Issues that the board experienced on Week 1

VaBeach_Eagle

Looks like I’ll have to start again. And it’s probably for the best the week 1 game thread is gone. My post about how I found the board still stands and hopefully that’s it. 

6 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Wait.  Wait.  Since our posts got erased from Weds til midday today, does that mean I lost my post count for them?

#postcountislife

:P

Seriously, though, did my post count get knocked back?

I assume so, everything kind of 'reset' to Wednesday. I'll bump the old (old for the new EMB) post count thread. Anyone that wants me to, I'll go in and add 200 posts to their post count.

2 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

Looks like I’ll have to start again. And it’s probably for the best the week 1 game thread is gone. My posy about how I found the board still stands and hopefully that’s it. 

If you want me to adjust your post count due to having re-register and lose all your previous posts, you can post in the following thread (linked below) or PM me. 

I have worked in IT for years, I wasn't here Sunday for all this that went down but I can tell you upgrading to 8 GB 4 core is the way to go if you are holding 600+ on a weekly basics. 4 GB 3 core is fine if you are loading in the 300s ish. Maybe give it a few more weeks to see it was week 1 of a season.

If you do upgrade maybe setup a fresh paypal account with a link or a way for members to fund for the upgrade for years to come. I would gladly throw a few bucks each month at it. I am not a big poster but been around long enough to see the value that all of us bring together. I spend a lot of hours reading each week. I enjoy what you do and brings a lot of joy to me.

• Like 6

Appreciate the hard work.  But I will say the board being down in the midst of one of the worst Eagles collapses just made yesterday THAT much worse.  Misery loves company.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info. Figured that's what was going on considering it was week 1 and their play probably caused many to rush to the boards to express their disgust. 

Thanks for doing all you do VA, long live the EMB. Pretty sure we're all willing to live with whatever growing pains we have over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I assume so, everything kind of 'reset' to Wednesday. I'll bump the old (old for the new EMB) post count thread. Anyone that wants me to, I'll go in and add 200 posts to their post count.

I was just joking.  After the Eagles ishing the bed and the Phillies dropping a DH to the Marlins I think we all needed some laughs and fun.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Wait.  Wait.  Since our posts got erased from Weds til midday today, does that mean I lost my post count for them?

#postcountislife

:P

Seriously, though, did my post count get knocked back?

do you want to borrow some of mine?

well tough crap you can't!!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sturm said:

I have worked in IT for years, I wasn't here Sunday for all this that went down but I can tell you upgrading to 8 GB 4 core is the way to go if you are holding 600+ on a weekly basics. 4 GB 3 core is fine if you are loading in the 300s ish. Maybe give it a few more weeks to see it was week 1 of a season.

If you do upgrade maybe setup a fresh paypal account with a link or a way for members to fund for the upgrade for years to come. I would gladly throw a few bucks each month at it. I am not a big poster but been around long enough to see the value that all of us bring together. I spend a lot of hours reading each week. I enjoy what you do and brings a lot of joy to me.

Yeah, I want to see how next week goes. Right after the game ended, the numbers started to drop off, and I noticed that GoDaddy seemed to have 'fixed' the problem of the firewall (if I'm remembering right, they said that the IP was pointed at the wrong DNS but so much was going on yesterday, both on the board and here at home that I honestly don't remember exactly what they said), and when they did we were still over 400 (guests and members combined) and the board had started to load instantly for me (the way it should).

Of course, the thing about that is, the board shows how many are online within the past 15 minutes, so not all of those 400+ may have actually still been on and actively clicking around. So the server load may have been even less than that at the time. Before the firewall issue was fixed, I wasn't able to see what CPU and RAM load was, it just showed me 0% the whole time. Now that we're upgraded though, those resources are 'dedicated' and not 'shared'.

So I'm hoping that this plan will be enough for us. I'd like to stretch out the boards funds for as many years as possible. Like I mentioned, the next level up is $1200/yr. but if we were to assume that even that wasn't enough, then we'd have to go with a VPS, and of course that's a lot more expensive (up to $1,920/yr for their highest package).

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So I'm hoping that this plan will be enough for us. I'd like to stretch out the boards funds for as many years as possible. Like I mentioned, the next level up is $1200/yr. but if we were to assume that even that wasn't enough, then we'd have to go with a VPS, and of course that's a lot more expensive (up to $1,920/yr for their highest package).

I used the affiliate link to buy a $10 cable on amazon the other day, so we should be good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, paco said:

I used the affiliate link to buy a $10 cable on amazon the other day, so we should be good.

Yep, that netted the board $3500. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yep, that netted the board $3500. 

Can you ban me? I can't handle the crap fest after a loss on here but, like a train wreck I can't look away lol

19 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Can you ban me? I can't handle the crap fest after a loss on here but, like a train wreck I can't look away lol

Ok, you're banned (Band)... on the run...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Ok, you're banned (Band)... on the run...

Damn you!!! Lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Damn you!!! Lol

I have no authority here but I would have to become a mod just to un-ban you lol. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I have no authority here but I would have to become a mod just to un-ban you lol. 

Let me free!!!

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The Best Of, "I'll Never Let Go!" - 18 Pics

Well then I have nothing left to say the eat sheet lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, paco said:

I just looked at our Adsense account, for the month of September (so far), we're at $11.40. Of that, $6.46 is just from yesterday and today (so far), and all of that is only from guests visiting the site. 

Definitely not enough to pay for upgrades and and fancy stuff like not crashing during football games, but if that keeps up, by the end of the season we should have a few hundred dollars to go toward board bills. 

• Like 1