Weekly line thread: Eagles -2 vs Rams

Hawkeye

The line's a little bouncy ranging from Eagles -1 to -2.5 (for the purposes of this thread I use the MGM line which is pretty mainstream but there are always alternative lines available). 

Eagles -2 
Total: 46

Not many predicted the Eagles losing to the Football Team and the Rams beating the Cowboys. 
Let's see how things move this week but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Birds getting a point at home when it's all said and done. 

I know you can't get carried away from one match up, but seeing this last night after our garbage game isn't instilling me with confidence. 

I think it depends on the injury list for the Eagles. I am hoping they kept guys like Sanders and Johnson out of the Washington game to get them healthy for the long run. We'll see.

Anyone who thinks the Rams arent going to steamroll the Birds, is a delusional fanboy.

Rams 34

Eagles 16

• Like 5

Why are the Rams getting points? I'd take the Rams and the Points and bet the house. 

No way the Birds win that game.

5 minutes ago, What The F said:

Anyone who thinks the Rams arent going to steamroll the Birds, is a delusional fanboy.

Rams 34

Eagles 16

The only thing I can come up with is that the Rams are flying out here after a big win, and the Eagles have their backs against the wall already. The match up on paper does not look good for us.

39 minutes ago, What The F said:

Rams 34

Eagles 16

Facts 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm confused... Do the bookies want to give me free money?

Aha! This is the point. Vegas NEVER gives away free money so there must be a catch...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm confused... Do the bookies want to give me free money?

Lines are usually soft in the first few weeks. Plus there's the question marks over the heads of Lane and Miles. If you have confidence that they'll miss the game, and your plan is to fade the Eagles, then there's a couple points at stake by getting in now rather than waiting. I personally prefer waiting at least until after practice on Thursday when key players like this are on the bubble.

Honestly.....that line give me a lot of confidence in the Eagles......huge letdown to a crap team, Rams coming cross country after beating the Cowboys on National TV........you have to look at who you're playing and WHEN.  We get back Sanders and Lane and all of the sudden....wham!  The Eagles win!  And in no way shape or form am I saying the Eagles are better than the Rams but what I am saying is.....this really does set up well for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'd almost just put Sudfeld in so he can get killed instead of Wentz

Eh. The sooner JH gets on the field the better.  Wentz isn’t here for the long term.  I say play wentz every play.  And let him pay the price for being a hayseed idiot from ND. 5 years and can’t slide holds the balk too long and takes awful hits.  

Eagles have the Rams number. We took them down to win the East in 2017 and beat them outright as 15 point underdogs with ol St. Nick. 

10 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Aha! This is the point. Vegas NEVER gives away free money so there must be a catch...

There is no catch here unless it is actually fixed. The Rams are a better team, they are going to win. Even if Lane and Sanders are good to go. 

That line is absurd following the weekend, if we have Herbig in at guard again against Aaron Donald we'll be lucky to score a Field Goal.  Wentz will likely be pissing cranberry juice after the game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Why are the Rams getting points? I'd take the Rams and the Points and bet the house. 

No way the Birds win that game.

And that is why they will win.  Not saying this team is any good, but to quote Admiral Ackbar: "It's a trap!"

• Like 1

Say what y'all want. Eagles straight up own the Rams. Won the last 6 games vs these jokers.

Eagles still trash but Rams do not like playing the Eagles.

• Like 1