad.

The season is half over and 4 guys (FOUR) have more than 10 goals -- in a league where you can hardly hit people anymore

One of those 4 guys is JVR; he has 4 even-strength goals all year long (FOUR) -- and he's a -20, as a forward ... and he gets paid 10X what he's worth

Kevin Hayes is a -12 in only 20 games; if he was healthy he'd be in JVR territory ... and he gets paid 10X what he's worth

Keith Yandle is a -23.  He's 35 years-old and I swore he was 45.  The good news is he's played in 965 straight games.  The bad news is he hasn't been any good in about 600 games

What happened to this up-and-coming D group?  

Provorov is OK

Sanheim is OK

Braun is not very good

Ristolainen is meh

Ryan Ellis is .... thanks for ... getting paid, I guess

And the team is old.  How many guys over 30 are playing prime minutes on this team?  Hard to believe there are still 5 teams who are worse.  They're headed for the bottom.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Hard to believe there are still 5 teams who are worse.  They're headed for the bottom.

Great post.

I quoted this part because it's absurd that the Flyers have had a 10 game losing streak AND a 13 game one, yet, there are some teams that are even worse than them. :blink:

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Much like with the Eagles, I have moved on from blaming Howie and moved my attention to Lurie, it's not about Fletcher anymore.  When Dave Scott says, "Chuck is my guy....." then the ownership is now the target for any vitriol.  

I miss Snider.  The man was flawed and he infuriated me at times, but you always knew how much he cared about the team and wanted to win no matter what. I don’t get that feeling from Scott at all and as a result I don’t think he’ll do what needs to be done to fix this organization. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I miss Snider.  The man was flawed and he infuriated me at times, but you always knew how much he cared about the team and wanted to win no matter what. I don’t get that feeling from Scott at all and as a result I don’t think he’ll do what needs to be done to fix this organization. 

I'm assuming Snider sold the team because no one in the family was up to the task of running the show, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why the hell he sold it to Comcast. I know they had a longstanding relationship and the money on the table was probably much more than could've likely been obtained through an individual, but I never thought this would end well. I believe Snider cared about the future of the franchise, but that sale was so misguided.

• Like 2