Wentz still throwing high...

Portyansky

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

His arm gets too far away from his body.  That’s also why he’s a fumble risk.  And as McNabb would get on his toes and be too high in his stance causing the balk to go low.  Wentz is the opposite.  He squats and sometimes the ball sails on hIm.  

He has a tendency to get flat footed as well. He still has habits he needs to break away from. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He has a tendency to get flat footed as well. He still has habits he needs to break away from. 

He's had struggles with his footwork since his rookie year and everything flows from footwork. 

On 8/18/2020 at 11:16 AM, Utebird said:

Id ask what Tom Bradys bad tendency is but im sure the answer is, Cheating!😒

No actually he's been quite good at that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

He has too much power in his arm. Someone needs to cancel bicep curls for september

More push ups.

• Haha 1

If I am his WR, you hang me out to dry like that once in a game or less and we are cool... the second time it happens I am really thinking about whether I need to go up and get it. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

He's had struggles with his footwork since his rookie year and everything flows from footwork. 

Absolutely, his bad habits show up the most when his recievers aren't getting open 

22 hours ago, hputenis said:

Weird post.  Today's NFL is won entirely by offenses that can execute chunk plays, aka a deep ball.  

Weird post.

I've always thought if you could stop NE's short to medium passing game you had a good chance of beating them, unfortunately DC's never figured that out.  

Think about it, how many deep threats has NE had during Brady's tenure?

5 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

If I am his WR, you hang me out to dry like that once in a game or less and we are cool... the second time it happens I am really thinking about whether I need to go up and get it. 

Right, getting laid out due to an inaccurate throw will ruin your concentration.

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Weird post.

I've always thought if you could stop NE's short to medium passing game you had a good chance of beating them, unfortunately DC's never figured that out.  

Way to use the exception, not the rule as an example.  You just used the best QB of all time with the best coach of all time and the best dynasty of all time.  Try again.  

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

Way to use the exception, not the rule as an example.  You just used the best QB of all time with the best coach of all time and the best dynasty of all time.  Try again.  

Sorry, it was the dogmatic "Today's NFL is won entirely by offenses that can execute chunk plays".

Bottom line, there's more than one way to skin a cat, aka, win in the NFL.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Dorsett, Hogan, Patterson, Cooks, Mitchell, Thompkins, Stallworth, Branch, Tate, Moss, Patten

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Dorsett, Hogan, Patterson, Cooks, Mitchell, Thompkins, Stallworth, Branch, Tate, Moss, Patten

Don't forget Gordon. They may not have all worked out but, they sure as hell went have guys with deep speed

12 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

OK so first up, I didn't say we shouldn't attempt long passes, I said basing your entire offense on getting two long touchdowns (one of which is a blown coverage) isn't a sustainable winning strategy, why don't you go back and watch last season, watch how many drives stalled because Wentz sailed a three yard swing pass or quick slant 3 feet above the receivers head, it's an issue for the team.

By the bye the top two teams in terms of passing TD's last year were the Saint's and the Ravens, and they both had less than ten 40yard plus plays as did the 49ers (we had 6).

Maybe you didn't see my other reply. Jackson caught 8 passes in that game (9 targets) --- not just 2. So your reply to my post would have been meaningful if it wasn't for those other 6 catches he had that weren't deep. We were responding to Reagor being shorter than ideal and how would that pair with Wentz' occasional high throw. I used Jackson as an example and you ignored his other 6 receptions (from that game) to attempt to make your point relevant. 

I'm not going to say Wentz doesn't sail a pass here and there, but the number of drives that stalled because of an overthrow are not as high a number as you'd like us all to believe. Reagor's height will not make the "problem" worse. On a positive note, Reagor actually has a great vertical jump and is excellent at tracking throws and timing his jumps. He was one of the leaders in college catching contested passes. While it would be great if he had all his traits and was taller too, he's actually the kind of WR that does well adjusting to poorly thrown balls (he had a lot of experience with that in college with his team's QB play). 

38 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Sorry, it was the dogmatic "Today's NFL is won entirely by offenses that can execute chunk plays".

Bottom line, there's more than one way to skin a cat, aka, win in the NFL.

Fair enough.............as much as it pains me to say it I could have worded that differently.  

My original point to the previous poster had to do with implementing an offense that is catered to Carson Wentz, which is to mirror what the Chiefs do.  They are loaded with deep threats, a QB with an absolute cannon, and their spacing on the field makes them impossible to defend.  Hardman and Hill have to be respected by the safeties, which leads to Kelce and "insert pass catching RB here" running wide open underneath.  Even if the Eagles aren't completing 50 yard bombs, as long as the threat is there (which it wasn't at all last year outside of week 1), this offense will be lethal.  

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 11:16 AM, Utebird said:

Id ask what Tom Bradys bad tendency is  

He spends too much time feeling his balls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/18/2020 at 2:46 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Someone needs to cancel bicep curls for september

There's a culture for that. Did you try doxing him? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

A different perspective - A WR gets paid millions of dollars to get absolutely blown up on every single play of his career without complaint if that's what it takes. That's called doing his job. Can't handle that job? Do something else that's less scary.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

A different perspective - A WR gets paid millions of dollars to get absolutely blown up on every single play of his career without complaint if that's what it takes. That's called doing his job. Can't handle that job? Do something else that's less scary.

I 100% agree. You either help the team or you don't. If you aren't willing to put yourself out there and potentially get hurt then football probably isn't the sport for you.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

I agree to a point, but a QB is the highest paid player on the team who's job it is to pass a ball accurately to his receivers, if he can't do that consistently because of a fixable mechanics issue, then it ain't the receiver that needs to find a new job.

10 hours ago, brkmsn said:

There's a culture for that. Did you try doxing him? 

I know some of those words

13 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I agree to a point, but a QB is the highest paid player on the team who's job it is to pass a ball accurately to his receivers, if he can't do that consistently because of a fixable mechanics issue, then it ain't the receiver that needs to find a new job.

I agree. I wasn't suggesting the QB is exempt from doing his job either. On time and on target with every throw in his career. That's called doing his job.

On 8/18/2020 at 1:11 PM, nipples said:

Not securing the ball in the 4th quarter of SB 52. 

I was quite fond of that tendency if I must say

4 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I wasn't suggesting the QB is exempt from doing his job either.

On time and on target with every throw in his career. That's called doing his job.

Unlike some other  " greatest QB we've ever had!! "  I could mention . . .

48 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

We have big bodies. We need to play above the rim with these wide recievers and tight ends. We can put 3 guys in the red-zone 6'4'' or bigger....

Also Eagles fans ... WeNtZ iS tHrOwInG iT tOo HiGh 

End zone vs middle of the field are 2 different things. Especially when the receiver is wide open. There are times to throw high and times its best to hit your receiver in stride so they can protect themselves and the ball. I'm sure Ertz's ribs would agree. Take off your homer goggles. Trust me I know its hard. 

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

It was a joke and this board makes it seem like every throw is high, or every throw had a window in the receivers chest and he decided to throw it high. 

Imo him throwing high is something that can be fixed or at the very least limited.