Dillard out for season with torn bicep

Portyansky

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

Dr. David Chao, a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who previously worked in the NFL for more than 17 years, believes there is a really good chance Dillard will be able to play later in the season.  

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/08/eagles-andre-dillard-injury-recovery-timeline/

The degree of physical and mental toughness that takes is probably well beyond Dillard's capabilities.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2020 at 6:28 AM, DBW said:

He was playing through a shoulder injury and tore his bicep.....for anyone that doesn’t know anatomy thats probably related.  

His shoulder? Uh oh ... that's pretty close to being a concussion!!!11!

On 8/29/2020 at 6:28 AM, DBW said:

Didn’t we fire all the medical staff again?  This shouldn’t be happening time after time.  

Seriously? Who knew people would get hurt doing football?

I actually find it pretty funny that there are still people out there that believe (medical) staff changes would produce different results. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

His shoulder? Uh oh ... that's pretty close to being a concussion!!!11!

Seriously? Who knew people would get hurt doing football?

I actually find it pretty funny that there are still people out there that believe staff changes would produce different results. 

😆 arm bone connected to the neck bone, which is connected to the head bone.  
but seriously he was just coming back from a shoulder injury.  Look it up.  

24 minutes ago, DBW said:

😆 arm bone connected to the neck bone, which is connected to the head bone.  
but seriously he was just coming back from a shoulder injury.  Look it up.  

You're saying that the two injuries are obviously related due to their proximity. We don't even know which shoulder he "strained." We certainly have no proof the two injuries are related in any way. What we do know is that a Biceps tear can occur at the shoulder or the elbow. The report posted earlier says it "appears to be on the distal biceps, the tendon at the elbow." When you combine that with not knowing which shoulder was strained previously, it seems very unlikely the two injuries are related in any way. He had already returned from the shoulder strain. 

36 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You're saying that the two injuries are obviously related due to their proximity. We don't even know which shoulder he "strained." We certainly have no proof the two injuries are related in any way. What we do know is that a Biceps tear can occur at the shoulder or the elbow. The report posted earlier says it "appears to be on the distal biceps, the tendon at the elbow." When you combine that with not knowing which shoulder was strained previously, it seems very unlikely the two injuries are related in any way. He had already returned from the shoulder strain. 

I mean yeah I’m speculating, and stirring the pot a little I’ll admit.  We don’t know for sure obviously. But it’s a little too coincidental and I’ve seen it happen to people personally where they’ve been coming back from rotator cuff injuries and tear the biceps.  Usually it’s up at the shoulder though.  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Doug looks like he is calling Jason's bluff and making him stay at right guard. I love the balls, but I worry about Wentz's blind side. Wentz is already hurt, so heeeerrrreeee weeeee gooooo. If key Eagles continue to get hurt and the product on the field sucks, I am going to have to take up some kind of winter activity and get out there and have fun. I am not watching garbage and ripping my hair out again this year due to a team that is wiped out by injuries. Somebody remove the damn curse!!!

6 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Doug looks like he is calling Jason's bluff and making him stay at right guard. I love the balls, but I worry about Wentz's blind side. Wentz is already hurt, so heeeerrrreeee weeeee gooooo. If key Eagles continue to get hurt and the product on the field sucks, I am going to have to take up some kind of winter activity and get out there and have fun. I am not watching garbage and ripping my hair out again this year due to a team that is wiped out by injuries. Somebody remove the damn curse!!!

Peters will sit tight on this one and let Doug call his bluff. If Doug wants to get Wentz killed then he'll keep Peters at RG.

Dillard to IR - another PAC-12 marshmallow softee. 

JP staying at RG - saving that $. 

A turnstile at LT - lookout Wentz!

Can't re-sign Ertz - gotta trade him. Need the value in return.

Half a dozen others banged up pre-week 1...same old, same old.

19 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Dillard to IR - another PAC-12 marshmallow softee.

I really wish the Eagles would stay away from drafting them.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, seengreen said:

I really wish the Eagles would stay away from drafting them.

Me too. It's not that 100% of the players out there are soft, it's just that such a high % are, that the Eagles should stay away all together.

It's simple:

Everything on the left side in Brown is the NO DRAFT ZONE.

GMTY-USPHYS-2.jpg

On 9/4/2020 at 4:40 PM, PoconoDon said:

Can't re-sign Ertz - gotta trade him. Need the value in return.

Wait what...

18 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Wait what...

They are reportedly having great difficulty re-signing Ertz. They have a choice to make. Trading him in the next off season seems like a good choice if they can't get a deal done.