Dillard out for season with torn bicep

Portyansky

Just now, time2rock said:

Addition by subtraction?

That is unless they decide to start Mailata over JP. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

In some ways this could be an upgrade, because Peters is better at LT than Guard, and Pryor seems more than adequate to play Guard. Peters right now is still better than Dillard and Pryor at Guard pretty much equals Dillard. The only way they could screw this up would be to keep Peters at Guard. 

I tend to agree. I don’t see a better option for LT right now. 

Eagles- major injuries to major players- every year. It's nothing short of a dark curse. 🔥

I'm hoping that Howie tries to trade for some solid depth.  We probably won't get a starting caliber OL in a trade, but we could possibly find a good quality depth player that could start, if needed.  With Brooks and Dillard already out without even getting to the regular season, we need more insurance to protect Wentz. We don't know what Driscoll is yet and even Pryor is a little bit of an unknown over a longer stretch of time. Mailata still looks like a project.

This team and injuries.  WTH!  The season hasn't even started.  Why can't our guys stay healthy year after year?

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I highly doubt that will be the case now.  Maybe a spot start but for the full season?  Only a matter of time now they announce JP back to LT and a competition (likely with Pryor in the lead initially) for the starting spot at RG.  

3 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I would like to remind you that JP has not played a full game in some time..and he is one year older. 

You mean since the playoff loss to Seattle where he played every offensive snap or the 4 previous games where he played all but 3 snaps? Nobody on the Eagles has played a full game since then and they are all a year older!!!

25 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I highly doubt that will be the case now.  Maybe a spot start but for the full season?  Only a matter of time now they announce JP back to LT and a competition (likely with Pryor in the lead initially) for the starting spot at RG.  

To me it seems like a no-brainer to put JP back. JP is a pro and it’s not going to take him much time to get to where he needs to be, but it could take some time with Pryor. Still they BETTER put JP back at tackle. 

JP gotta be pissed he already signed. Could have got a few more million from the birds now. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mailata can't play.  Wentz would get knocked out of the line up quickly.  Over/under on that would be 2-3 games

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm hoping that Howie tries to trade for some solid depth.  We probably won't get a starting caliber OL in a trade, but we could possibly find a good quality depth player that could start, if needed.  With Brooks and Dillard already out without even getting to the regular season, we need more insurance to protect Wentz. We don't know what Driscoll is yet and even Pryor is a little bit of an unknown over a longer stretch of time. Mailata still looks like a project.

You can trade for interior Olinemen.  Our next best LT now is Sem.  If Peters goes down, I'd move Sem there and plug in a vet LG to be acquired.

3 minutes ago, weko said:

Mailata can't play.  Wentz would get knocked out of the line up quickly.  Over/under on that would be 2-3 games

Sometimes the time like to be stubborn and you know this. I hope this isn’t the case here.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I hope Jordan is ready to at least step into the #2 spot. 

50 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm hoping that Howie tries to trade for some solid depth.  We probably won't get a starting caliber OL in a trade, but we could possibly find a good quality depth player that could start, if needed. 

I think any of the guys who will be available this late will either be not any better than what we have or too expensive.

I don't think things are that bad. Obviously if you are of the opinion that Mailata can't play, then you are going to feel differently. But to me, he has been just as good as Vaitai in the preseason games he's been in, so I am not worried about him. He's played against Josh Allen and Matt Judon, who both made the pro bowl last year, so it's not like he has never seen a quality defensive lineman in a game situation.

Herbig and Opeta are probably in the same ballpark as Pryor, so it gives us some depth there, and Pryor can move to tackle if we need him. Plus, Driscoll and Tega might be ready to step in after a month or so. Driscoll has gotten some favorable reviews, so I think with a little bit of time he might be ready.

You have to remember that these guys are facing Brandon Graham, Malik Jackson and Fletcher Cox every day in practice. I have a feeling that games will actually be easier for them most of the time.

4 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

This sucks. 

Why so?

Dillard was unproven and for a 1st round pick I wasn't impressed in the least.

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

I think any of the guys who will be available this late will either be not any better than what we have or too expensive.

I don't think things are that bad. Obviously if you are of the opinion that Mailata can't play, then you are going to feel differently. But to me, he has been just as good as Vaitai in the preseason games he's been in, so I am not worried about him. He's played against Josh Allen and Matt Judon, who both made the pro bowl last year, so it's not like he has never seen a quality defensive lineman in a game situation.

Herbig and Opeta are probably in the same ballpark as Pryor, so it gives us some depth there, and Pryor can move to tackle if we need him. Plus, Driscoll and Tega might be ready to step in after a month or so. Driscoll has gotten some favorable reviews, so I think with a little bit of time he might be ready.

You have to remember that these guys are facing Brandon Graham, Malik Jackson and Fletcher Cox every day in practice. I have a feeling that games will actually be easier for them most of the time.

The problem is that we will probably lose another couple of them for at least a few games when the season starts and there is actually constant physical play, so at that point we would be on fumes.  Wentz can't afford another injury. The Eagles need to go OL heavy now on the roster. It might mean going less on WR, RB or somewhere else.  It would suck to go less on WR because it looks like we finally have some young talent that could develop, but with these OL injuries...maybe we go 5 WR, instead of 6.  But, we definitely need to go OL heavy now.  Herbig and Pryor show promise at times, but we really don't know what we have in them over the long haul.  And, we know that Peters, at his age, is constantly getting nicked up.

1 hour ago, Sturm said:

Eagles sold their soul for that Ring, wonder how many years we will have this problem.

My personal promise to the devil was to accept 15 losing seasons in a row for that ring. So.............. ya. 

4 hours ago, Madriver said:

F!

What?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Driscoll baby!  Seriously that guy is going to play and contribute this year.

But hey, whatever, Peters was probably going to be the LT eventually anyways, Dillard was going to get trucked week one by Chase Young.  Howie just needs to go find a vet depth guy and that isn't too hard to find.  I actually like Pryor, dude's a mauler and flanked by Johnson and Kelce he will be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, What The F said:

My personal promise to the devil was to accept 15 losing seasons in a row for that ring. So.............. ya. 

What?

Another year another key injury, that's what.