Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

On 1/24/2022 at 12:34 PM, MIRV Griffen said:

No doubt.  Every night feels completely hopeless when the Flyers take the ice.

They have no gas in the tank. Guys are visibly checked out, and so am I

• Like 1

20 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

They have no gas in the tank. Guys are visibly checked out, and so am I

Same.  I watch out of pure boredom at this point.  Sad, because I was truly enjoying game nights not so long ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I didn't even know he was in the mix. Seems like another ploy by Comcast to buy the fans' loyalty by tapping a formerly great player for a FO role.

Brière reportedly going to be heavily involved in all Flyers decisions

In his new role, he’s going to be much more hands-on.

The Philadelphia Flyers moved Daniel Brière from running the day-to-day operations of the team’s ECHL affiliate, the Maine Mariners, to the role of a "Special Assistant to the General Manager,” whatever that means. Anyway, it’s a promotion for the former player that has not yet been made official but has been widely reported on.

Most recently, it was confirmed by Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek, as they also touched on just what exactly that role will be within the club.

"As I understand it, [Brière] is probably going to be involved in, part of the discussions, touching everything the Flyers and Chuck Fletcher do from here on in,” Marek said on Monday’s 32 Thoughts podcast.

Friedman then went into detail about how the move for Brière to take a more solidified front office position happened sooner than he would have thought, having originally projected the management move to happen at the end of the season.

Obviously — and Friedman points this out as well — Philadelphia having to make some key franchise-altering decisions in the coming months and before the March 21 trade deadline, puts a massive focus on making the coming days right. Including Brière in these conversations show that this will be a more long-term position and hopes are that he will be around whenever these moves for future assets (if that is the path the organization is going down) come to fruition.

It is going to be an increasingly interesting rest of the season for the Flyers, and this move within the organization provides at least more of a long-term vision for what the foundation will be. On the roster, there is nothing but uncertainty; on the bench, no one knows who will be coaching here next season; but now with Brière in the fold, there is at least a solid option to lay down a base and work up from there.

Let’s just hope it all pans out.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2022/2/7/22921748/philadelphia-flyers-danny-briere-gm-chuck-fletcher-trade-rumors-nhl?fbclid=IwAR3kqZUY9eVx929SMYb65fgeZi55--en-TWS3XhobasRTxYD87SMDkDXgxg

Yeah the whole team sucks, but I’m going to say that I don’t see Hart as a franchise goaltender for the long-term. Guy is just OK. 

24 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah the whole team sucks, but I’m going to say that I don’t see Hart as a franchise goaltender for the long-term. Guy is just OK. 

He has had absolutely no defense in front of him, this season or last. The amount of high quality chances he routinely faces is outrageous. Any other goalie in the league would fair just as well if not worse. 

• Like 1

Could be worse the coyotes are moving into ASU’s new stadium for the next three years that holds just 5000 fans and hoping Tempe approves their new arena lol 

• Haha 2

Too bad that they beat LA and Winnipeg. If not, the losing streak would be 19 games.

I assume a lot of the blame for their AWFUL season will be injuries. Not sure HOW much that played into it. It had some impact though.

STOP GOING TO THE GAMES. Maybe that might wake up this dull and faceless franchise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I don't know who changes the thread titles, but kudos on this one. LMAO.

Still a whole two months to go :roll:

• Haha 1

Not shocking at all at this point in the season, but it looks like Ellis is officially done for the year.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Not shocking at all at this point in the season, but it looks like Ellis is officially done for the year.

Did he even play at all this year? I honestly don't know.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Did he even play at all this year? I honestly don't know.

Like maybe the first month.  That’s it.

On 3/1/2022 at 7:29 PM, LacesOut said:

I don't know who changes the thread titles, but kudos on this one. LMAO.

😎

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Like maybe the first month.  That’s it.

Don't even think it was that long. I believed he played 4 or 5 games then has gone M.I.A. ever since

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

Don't even think it was that long. I believed he played 4 or 5 games then has gone M.I.A. ever since

Oof!  Yeah, great investment.

2 hours ago, vsptroops said:

That’s David Robertson type. Gotta love it 

Anyone suffering through the Wild vs. Flyers?  They score 4 goals only to give up 5 🤣

34 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Anyone suffering through the Wild vs. Flyers?  They score 4 goals only to give up 5 🤣

It was an entertaining and satisfying loss. I’m not sure they had more than 5000 in the stands tonight.

• Like 2