Wentz still throwing high...

Portyansky

Deliberate attempt to confuse opposing defensive coordinators!!!! Come the season, he will be more on target.

40 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Let's see how he does with Reagor, who isn't very tall.

Has a hell of a leap though. 

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

How did he do with Jackson, who isn't very tall?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

That was one of the clips I saw from yesterday. Was on a slant route down the middle Reagor had the D beat. Same with the one handed catch by Goedert. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

How did he do with Jackson, who isn't very tall?

Hoping for a couple of 50 yard TD's a game isn't a sustainable long term winning strategy, they need to be able to pick up quick slants when the line is having a bad day, sailed short passes were a problem all last year.

• Like 1

Actually shocked a decent number of folks in the thread acknowledged Wentz's issues with throwing high. I'm sure the "you don't know football" reinforcements are coming, though.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Actually shocked a decent number of folks in the thread acknowledged Wentz's issues with throwing high. I'm sure the "you don't know football" reinforcements are coming, though.

He's had this problem since he was a rookie. Every QB has at least one bad tendency. Nothing new with him throwing high, he's going into year 5 it's a bad part of his game at this point. 

44 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I don't think the biggest Wentz homer would even disagree. And I'm very close to being that homer. Personally i think he sometimes throws too hard when he doesn't have to and releases too soon. But I'm just an armchair coach. 🤣

Eli Manning threw high as well. Look where that landed him. You can get away with it nowadays because the defenders can't lay out players much. 10+ years ago the slot wasn't nearly as productive as it is today because receivers were obliterated over the middle of the field. Not anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He's had this problem since he was a rookie. Every QB has at least one bad tendency. Nothing new with him throwing high, he's going into year 5 it's a bad part of his game at this point. 

Id ask what Tom Bradys bad tendency is but im sure the answer is, Cheating!😒

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Exactly!! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Not securing the ball in the 4th quarter of SB 52. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I don't think the biggest Wentz homer would even disagree. And I'm very close to being that homer. Personally i think he sometimes throws too hard when he doesn't have to and releases too soon. But I'm just an armchair coach. 🤣

No you're right.  As a backyard and street football legend like myself, I've had this issue from time to time😉 You're spot on.

• Haha 2

He has too much power in his arm. Someone needs to cancel bicep curls for september

10 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Hoping for a couple of 50 yard TD's a game isn't a sustainable long term winning strategy, they need to be able to pick up quick slants when the line is having a bad day, sailed short passes were a problem all last year.

Jackson didn't just catch 2 passes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLySm1B_IjY

He needs to plant his feet. It's always his feet and that should no longer be an issue for him. Wentz... he makes me wonder sometimes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

It's just a fact he struggles with that. Problem is, he has had enough time to correct it, but keeps doing it. THAT's when it becomes an issue. C'mon Wentz, get your shi* together!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Weird post.  Today's NFL is won entirely by offenses that can execute chunk plays, aka a deep ball.  If you can't execute those, there is no spacing, and you have the exact slow moving, 15 play drives that the Eagles were forced into last season.  15 play drives are awesome when they work, but there are way too many opportunities for turnovers and penalties.  Those 50 yard bombs are exactly what were missing from this team all year after Desean was hurt.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hputenis said:

Weird post.  Today's NFL is won entirely by offenses that can execute chunk plays, aka a deep ball.  If you can't execute those, there is no spacing, and you have the exact slow moving, 15 play drives that the Eagles were forced into last season.  15 play drives are awesome when they work, but there are way too many opportunities for turnovers and penalties.  Those 50 yard bombs are exactly what were missing from this team all year after Desean was hurt.  

OK so first up, I didn't say we shouldn't attempt long passes, I said basing your entire offense on getting two long touchdowns (one of which is a blown coverage) isn't a sustainable winning strategy, why don't you go back and watch last season, watch how many drives stalled because Wentz sailed a three yard swing pass or quick slant 3 feet above the receivers head, it's an issue for the team.

By the bye the top two teams in terms of passing TD's last year were the Saint's and the Ravens, and they both had less than ten 40yard plus plays as did the 49ers (we had 6).