Issues that the board experienced on Week 1

VaBeach_Eagle

Early this morning I got an email from GoDaddy's troubleshooting team. They asked me to replicate the issue that caused the board to crash (the server crashes). Replicating Sunday isn't something that I want to do! lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Early this morning I got an email from GoDaddy's troubleshooting team. They asked me to replicate the issue that caused the board to crash (the server crashes). Replicating Sunday isn't something that I want to do! lol

I don't want to go back to Weds again!!

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I know, right? 🤔

• Like 1

So, the real test is coming up tomorrow. I REALLY hope the hosting package is powerful enough. 

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, the real test is coming up tomorrow. I REALLY hope the hosting package is powerful enough. 

Me too lol.

Should try to assign a PBP poster. I dont need to see "pass incomplete, 2nd and 10" posted by 11 people in a row.  Im sure thats not helping. 

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

On the only good note today, the board upgrade seemed to hold up well.

Yeah, I noticed just a couple of times where it loaded slightly slowly for me (maybe 5 to 10 seconds to load), and when that happened I went and looked at the server load and we were in the 80% to 85% range on the CPU. If we were operating on the hosting package that we were last week, we'd have crashed for sure. But on the other hand, we didn't reach the same level of online users as we did last week. So it's not a one to one comparison, but it's pretty close to it. I suspect that a divisional game will cause more traffic and we'll see what happens then. 

More old members are trying to log onto the old EMB and discovering that it's gone, and are finding us on Google, though. So that's a good thing.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I noticed just a couple of times where it loaded slightly slowly for me (maybe 5 to 10 seconds to load), and when that happened I went and looked at the server load and we were in the 80% to 85% range on the CPU. If we were operating on the hosting package that we were last week, we'd have crashed for sure. But on the other hand, we didn't reach the same level of online users as we did last week. So it's not a one to one comparison, but it's pretty close to it. I suspect that a divisional game will cause more traffic and we'll see what happens then. 

More old members are trying to log onto the old EMB and discovering that it's gone, and are finding us on Google, though. So that's a good thing.

Yeah, it looks like the membership count has spiked a bit.