Weekly line thread: Eagles -2 vs Rams

Hawkeye

20 hours ago, Godfather said:

If Lane doesn't play, stick a fork in em

Exactly. They need him more than any other player to have any chance at success.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There is no catch here unless it is actually fixed. The Rams are a better team, they are going to win. Even if Lane and Sanders are good to go. 

Vegas counts on "over-reaction Monday" to set and move the lines early in the season.  Are the Eagles as horrible as they appeared in the second half? Probably not. And the Rams needed a questionable offensive pass interference call to beat the Cowboys.

Vegas also knows the public loves to play the Eagles so they shade the line to draw early action on the Rams. That obviously worked as the line shifted 4 points yesterday (from Eagles -2.5 to Eagles +1.5). 

We'll see what the public does as the week rolls along but I like the Eagles getting points and the over. Bounce back week. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lane says he'll play. Now is he healthy or are they putting in a limping Lane?

I think it'll be a defensive battle

Wasn't Lane dinged up at the start of last season and put in a couple of absolute stinkers?   I mean it's hard to believe anything could be as bad as Sunday but he wasn't his anywhere near his usual self early last season.

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Vegas counts on "over-reaction Monday" to set and move the lines early in the season.  Are the Eagles as horrible as they appeared in the second half? Probably not. And the Rams needed a questionable offensive pass interference call to beat the Cowboys.

Vegas also knows the public loves to play the Eagles so they shade the line to draw early action on the Rams. That obviously worked as the line shifted 4 points yesterday (from Eagles -2.5 to Eagles +1.5). 

We'll see what the public does as the week rolls along but I like the Eagles getting points and the over. Bounce back week. 

Dallas has at least 2 (probably 3) receivers that would walk into our roster and a top 3 tailback. I'm not sure needing a questionable PI call to beat them makes much difference to our game.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

The Cowboys are a better side than us though I'm pretty sure of that. I don't think this team is as terrible as they showed on Sunday but I also don't think they are very good either. And the Rams are a better team overall. They'll win I'm sadly confident of that. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The Cowboys are a better side than us though I'm pretty sure of that. I don't think this team is as terrible as they showed on Sunday but I also don't think they are very good either. And the Rams are a better team overall. They'll win I'm sadly confident of that. 

Then go hard on the Rams brother.

I'm of the opinion that a line that looks too good to be true is the Vegas equivalent of a GoFundMe page...

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Then go hard on the Rams brother.

I'm of the opinion that a line that looks too good to be true is the Vegas equivalent of a GoFundMe page...

That's fair... But then I thought that of the Washington line and that proved to be true. 

5 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Don't give the cowboys a out. They lost. I already have Co worker cowboys fans saying how they didn't lose.

The call was legit. Mike Pereira and Dean Blandino (prior President and Vice President of NFL refs) said the call was legit. It was OPI. The refs themselves reviewed it and said it was right again. 

Was the controversial offensive PI at the end of the Cowboys-Rams game the right call?

@MikePereira and @DeanBlandino break it down! ⬇️⬇️ https://t.co/J1s5jPzzb7

On 9/14/2020 at 2:34 PM, Mike030270 said:

I'd almost just put Sudfeld in so he can get killed instead of Wentz

Wentz would still hold the ball too long

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eagles_All_Day said:

Don't give the cowboys a out. They lost. I already have Co worker cowboys fans saying how they didn't lose.

The call was legit. Mike Pereira and Dean Blandino (prior President and Vice President of NFL refs) said the call was legit. It was OPI. The refs themselves reviewed it and said it was right again. 

Was the controversial offensive PI at the end of the Cowboys-Rams game the right call?

@MikePereira and @DeanBlandino break it down! ⬇️⬇️ https://t.co/J1s5jPzzb7

I’m not giving anyone an out.  I’m telling you why I think the line is what it is.

Remember, this has nothing to do with the better team, wins and losses, etc.  Linemaking is all about predicting and manipulating behavior. 

I really don't care as long as the Cowboys and Giants keep losing.

Once again it looks like we'll have a division nobody wants to win.

4 hours ago, Madriver said:

I really don't care as long as the Cowboys and Giants keep losing.

Once again it looks like we'll have a division nobody wants to win.

