I cant Do it any more. Prescott is better than Wentz

Vman1968

On 10/1/2020 at 4:08 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I still wouldn't take Dak over Wentz but I will say this... For so long we've argued that with the weapons Dak has that Wentz would be in the top 3 QBs in the league. I'm not so sure I believe that anymore. Having great weapons doesn't mean much if you keep missing them. 

He won yesterday but still throwing balls in the dirt and missing guys. He will never be a top 10 and with all the better young QB’s neither with Dak. 
Wentz just lacks mental toughness and grit. Look at Rogers when GB drafted a QB in the second round he was pissed and is just going crazy. Wentz is just soft IMO. 

7 hours ago, Gch said:

Wentz just lacks mental toughness and grit. Look at Rogers when GB drafted a QB in the second round he was pissed and is just going crazy. Wentz is just soft IMO. 

Lacks mental toughness? Did you see him grit his way through the game on Sunday? Despite not playing well, despite the questions over his head right now, despite those calling for him to be benched? He showed some toughness there. 

12 hours ago, Gch said:

He won yesterday but still throwing balls in the dirt and missing guys. He will never be a top 10 and with all the better young QB’s neither with Dak. 

wentz is def not there yet, but the rogers analogy is about as weak as the dallas defense. 

1- wentz isnt rogers and neither is 97% of the other qbs in the league. 

2- rogers had a much better offense around him to go crazy with. 

what wentz truly lacks is good coaching. which in reality is a common theme on the eagles. 

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lacks mental toughness? Did you see him grit his way through the game on Sunday? Despite not playing well, despite the questions over his head right now, despite those calling for him to be benched? He showed some toughness there. 

that's what I'm talking about, Wentz is the QB and when someone calls for him to be benched most QB will do what Rodgers did. When people doubt you, you show them who you are.

• 2 weeks later...

Wentz still stinks.  Totally unprepared for this season. Lamar Jackson makes him look like a high school QB. I’m not sure wentz is the best QB on his team.  Mentally weak. No pocket presence.  Still can’t protect the ball.  He’s a mess. 5 years in and he makes mistakes rookies don’t make.  

On 10/18/2020 at 1:45 PM, Vman1968 said:

Wentz still stinks.  Totally unprepared for this season. Lamar Jackson makes him look like a high school QB. I’m not sure wentz is the best QB on his team.  Mentally weak. No pocket presence.  Still can’t protect the ball.  He’s a mess. 5 years in and he makes mistakes rookies don’t make.  

:roll: Congratulations!  This is the dumbest post I've seen on the boards yet.  I love the time you sent it too.  Lamar SUCKED Sunday, but you have your agenda.  Carry on.  

On 10/18/2020 at 9:31 PM, RICWOOFLAIR said:

What hurts most is knowing we gave up a lot of draft capital to get Wentz.....it wasn't worth it. 

You're an idiot.  

On 10/5/2020 at 7:53 PM, Gch said:

5 hours ago, hputenis said:

:roll: Congratulations!  This is the dumbest post I've seen on the boards yet.  I love the time you sent it too.  Lamar SUCKED Sunday, but you have your agenda.  Carry on.  

You're an idiot.  

Awe we hurt the fan boys feelings.  How dare you criticize my QB.  You gonna start crying like TO?  Took wentz 2 quarters to get warmed up.  Wasn’t all his fault but he wasn’t good and because of it  they were in a hole the entire game.  Just like Pittsburg.  Wouldn’t it be nice if he actually started a game like he finishes?  I mean he makes 32 million a year.  What should we expect for that money?  

53 minutes ago, Vman1968 said:

Awe we hurt the fan boys feelings.  How dare you criticize my QB.  You gonna start crying like TO?  Took wentz 2 quarters to get warmed up.  Wasn’t all his fault but he wasn’t good and because of it  they were in a hole the entire game.  Just like Pittsburg.  Wouldn’t it be nice if he actually started a game like he finishes?  I mean he makes 32 million a year.  What should we expect for that money?  

STFU you old curmudgeon. I’m old too but not 1968 old.  How would you like the franchise QB to start the game with 7 OL out and receivers that don’t make other rosters?  I’m curious how anyone in the league would do better with this cast. You have an agenda. Admit it. Then stop posting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

STFU you old curmudgeon. I’m old too but not 1968 old.  How would you like the franchise QB to start the game with 7 OL out and receivers that don’t make other rosters?  I’m curious how anyone in the league would do better with this cast. You have an agenda. Admit it. Then stop posting. 

How far down are your pants when wentz has a press conference?  They guy is a great human being. I want him to win. But he fumbles a lot becuase he holds the ball too long. Takes way to many hits. Not accurate. So you have an agenda more than I.  

