MMA

Lorddevn

A thread for me to talk to myself on this board too. May 9th something to be excited about until May 7th

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. Next weekends fight with tony f. And Justin g. Has all the potential to be another instant classic as well. 

I bet Joanna's head is still looking like an alien's.

I think Ferguson is a bad matchup for Gaethje. Ferguson by Round 1 TKO.

Gaethje has a chin like no one else right now. That guy just takes a punch and keeps moving forward. I agree Ferguson wins. But it’s going to be a brawl as both fighters love to throw bombs and can take a hit. Problem for gaethje though is Ferguson is just such a technical striker he will land bigger blows during gathjes wild throws. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 8:28 PM, Lorddevn said:

Gaethje has a chin like no one else right now. That guy just takes a punch and keeps moving forward. I agree Ferguson wins. But it’s going to be a brawl as both fighters love to throw bombs and can take a hit. Problem for gaethje though is Ferguson is just such a technical striker he will land bigger blows during gathjes wild throws. 

Gaethje is tough as nails. I just think his willingness to keep moving forward is going to get him in trouble with a guy as relentless as Tony.

• Like 1

I’m starting to get excited. UFC back with a card for the ages. 

Took me awhile to get excited too. It's a really good card for sure. Plenty of great fights.

I normally don't like to make picks until after the ceremonial weigh-ins, to get a feel for their mindset, but here goes ...

Ferguson
Cejudo
Ngannou
Kattar
de Castro
Pettis
Werdum
Waterson
Souza

• Like 1

Ferguson

cruz (We often forget the volume and stamina this guy has because he only fights every 3 years)

ngannou

kattar

De castro

pettis (cowboy needs to take a page out of stipes book and take a year off to recover from the hits he’s taken)

Oleinik   

karate hottie waterson 

uriah hall

and one of my favorites. Smilin Sam Alvey 

Dom's one of my favorite mixed martial artists. I'd love to see him get the belt back. (just to vacate it lol)

I just think Cejudo is too fast and puts it all together too well.

If it weren’t for Cruz being laid off for so long I’d pick him in a heartbeat but it’s hard to see it at his age coming off a 3 year inactive spell 

Souza got the rona so hall wins. 1 for 1

white showing favoritism again by trying to force stipe to fight cormier despite the fact that he’s a firefighter and unable to train. Again showing how he doesn’t like a non crap talking good boy as champion. 

I think Cruz can win because his body is well rested. He is much faster than Cejudo and can throw more volume for 5.  My bet is this goes to decision. 49-46 Cruz. 

• Like 1

Alright, now I'm starting to get real pumped for these fights. Hopefully they don't shut it down tomorrow morning after the Souza positive test.

5 hours til prelims kick off and still not cancelled. Here. we. go.  

• Like 2

One positive to not having fans in attendance is you don't have drunk idiots booing every 5 seconds if the fight isn't an all out brawl. 

• Like 1

Haha. Yes those 2 fights were a great start to the card. And Rosa is a bad dude to not tap to that. What a grappling clinic

• Like 1

Dana must have said everyone gets a bonus if they go for it. 

So far Dana has to love this 

• Like 1

Gaaad dammmm

Niko will be eating that left hook for breakfast tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Gaaad dammmm

Niko will be eating that left hook for breakfast tomorrow.

What a Fing fight 

Thought he had it 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Anyone have a link?

hey id take a link too.....

Caught up. Every fight is has been a great fight. Except the waterson fight which wasn’t bad but compared to the rest 

1 minute ago, Lorddevn said:

Caught up. Every fight is has been a great fight. Except the waterson fight which wasn’t bad but compared to the rest 

Agreed. It's disappointing for Waterson because she has more ability than she shows. Too hesitant to going.