MMA

Lorddevn

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Yeah, I get it. But Cruz was still working. Starting to get to his feet Just let it play out a little further. There should be no guess work.

As the ref is on his way. 

And I won't disagree with him getting up

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

As the ref is on his way. 

Right, mistakenly

Gathje fighting very conservative and looking very good. 

There's the difference between a good stoppage and bad stoppage. 

Yea. Never seen tony in a battle like that. Work on your take down defense gathje because lay and pray is coming. 

Wasn't expecting Tony to get thoroughly dominanted (understatement) like that. Dude could've been put to sleep at least a dozen times.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lorddevn said:

Yea. Never seen tony in a battle like that. Work on your take down defense gathje because lay and pray is coming. 

Hes an excellent wrestler so lets see.

I wanna see Tony v Conner now.

6 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Hes an excellent wrestler so lets see.

I wanna see Tony v Conner now.

Could honestly see tony v Conner next and winner fights winner of khabib and gaethje. Either way that was a hell Of a fight and those 2 fights would be great as well. 

Love the idea of Conor vs. Tony.

It would be cool on the same card as Khabib/Gaethje, but there's no way that happens.

Gaethje is such a bada**. He was so impressive last night. 

11 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Love the idea of Conor vs. Tony.

It would be cool on the same card as Khabib/Gaethje, but there's no way that happens.

They’ll save Connor v tony (if it happens) for their own card as the main event without a title fight on the card. It’ll be interesting to see what Dana does with Connor because he doesn’t want to waste Connor on a fight with no fans due to ticket sale waste but he could move a lot of ppvs with him and if the no fans goes on for as long as some predictions you can’t waste those either. 

4 hours ago, Lorddevn said:

They’ll save Connor v tony (if it happens) for their own card as the main event without a title fight on the card. It’ll be interesting to see what Dana does with Connor because he doesn’t want to waste Connor on a fight with no fans due to ticket sale waste but he could move a lot of ppvs with him and if the no fans goes on for as long as some predictions you can’t waste those either. 

Conor is in an interesting spot. I think he's beyond his prime and content with the money he's made, but he's obviously still a massive draw. They essentially fed Cerrone to him back in January because they knew Cerrone was still a "name" but over the hill and it was a safe fight for Conor. Out of respect for Cerrone, I don't want to call him a "soup-can" but that's essentially what he was for McGregor. An easy win that keeps him in the spotlight and conversation. 

Khabib looked so dominant against Conor and if they do that rematch any time soon, I can't see a different result coming. I think Ferguson is the perfect fight for Conor, because he's catching Tony on a decline, yet he's still a big name for Conor to go against. It'd essentially be a better Cerrone matchup for him. 

The fight that I'd really want to see down the line is Gaethje/McGregor. Stylistically that fight would be fireworks with both guys being excellent strikers. That's a much better matchup for McGregor over Khabib. The unknown with Gaethje is his ground-game though. He was an all-American wrestler in college, yet hasn't even tried for a takedown in his UFC career. 

My dream scenario is Gaethje beats Khabib, Conor beats Ferguson, and then they do Conor/Gaethje after that. 

• Like 2

when Gathje threw the belt to the side and said "I want the real one".....SAVAGE!!!!!

Smith needs to can his corner after letting that go on way longer than it should. That was criminal. 

• Like 1

Agreed. I bet Cruz was watching that fight wishing he had that ref in his fight. Thought for sure they would have called it in the third. 

At some point though the corner had to protect their fighter from themselves. He wasn’t going to give up on his own accord but he knew he was done  

• Like 1

No his gym said he has been having trouble with veneers so that’s totally what he was talking about 

Poor guy was handing the ref his teeth as Glover was throwing bombs on the ground and pound :roll: 

Following the Smith-Toxeira fight:

Hopefully, Herzog doesn't overthink it going forward. 

• Like 1

Agreed while I think it could have been stopped earlier I respect that he gave smith a chance. I put more blame on his corner for not seeing he was asking them to stop it. 

Agreed. Didn't necessarily disagree with the decision to not stop the fight. Teixeira kind of awkwardly wasn't able to finish the fight. He made it 5x worse for Smith by prolonging it. His corner probably should have stepped in, but that's also not an easy decision either. Sometimes fighting is fighting.