45 minutes ago, Vman1968 said:

How far down are your pants when wentz has a press conference?  They guy is a great human being. I want him to win. But he fumbles a lot becuase he holds the ball too long. Takes way to many hits. Not accurate. So you have an agenda more than I.  

If you wear pants during an Eagles game, that’s your problem dude. 

11 hours ago, hputenis said:

If you wear pants during an Eagles game, that’s your problem dude. 

Yep. Though so. I’m sure you have a poster on your wall with all kinds of stains 

16 hours ago, hputenis said:

How would you like the franchise QB to start the game with 7 OL out and receivers that don’t make other rosters?  I’m curious how anyone in the league would do better with this cast. 

One of the most interesting things this season has been watching the beeches beach as though this were a basically healthy roster. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wyote said:

One of the most interesting things this season has been watching the beeches beach as though this were a basically healthy roster. 

That’s on Howie and the medical staff. But you want to deny that wentz came into this season and looked like total dreck?

3 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

That’s on Howie and the medical staff. But you want to deny that wentz came into this season and looked like total dreck?

It's not necessarily "on" anybody. 

I saw what Wentz looked like. With the same guys around him, Prescott would've looked worse. Sorry Jerruh-lover. That's just how it is. If you had Wentz in Dallas, y'all would've won three games by now. 

8 hours ago, wyote said:

I saw what Wentz looked like. With the same guys around him, Prescott would've looked worse. Sorry Jerruh-lover. That's just how it is. If you had Wentz in Dallas, y'all would've won three games by now. 

Lol right now Wentz is an average QB at best. Dak is done but was putting up ungodly numbers and still a losing record. 
Both of our QB’s are average or slightly above compared to the new group of young QB’s so what does it matter?? 
Wentz and Dak will never be elite so try to understand that. 
Eagle gave up a truck load of capital for Wentz but they did get a SB and Dallas gave up a 4th round pick for Dak. But  Philly got their SB. 

On 10/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, wyote said:

Is this some ringing endorsement?  They would’ve won 3 games instead of 2?  Please. Look I hate Prescott as a player and despise the cowboys.  But even last night their were large portions of the game where Wentz was way off.  Glad he got it together in the 4th but he needs more consistency. And he he’s to step up to Pederson and help call the plays. 

On 10/21/2020 at 7:13 PM, Gch said:

Lol right now Wentz is an average QB at best. Dak is done but was putting up ungodly numbers and still a losing record. 
Both of our QB’s are average or slightly above compared to the new group of young QB’s so what does it matter?? 
Wentz and Dak will never be elite so try to understand that. 
Eagle gave up a truck load of capital for Wentz but they did get a SB and Dallas gave up a 4th round pick for Dak. But  Philly got their SB. 

I’ll agree with this. Neither is a great QB.  Middle of the road.  Wentz is proving his toughness which is good but stop with the dumb Ints and for god sake through the damn ball away.  Why can he figure that out? 

3 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

I’ll agree with this. Neither is a great QB.  Middle of the road.  Wentz is proving his toughness which is good but stop with the dumb Ints and for god sake through the damn ball away.  Why can he figure that out? 

As a Cowboys fan I like Dak but I also know that he is not a top 10 QB in the league but I’m nervous that the Jones will pay him next year top money. 
So what do you do let him walk, franchise him again or sign him to a long term contract. If we let him walk then we have to be able to draft a QB in the first round and odds of finding a better QB then Dak may not be that easy. 
I love his leadership and I have seen what he had done with no OL compared to an average QB at best so who knows. 

6 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

hate Prescott as a player and despise the cowboys.  

Sure you do. 

There is no whiff of a troll to you. 

Dak is gone.

Hopefully this won't evolve into a "Denucci is better than Wentz" thread after this weekend.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:06 PM, wyote said:

Sure you do. 

There is no whiff of a troll to you. 

There’s a whiff of something a lot nastier coming from you.  

8 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

Dak is gone.

Hopefully this won't evolve into a "Denucci is better than Wentz" thread after this weekend.

If wentz comes out ans holds the ball for 8 seconds or throws really bad pics and overthrows open WRs downfield it might.  Time to earn 32 mil 

23 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

If wentz comes out ans holds the ball for 8 seconds or throws really bad pics and overthrows open WRs downfield it might.  Time to earn 32 mil 

Continue to live back in week 3, and ignore the past 3 games.  You're really good at it.  

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Continue to live back in week 3, and ignore the past 3 games.  You're really good at it.  

You are telling me you don’t think wentz has been holding on to the ball too long since week 3?  No bad picks since week 3?  Do you actually watch the games or are you too busy with you hands on your junk staring at a picture of him and making a mess?  Try to be somewhat objective.  Thanks for contributing to my thread. With every post I move into your head a little more.