I cant Do it any more. Prescott is better than Wentz

Vman1968

It's been over 4 years and we've all be defending the guy left and right.  More talented.  Much higher upside, blah blah blah.   We've all been on web sites, FB, Twitter - wherever getting in pissing matches with Cowboys fans telling everyone, that its not even close and Wentz is better than Prescott and its not even debateable.  I saw things yesterday that bobby Hoying didnt do.  This hayseed has been in the league 5 years now.   Guess what?   He's not better that Prescott.   He's not better than Goff.  I think Daniel Jones and Dwaye Haskins may be better than him.   I saw a guy yesterday that looked completly unprepared.  I saw a guy that cant figure out when to get rid of a ball and not only to try and stay healthy, but not put your team in bad postion after bad position.  I saw Jamis Winston out there.   He has this year but we go 9-7 this year or worse and we see more games like this?   Jalen Hurt will be getting a chance to win the job next year and Wentz will be gone in 2022.   

He's a good dude - but were 5 years in and he looks like he's learned nothing in his first 4 years.   Sadly this falls on the shoulder of Howie (Again) for a poor 2016 draft.  I'm disgusted.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Also - I know i am a noob according to my stats here, but i was on this board before but hadnt logged on for a year.   They killed my account apparently.   

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

It's been over 4 years and we've all be defending the guy left and right.  More talented.  Much higher upside, blah blah blah.   We've all been on web sites, FB, Twitter - wherever getting in pissing matches with Cowboys fans telling everyone, that its not even close and Wentz is better than Prescott and its not even debateable.  I saw things yesterday that bobby Hoying didnt do.  This hayseed has been in the league 5 years now.   Guess what?   He's not better that Prescott.   He's not better than Goff.  I think Daniel Jones and Dwaye Haskins may be better than him.   I saw a guy yesterday that looked completly unprepared.  I saw a guy that cant figure out when to get rid of a ball and not only to try and stay healthy, but not put your team in bad postion after bad position.  I saw Jamis Winston out there.   He has this year but we go 9-7 this year or worse and we see more games like this?   Jalen Hurt will be getting a chance to win the job next year and Wentz will be gone in 2022.   

He's a good dude - but were 5 years in and he looks like he's learned nothing in his first 4 years.   Sadly this falls on the shoulder of Howie (Again) for a poor 2016 draft.  I'm disgusted.   

I can somewhat entertain a Wentz/Dak debate, but not really.  It was one bad game.  And Dak sucked yesterday too like he does most of the time with every weapon on the planet.  So did Goff.  And Haskins.  And Jones sucked tonight.  But to lump him in with these last 3 is utterly ridiculous.  I understand he needs to get better.  He sucked YESTERDAY.  1 day.  Everyone besides KC looks like hot garbage out there this week.  Sloppiest OL play league wide I've ever seen in my life.  

With that being said.....

Angry Get Out GIF by National Geographic Channel - Find & Share on GIPHY

One game and it's back up the truck, turn the lights out, bull doze the stadium and turn it into a praking lot.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

Also - I know i am a noob according to my stats here, but i was on this board before but hadnt logged on for a year.   They killed my account apparently.   

Question. And how would Dak and Goff have performed behind our patchwork offenisve line against Washington? 

18 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

hopefully we wont see you for another year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I am not giving up on Wentz and history will show that I was correct.  The idea of getting rid of his is ridiculous for several reasons,

character- not going to cause any distractions off the field,

work ethic- plays hurts and does the work to get back on the field ASAP

Talent- even coming out of NDSU he has proven he has the tools to play in the NFL

$$$  He signed a 128m contract last summer,  66 million guaranteed.    You can't take a cap hit like that even when you have fans in the stands.  

A better question is why didn't you get some O  line help in the middle rounds given the fact that you are locked in with Wentz for several years.  

On 9/15/2020 at 11:09 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

hopefully we wont see you for another year. 

So from what I can gather on this new message board you still can’t critique any eagle without a ton of backlash.  
yeah I saw the Sunday night game and neither Prescott or Goff we’re close to as bad as wentz, and yes wentz was good for about 20 minutes and then looked worse than Bobby Hoying for the remaining 40.  The two picks were throws Avg rookies make.  Both were directly responsible for TDs.  He has some mental block and can’t figure out to get rid of the ball.  Yeah the o-line sucked so more of a reason to throw it away. Why is it so hard for him to figure this out?  He gets hurt and he fumbles A LOT and this is the reason. And this may be on Doug but move around move.  
So now in year 5.  FIVE!  He still makes the same mistakes.  Hurts is here for a reason. If wentz doesn’t figure this out he’ll be gone after next season if they can absorb the cap hit. And I’m not saying Hurts is anything special but the Eagles brass is thinking the same thing.  

As a side note everyone here is asking how Prescott, Goff, Jones etc did.  And I know I threw Prescott’s name out there but let’s be honest.  We’ve all put wentz in the Russell Wilson Aaron Rogers Rothlisbirger category.  And he’s not close to Mahomes or even Jackson. But how did they all do week one?  He looked up prepared and in the second half scared and lost. Sorry I’ve never seen that look on Prescott. And I hate Prescott and all cowboys. But facts are facts. Eagles cheerleaders have to accept. 

