Birds are going to get upset by Washington

JP HOF

28 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Easy to see this one coming down Broad St.

New coach, good coach, new spirit.

and Haskins is waaaaay better than advertised.

Coming down Broad street? 

You do know the game is in Washington right? 

Also the Linc is not on Broad street. guess ur not from around the Philly area 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Coming down Broad street? 

You do know the game is in Washington right? 

Also the Linc is not on Broad street. guess ur not from around the Philly area 

like a float on Broad St., sheesh.

2 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

like a float on Broad St., sheesh.

Well I guess this post is just like all your others........................useless

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

you sorta missed the point.  Ever hear the phrase, I saw that one coming down 5th avenue, referring to a float in Macy's parade?   I substituted Broad street and you got stuck there, not addressing anything I said about the game.

9 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

no they won't, are you kidding?

Get 3 being home team, and we have potentially 5 starters out week 1.  Currently the Eagles are -5.5  I could see it dropping to -3.5.. Thats almost a push. 

Where is @paco for this kind of trash. I know he has his @ turned off but I know he is hovering around here somewhere. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Where is @paco for this kind of trash. I know he has his @ turned off but I know he is hovering around here somewhere. 

I've been working.  :lol: 

We should win, but I'm not confident.

We are down to 3/5's of our oline.  Their D Line has the ability to be nasty.  If Chase Young is as advertised....

We already have a ton of injuries.  

At WR we have Desean and a ton of ?'s.  The abbreviated TC will make that even worse.

LB is garbage.  Not convinced that we improved greatly at secondary

But....

Unless he takes a huge leap, Haskins shouldn't scare anyone.

Speaking of, outside Scary Terry, their WR's are trash.

Their TE's are trash.  Their RBs are trash

Their Oline is healthy, and probably on par with ours right now, so we should get pressure.

I'm not going to let my hate for all things R-words cloud my judgement.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, paco said:

I've been working.  :lol: 

We should win, but I'm not confident.

We are down to 3/5's of our oline.  Their D Line has the ability to be nasty.  If Chase Young is as advertised....

We already have a ton of injuries.  

At WR we have Desean and a ton of ?'s.  The abbreviated TC will make that even worse.

LB is garbage.  Not convinced that we improved greatly at secondary

But....

Unless he takes a huge leap, Haskins shouldn't scare anyone.

Speaking of, outside Scary Terry, their WR's are trash.

Their TE's are trash.  Their RBs are trash

Their Oline is healthy, and probably on par with ours right now, so we should get pressure.

I'm not going to let my hate for all things R-words cloud my judgement.  

Fair enough!!

Redskins are going to be this year's version of '19 SF and '18 Jax.  That Dline is going to wreck everything in their wake and they will start with a 7 sack crushing of Carson Wentz.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Redskins are going to be this year's version of '19 SF and '18 Jax.  That Dline is going to wreck everything in their wake and they will start with a 7 sack crushing of Carson Wentz.

Have you tempered your position of them having a strong running game this year?

If Doug starts Pryor at LT against Chase Young, then we very well could lose this game. If we lose the battle up front, then yeah it could happen.   It might be like Winston Justice vs. Osi.  If Doug and Howie put Wentz at risk like that, then Lurie needs to hold them accountable.

43 minutes ago, paco said:

Have you tempered your position of them having a strong running game this year?

I think they will have an average running game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

If Doug starts Pryor at LT against Chase Young, then we very well could lose this game. If we lose the battle up front, then yeah it could happen.   It might be like Winston Justice vs. Osi.  If Doug and Howie put Wentz at risk like that, then Lurie needs to hold them accountable.

Chase Young is not the problem.  The problem is adding Chase Young on a DLIne that already has Allen/Payne/Ionnadis/Sweat/Kerrigan.  Allen Payne and Sweat could have huge jumps as they enter their primes.

5 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Chase Young is not the problem.  The problem is adding Chase Young on a DLIne that already has Allen/Payne/Ionnadis/Sweat/Kerrigan.  Allen Payne and Sweat could have huge jumps as they enter their primes.

No question. But, Pryor won't be able to handle Chase Young. So, add that to the equation and it's really a recipe for disaster.  They need to get the adjustment done with Peters and slide him out to LT.  But, Peters probably won't hold up there healthwise over the long term .

I remember the season opener against the Redskins last year started off really sloppy and the Eagles had to make a come back from behind victory. The offense had no rhythm until DeSean Jackson caught those deep passes and scored 2 TDs. The Eagles scraped by 32-27 in that game. 

I don't think the team can afford to fall behind early this time around, since Washington is better than what they were last year, especially on the DL.

• Like 1

Djax will torch them again. Sanders will run wild. Hightower will have impressive stats. And our dline will have a min of 4 sacks. Statement game for us against a division rival which is always hard.