MMA

Lorddevn

• 2 weeks later...

Philly's own Sean Brady is now 13-0, 3-0 in the UFC and won Performance of the Night during Saturday's ESPN card.

He trains/coaches out of my gym and is a great, hardworking dude.

Super stoked to see him climb the ranks of the Welterweight division. He's now in the Top 20.

• 3 weeks later...

The UFC wouldn't do it because it would derail one of two exciting hype trains, and Covington wouldn't do it because it doesn't make sense for him, but a Covington vs Chimaev fight would be really interesting.

Woodley should probably thinking about retiring. He doesn't want to be in the octagon anymore. Backing up against the fence and hoping for the best isn't a strategy. Cerrone should consider the same. He's had enough of punishment.

I like Adesanya over Costa, but that should be a great fight. Reyes over Blachowicz as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who's everyone got tomorrow?  Would love to see Gaethje do it, but Khabib's grappling is on a whole other level.  If Gaethje can use his wrestling to stay off the ground, he should win - that's easier said than done.

Don't forget - fight starts at 2pm tomorrow

Gaethje needs to say in the center of the octagon. Khabib is a great grappler, but against the fence is where he really dominates. He hasn't had the same dominance in the middle of the octagon. 

Gaethje is capable of getting the win, but if I'm betting, I would take Khabib. Super excited for this fight.

Khabib BARELY made weight. Need to be naked behind a towel and people are saying that the scale wasn't level when he stepped on it. 

I think that was probably Khabib's most impressive performance. Gaethje was swarmed from the opening bell.

• 2 weeks later...

From Dana White's Contender Series on Wednesday. I think I've watched this almost 100 times since. The guy who gets knocked out prooobably isn't ready for UFC quality opponents. Props to Ignacio Bahamondes for the sweet Anderson Silva-esque KO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

McGregor vs Poirier 2 announced for UFC 257 in January. Dana says he's hoping for fans in the Etihad Arena near Fight Island. Not sure who I think wins this fight tbh. I don't think Dustin can out-strike Conor. He'll have to mix in some grappling too, so I lean McGregor to win. Both fighters have improved a lot since they fought in like 2014.

• 2 weeks later...