Dakota Prescott can't make the playoffs while being surrounded by top shelf talent and Wentz wills his team into the playoffs with a barber, a store clerk, and a podcast guy at WR. Please just stop with all of this nonsense. Wentz is the superior QB. Dallas just has the better roster overall. 

15 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

So from what I can gather on this new message board you still can’t critique any eagle without a ton of backlash.  

First, we already have topics complaining about Wentz' performance.  Plenty of people agree and Eagles players get critiqued constantly you must be new here.

Second, people here are debating Dak/Wentz with you and disagree with you.  Disagreeing with you isn't "backlash."  If you can't handle comments that disagree with you, the internet isn't for you bud.  B-)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

As a side note everyone here is asking how Prescott, Goff, Jones etc did.  And I know I threw Prescott’s name out there but let’s be honest.  We’ve all put wentz in the Russell Wilson Aaron Rogers Rothlisbirger category.  And he’s not close to Mahomes or even Jackson. But how did they all do week one?  He looked up prepared and in the second half scared and lost. Sorry I’ve never seen that look on Prescott. And I hate Prescott and all cowboys. But facts are facts. Eagles cheerleaders have to accept. 

Remember that time Zak Prescott came into Philly, with a win guaranteeing them a spot in the playoffs, and scored THREE points?  :roll:  And he had a healthy team.

• Haha 1

If Prescott had had the players around him that Wentz has had, and vice versa, Prescott would be a backup somewhere and the debate would be Wentz vs. Mahomes. 

5 minutes ago, wyote said:

the debate would be Wentz vs. Mahomes. 

I don't quite agree there. Mahomes is on a different level to Wentz. Wentz is going to be perhaps a top 10-15 QB in the next couple of years.

22 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't quite agree there. Mahomes is on a different level to Wentz. Wentz is going to be perhaps a top 10-15 QB in the next couple of years.

The one year he had decent weapons around him, Wentz was an MVP candidate. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wyote said:

The one year he had decent weapons around him, Wentz was an MVP candidate. 

One year. That's one year. A truly elite top top QB would raise those around him. Wentz can do that and has done that but he's inconsistent. He's not on the same level as Mahomes. He's in that 10-15 range. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

One year. That's one year. A truly elite top top QB would raise those around him. Wentz can do that and has done that but he's inconsistent. He's not on the same level as Mahomes. He's in that 10-15 range. 

If Mahomes were playing with the people Wentz has had around him, you'd think he's in that 10-15 range too. 

I'm not saying Wentz is better than Mahomes or even as good as Mahomes. I'm saying the way we view them is affected by the kind of people around them. Wentz has had mediocre people at best around him -- except for one year.

Right now everyone wants Wentz murdered because of the last game. Well, Mahomes has probably never seen the kind of pressure Wentz saw last game. And if he did, he didn't do much better. 

Given the salary cap mess the Eagles are in, Wentz might never have good weapons around him again, or at least not for a couple of years. Definitely not this year. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 9:35 PM, Vman1968 said:

yeah I saw the Sunday night game and neither Prescott or Goff we’re close to as bad as wentz, and yes wentz was good for about 20 minutes and then looked worse than Bobby Hoying for the remaining 40.  The two picks were throws Avg rookies make.  Both were directly responsible for TDs.  He has some mental block and can’t figure out to get rid of the ball.  Yeah the o-line sucked so more of a reason to throw it away. Why is it so hard for him to figure this out?  He gets hurt and he fumbles A LOT and this is the reason. And this may be on Doug but move around move.  
So now in year 5.  FIVE!  He still makes the same mistakes.  Hurts is here for a reason. If wentz doesn’t figure this out he’ll be gone after next season if they can absorb the cap hit. And I’m not saying Hurts is anything special but the Eagles brass is thinking the same thing.  

No chance anyone read any of this.  The paragraph structure alone kills me.  

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed..... but when has Wentz had an elite coach or any weapons besides a TE?   He hasn't, and we need to give him some time to mesh with the new WRs.  Game is over last Sunday if Reagor doesn't hesitate on his deep route.  Those mistakes should be expected, especially this year.  

20 hours ago, wyote said:

If Mahomes were playing with the people Wentz has had around him, you'd think he's in that 10-15 range too. 

I'm not saying Wentz is better than Mahomes or even as good as Mahomes. I'm saying the way we view them is affected by the kind of people around them. Wentz has had mediocre people at best around him -- except for one year.

Right now everyone wants Wentz murdered because of the last game. Well, Mahomes has probably never seen the kind of pressure Wentz saw last game. And if he did, he didn't do much better. 

Given the salary cap mess the Eagles are in, Wentz might never have good weapons around him again, or at least not for a couple of years. Definitely not this year. 

Oh please. Mahomes wouldn’t be 0-2 with this team. And guess what most teams have a QB that makes a ton of money.  Poor drafting. Poor coaching and poor QB play and leadership. 

16 hours ago, hputenis said:

No chance anyone read any of this.  The paragraph structure alone kills me.  

Oh boy. The grammar police strike again.