Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

2 minutes ago, devpool said:

They needed to move Hayes, and everyone knew it. The coach hates him, and while he might not be a bad guy in the locker room he's a horrible example to have around a young team on the ice. He plays lazy and he doesn't defend well, the exact opposite of what they're trying to instill in this team. He had to go, the whole world knew, and thus you get a crappy return. Holding onto him hurts the team more than helps in terms of building a winning culture.

I liked Hayes (not the contract) his first year but he became a lumbering turnover machine and offered nothing defensively. So awful defensively that torts moved him to wing for a while

Edit: also the biggest downside of having such an outspoken coach like torts, he was basically telling the entire league how much Hayes sucked all year long

41 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d do it just to get out of the contact. Use 28 and 7 to move up to potentially secure Matvei Michkov

It'd be a miracle if briere moves sanheim

17 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d do it just to get out of the contact. Use 28 and 7 to move up to potentially secure Matvei Michkov

Too many red flags with that guy.  I wouldn't draft a top 10 prospect knowing that his development will be entirely in the KHL.

Benson

Michkov

Smith

Any of those at 7 and I'm ecstatic. Wouldn't be upset with Leonard either.

I really think if Benson makes it to 7 he'll be the pick. Amazing production (2nd in points in WHL behind only bedard) and his biggest knock is his size (5'10" ~160). With Briere at the helm, I can easily see him seeing a lot of himself in Benson and making that call. Kid's only 17 so he can easily put on 20-25 pounds by the time he reaches the NHL and be fine

12 minutes ago, devpool said:

Benson

Michkov

Smith

Any of those at 7 and I'm ecstatic. Wouldn't be upset with Leonard either.

I really think if Benson makes it to 7 he'll be the pick. Amazing production (2nd in points in WHL behind only bedard) and his biggest knock is his size (5'10" ~160). With Briere at the helm, I can easily see him seeing a lot of himself in Benson and making that call. Kid's only 17 so he can easily put on 20-25 pounds by the time he reaches the NHL and be fine

I think Leonard is likely going to be the pick. He’s going to be playing with Gauthier next year and can develop together. Plus yesterday was a ton of smoke around ryan Leonard. Prior to that sounded like they were really high on michkov

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think Leonard is likely going to be the pick. He’s going to be playing with Gauthier next year and can develop together. Plus yesterday was a ton of smoke around ryan Leonard. Prior to that sounded like they were really high on michkov

Leonard would be a fine pick. I wouldn't be as excited if they pick him OVER any of the other 3 but if they're all gone he'd be a very good consolation prize 

Here we go, draft begins. F Chicago, clearly fixed for them to get #1 after toews and Kane left this season. Hopefully we can grab a couple of studs 

Bedard, Carlsson, fantilli, and Smith off the board. Benson, michkov or Leonard will be available at the flyers pick

Carey price made the pick for the Canadiens and forgot the name lmao. They picked reinbacher!!! Michkov, Benson, Leonard still available!!!

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

Carey price made the pick for the Canadiens and forgot the name lmao. They picked reinbacher!!! Michkov, Benson, Leonard still available!!!

Feels like Leonard, Dvorsky or michkov goes 6

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Feels like Leonard, Dvorsky or michkov goes 6

Wow leave it to the yotes to throw a complete curveball. Most mocks had that kid 9-20 range 

• Like 1

That kid looked shocked as hell that he was picked. 😆

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wow leave it to the yotes to throw a complete curveball. Most mocks had that kid 9-15 range 

I love it!!!! Flyers have a chance to make a franchise altering pick with michkov, or a safer playbwith Leonard or benson

2 minutes ago, devpool said:

I love it!!!! Flyers have a chance to make a franchise altering pick with michkov, or a safer playbwith Leonard or benson

I’d go michkov. Think the kid could be a star. Like the other two but flyers should take the chance worse thing happens we are still crap and in a rebuild still. Lol 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d go michkov. Think the kid could be a star. Like the other two but flyers should take the chance worse thing happens we are still crap and in a rebuild still. Lol 

We need michkov. If we don't get him he'll go to Washington and kill us for years 

Just now, devpool said:

We need michkov. If we don't get him he'll go to Washington and kill us for years 

Would be fitting if they passed on him. 

Nice. Gonna be a long 3 years but at least they took this kid. He has a chance to be absolute stud 

Has a higher offensive output than Ovechkin? Hell yeah! Run to the podium! 

Love this pick!!

Now they have pick 22 to pick a safe, high floor guy like they've traditionally done, if they want. Or full Fin send and pick the best available athlete

16 minutes ago, devpool said:

Now they have pick 22 to pick a safe, high floor guy like they've traditionally done, if they want. Or full Fin send and pick the best available athlete

If benson keeps falling I’d love to see the flyers trade up and snag him as well.

Love the Michkov pick. If you’re the Flyers, they needed to go for the highest upside talent and they did just that. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

If benson keeps falling I’d love to see the flyers trade up and snag him as well.

Damn just went to Buffalo. That would've been an absolutely amazing draft had they grabbed him AND michkov