Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

6 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Anyone suffering through the Wild vs. Flyers?  They score 4 goals only to give up 5 🤣

I just moved to New Freedom Pa. and every game the Flyers play in Philly is blacked out on center ice, between that and them constantly losing I have given up for this season. I got tired wasting three hours of my life watching that garbage, worse Flyers season I can remember.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not far out of last place, baby!  We just a need a few scrub teams to start winning.

4 hours ago, Mr_Philly said:

I just moved to New Freedom Pa. and every game the Flyers play in Philly is blacked out on center ice, between that and them constantly losing I have given up for this season. I got tired wasting three hours of my life watching that garbage, worse Flyers season I can remember.

Can’t blame you at all.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

3/21/2022 Trade Deadline......

Remember 2 decades ago, how exciting the trade deadline was?  Now, I'm excited to see who we sell.  Hoping it's everyone.....when I say everyone......I mean everyone.  

YARN | Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube-Man Warehouse and Emporium. | Family Guy  (1999) - S13E02 Comedy | Video gifs by quotes | 85a33a13 | 紗

it's a fire sale folks. everything must gooooooooooooo !!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

3/21/2022 Trade Deadline......

Remember 2 decades ago, how exciting the trade deadline was?  Now, I'm excited to see who we sell.  Hoping it's everyone.....when I say everyone......I mean everyone.  

I just hope Fletcher doesn't double down on the Risto trade and decide to not only keep him for the rest of the season, but give him a stupid contract extension. Don't be surprised if he does.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I just hope Fletcher doesn't double down on the Risto trade and decide to not only keep him for the rest of the season, but give him a stupid contract extension. Don't be surprised if he does.

There was a rumor he offer him a contract extension worth $6m per over 6 years. That would easily be one of the worst flyers contracts of all time. Flyers defense would be Fed for the next 3-4 years with the existing Ellis and Provorov long term deals. You could also say good bye to Sanheim in that scenario. 

I wouldn’t pay Risto more than $3m per year let alone $6m.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

There was a rumor he offer him a contract extension worth $6m per over 6 years. That would easily be one of the worst flyers contracts of all time. Flyers defense would be Fed for the next 3-4 years with the existing Ellis and Provorov long term deals. You could also say good bye to Sanheim in that scenario. 

Correct. The Hayes and Ellis contracts are going to age bad enough. They don't need to offer another under performing player a long term deal. 

• Like 2

I think they have like 3 wins and 20 losses since 1/1/22.

:blink:

I wonder if the the entire roster/coaches, etc, switched places with the Phantoms, and you let the Phantoms play 23 NHL games, would they win more than 3?

On 3/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, Blazehound said:

The flyers seem to always have GMs that want to pay mediocre to below average defensemen big money and for like 5-6 years. Has Andrew Macdonald written all over it. Ellis trade also looks horrible cause he’s hurt which isn’t a shocker to anyone who’s paid attention to Ellis the last 4 years. We got a whopping 4 games out of him. Fletcher deserves to be fired so he doesn’t F us over anymore than he did  

this team needs to just unload the veteran older players that they can and go with youth. 

The way this organization has fallen apart is just depressing. I believe that after this season, they will have won just one playoff series in the past decade?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, nipples said:

The way this organization has fallen apart is just depressing. I believe that after this season, they will have won just one playoff series in the past decade?

Ever since Ed passed it’s been a train wreck 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Ever since Ed passed it’s been a train wreck 

*cough* Comcast *cough*

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Wow.  They actually held a 1-goal lead and won against Vegas…

And here comes the meaningless wins to blow their draft position. This organization can’t do anything right.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blazehound said:

And here comes the meaningless wins to blow their draft position. This organization can’t do anything right.

Sigh

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Sigh

Just awful. This is worse than the Macdonald contract.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Blazehound said:

Just awful. This is worse than the Macdonald contract.

Should’ve fired fletcher as soon as he made the trade for risto and Ellis. Ellis has been perpetually hurt the last 5 years and risto wasn’t worth what they gave up nor that contract. Fletcher is gonna get fired anyway and the flyers are going to be bad for 3-5 years. 

• Like 1

I think we really just need to forget this franchise even exists.

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

the flyers are going to be bad for 3-5 years. 

Absolute best-case scenario IMO.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I think we really just need to forget this franchise even exists.

Absolute best-case scenario IMO.

Game worn jerseys and stuff the time to buy is now. I’ve seen stuff at low prices due to how bad they are. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Should’ve fired fletcher as soon as he made the trade for risto and Ellis. Ellis has been perpetually hurt the last 5 years and risto wasn’t worth what they gave up nor that contract. Fletcher is gonna get fired anyway and the flyers are going to be bad for 3-5 years. 

They should have cleaned house this season, traded all vets, tank for a high draft pick and hit the reset button in the offseason. This is very similar to the path Fletcher lead in Minnesota. He took a competitive team into prolonged purgatory through horrible trades and signings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

The last two teams they played and lost to each have 40 more points than the Flyers. :roll:

Doesn’t even seem possible…yet here we are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Doesn’t even seem possible…yet here we are.

And yet, somehow, we're still not in last place. It would figure that Flyers have possibly their worst season in franchise history and still not get the top lotto pick, lol.

• Haha 3