At some point though we've got to realise that it hurts us. It gives us a route in to the play offs where we will lose the first game but hurts our draft position. 

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At some point though we've got to realise that it hurts us. It gives us a route in to the play offs where we will lose the first game but hurts our draft position. 

Do you think we are going to be competitive for the division this season, even if the division is a bunch of 8-8 teams? Because 6-10 doesn't seem out of the question unless the QB wakes up and the OL improves dramatically.

Eagles has always handled Aaron Donald. Mcvay has never beat Dougy P. Team is getting healthy. The line screams Eagles win.

One thing was certain, Doug always outcoach Wade no matter if he had Foles or Wentz. With that said Wade isn't the rams DC anymore.

2 hours ago, Madriver said:

Do you think we are going to be competitive for the division this season, even if the division is a bunch of 8-8 teams? Because 6-10 doesn't seem out of the question unless the QB wakes up and the OL improves dramatically.

No i don't think we will be. But what I'm saying is, competing in a bad division doesn't help us really. 

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Lemme see... damn, same as last week... my crystal ball is just to cloudy to tell...

Eagles win as Lane and Sanders return. Slay balls out.

Cloudy Crystal Ball.jpg

I'm guessing the Rams might put Ramsey on Ertz.  He is a bigger CB and I could see them viewing Ertz as the main key to our offense. Then, they will probably have the other CB and a safety on Jackson. So, that means Goedert and or other WR, whether it is Reagor, Ward or Hightower will have to be productive. The problem is that the Eagles might have to use one of our TEs in maxprotect, so that could limit Goedert on some plays.  The OL continuity will still be an issue, even if Lane comes back. They have to work together for  a few games to get things cohesive.  I hope Sanders holds up. I'm getting the feeling they are rushing him back.  

This happens every year. "This makes no sense, this team beat that team but lost to the other". This is the artificial parity of the league. I wouldn't be surprised by losing or winning any game this season anymore. Part of my lukewarm enthusiasm for football anymore.

Washington is better than people think and Dallas is worse than people think.  Eagles should get Lane back and have matched up well against the Rams during the DP-Mcvay era.  I think we match up well against them again, for the first time in what seems like forever our defense has the advantage outside where Robey-Coleman can take Kupp and Slay can take Woods.  HFA advantage isn't what it used to be but travelling cross country sucks even more.  I was bearish on Eagles last week, Im bullish this week.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Washington is better than people think and Dallas is worse than people think.  Eagles should get Lane back and have matched up well against the Rams during the DP-Mcvay era.  I think we match up well against them again, for the first time in what seems like forever our defense has the advantage outside where Robey-Coleman can take Kupp and Slay can take Woods.  HFA advantage isn't what it used to be but travelling cross country sucks even more.  I was bearish on Eagles last week, Im bullish this week.

I know that Doug always did well agaist Wade rams defensive scheme, but Wade is no longer the rams DC. 

4 hours ago, Eagles_All_Day said:

I know that Doug always did well agaist Wade rams defensive scheme, but Wade is no longer the rams DC. 

And the Rams are moving Donald around the line of scrimmage. So, they will move him to where they feel the weakest link of the OL is. So, I expect the Eagles to keep one TE to help block a lot. So, unless the Eagles go a lot of 3 TE, then it figures to take Goedert out of the passing game a little more than usual.

The line is back to a pick in most places, but the Westgate Superbook has the Eagles -1.

Rule #1 of betting week #2?  Don't over-react to week #1.

The Rams are coming off a big win on national TV against the hated Cowboys.  Smoke and wild fires have disrupted their routines. They're flying cross country for a 10am body clock kickoff.  On top of that Barnett, Johnson and Sanders will all be back in the lineup.

Bounce back game.  I'll take the Eagles in a pick and OVER the 46. 

3 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

The line is back to a pick in most places, but the Westgate Superbook has the Eagles -1.

Rule #1 of betting week #2?  Don't over-react to week #1.

The Rams are coming off a big win on national TV against the hated Cowboys.  Smoke and wild fires have disrupted their routines. They're flying cross country for a 10am body clock kickoff.  On top of that Barnett, Johnson and Sanders will all be back in the lineup.

Bounce back game.  I'll take the Eagles in a pick and OVER the 46. 

Lane and Miles are expected to play. I took us at a pick em as well.

• Like 1