Birds are going to get upset by Washington

JP HOF

I think we will need to max protect and use Goedert quite a bit as he's our best blocking TE. Ertz might not be very motivated to block after Howie lowballed him and Goedert is a better blocker. Max protect and hope our running game and WRs win battles.  We should win this game, but if Doug doesn't make adjustments if the OL struggles, then anything is possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I could see it happening. I think Eagles start off the season slow and sluggish

same as it ever was

• Like 1

Washedup 15

Birds 17

Defenses come to play, offenses struggle mightily. Wentz probably knocked out of the game.

Rivera is a good coach but we know him and did pretty well against him in Carolina. Close game.

This whole season is going to be weird so anything could happen.  Especially with the lack of practices and preseason games.

Regardless, the Eagles are the better team so they should win.

At least we can put Slay on McLaurin and shut him down. Last year he torched us, The Oline is concerning but I don’t think the Skins will have an answer for Sanders and DJax. 

• Like 2

Hate to say it but... Yeah I think we are going to lose that opener. Washington are a horror show but I think at certain positions they'll win the battle and that'll help them win the game. 

• Sad 1

This will be a crappy game to watch. Haskins with no running game vs. Matt Pryor facing Ryan Kerrigan and Co.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

We will be up huge at the half, and Sudfeld will get some 4th quarter time.

I like your confidence but I don't see it. Sudfeld will be in the game but it won't be because we are up huge. 

We'll have to start by keeping a TE in to block on the left side AND a RB to chip/pick up.  Need to protect Carson early and often.

On 9/3/2020 at 1:58 PM, CaliEagle said:

I think we will need to max protect and use Goedert quite a bit as he's our best blocking TE. Ertz might not be very motivated to block after Howie lowballed him and Goedert is a better blocker. Max protect and hope our running game and WRs win battles.  We should win this game, but if Doug doesn't make adjustments if the OL struggles, then anything is possible.

Agreed.  Max protect. Pick our spots on O carefully

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like your confidence but I don't see it. Sudfeld will be in the game but it won't be because we are up huge. 

This will be the concern until the Eagles prove it isn't.

On 9/4/2020 at 5:03 AM, Road to Victory said:

At least we can put Slay on McLaurin and shut him down. Last year he torched us, The Oline is concerning but I don’t think the Skins will have an answer for Sanders and DJax. 

This is big. Slay should make a big difference on D and DJax, Sanders and the TEs should be plenty enough for Wentz to put up 24 plus which should be enough.

• Like 1

It's fun watching pessimists set themselves up for "disappointment."

Early games are always "iffy." You never know just how ready to go each phase of the team will be. Divisional games are usually closer than they should be. This year we have a huge unknown with the covid rules and no fans. The refs didn't get any preseason work. So it's reasonable to expect a lot of "ugly." The thing is, I expect it from all the teams in every game (the first couple of weeks). I expect mistakes from the refs, the Eagles, and the washington football teams (lol). At this point, it's pretty stupid to expect a team that was so bad last year, their coach was fired during the season to beat a team that is the defending division champ.

So if you have to bet against your favorite team to justify your own weak, pessimistic nature, then prepare to lose some money and face. It's really pitiful to watch --- so maybe keep that to yourself ... even at the risk of losing an extrememly unlikely "I told you so."

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They could, wouldn’t be a big upset. But F off Troll. 

ah I'm a troll for thinking Wash will win.  good one, genius.