Messages need to be sent

gameshowfan91

1) Pederson needs to send a message to Wentz by dressing Hurts for next game to show Wentz his job isn't safe. Wentz's play @ Washington was unacceptable.

2) Lurie needs to give Pederson an ultimatum: either hire an OC or be fired.

3) Howie needs to be on a short leash this year.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, gameshowfan91 said:

1) Pederson needs to send a message to Wentz by dressing Hurts for next game to show Wentz his job isn't safe. Wentz's play @ Washington was unacceptable.

The front office is the one that forced Pederson into taking on all these offensive minds so your 2nd point is pointless. None of this is going to happen after one game so that makes the rest of your points also pointless

• Like 5

This team just needs more work. Since there wasn't any preseason games, they'll be getting that during September. We may have to hope for some ugly wins early. 

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

If we go 0-5, 0-6 it can and should happen. And at this rate, that is entirely possible.

• Like 1

Doug did hire an OC. He hired a bunch :lol:

I can't believe people think the rookie Hurts is going to do better. Wtf is with this fanbase and backups :facepalm:

43 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I can't believe people think the rookie Hurts is going to do better. Wtf is with this fanbase and backups :facepalm:

Most popular athlete in Philadelphia is the backup QB.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Agree

Agree

Agree

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I know its ridiculous.

Was out watching the game with some friends and 1 of them who's an Eagles fan kept yelling Wentz blows and Hurts is a way better QB.  I was embarrassed to say the least.

5 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

If the fumbles keep happening and the bad decision making keep happening then I'd seriously consider benching him.  

Remember AR did it to McNabb and it lit a fire under him.  

• Like 2

It all starts from the top. Howie's is responsible for Drafting Wentz, so he is our starting QB until something happens. Howie's is responsible for bringing in Doug. Howie's is responsible for poor drafting. Doug is a nice guy, but he failed miserably to bring in the right coaches around him. Lurie might have to make some drastic changes after the season, by "Promoting" Howie out of Philadelphia and bringing in a fresh New regime. Currently...our veterans are falling apart and the depth is very little. If the Eagles are going to start fresh..might as well be with the entirely new regime. New Manager, new Coach, and most importantly new drafting department.

• Like 1

I mean people pointing out that Doug hired new OC's, I think the problem isn't so much the hires as that it doesn't matter who we bring in Doug calls the plays, the same plays, for 4 years.

Our offense has been the same for 4 years which makes it even more baffling that we still can't execute it worth a damn with any sort of consistency.

I watched the Chiefs Texans opener and my big takeaway from that was regardless of talent level, the Chiefs offense looks slick and practiced, they know it and how to execute it without thinking. On Sunday once the scripted drives were done, it looked like we had spent training camp just learning those drives and now we were winging it.

• Like 3

I would dress Hurts, but not to "send a message”. I’d do it because there’s a good chance Wentz gets knocked out of that game if Lane doesn’t play. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, nipples said:

I would dress Hurts, but not to "send a message”. I’d do it because there’s a good chance Wentz gets knocked out of that game if Lane doesn’t play. 

Lane isn't the issue, if Lane plays and he has Herbig next to him we're still toast.  You could put any of the great right tackles of yore in there and if Herbig is playing guard you ain't blocking ish.

12 hours ago, Madriver said:

If we go 0-5, 0-6 it can and should happen. And at this rate, that is entirely possible.

If we go 0-5 or 0-6, we need to have a full blown Crazy Eddie fire sale. Get the #1 pick and start over with Trevor Lawrence.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If we go 0-5 or 0-6, we need to have a full blown Crazy Eddie fire sale. Get the #1 pick and start over with Trevor Lawrence.

😂 Tanking for Lawrence would set them back even further. Dude isn’t going to be a good NFL QB. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brkmsn said:

This team just needs more work. Since there wasn't any preseason games, they'll be getting that during September. We may have to hope for some ugly wins early. 

As you say because of the no preseason it’s case of staying the pack until October and hopefully the players that are injured come back and get the team as a whole some reps in real games to get on the same page. That may not work out but there’s hope. 

25 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Not happening.

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

😂 Tanking for Lawrence would set them back even further. Dude isn’t going to be a good NFL QB. 

Agreed. Future bust written all over him.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nipples said:

Agreed. Rebuild the lines and start the Hurts era.

Jeez we just drafted a QB.

15 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Her's a message that needs sent, STFU

• Like 1

Just a question.......

Since many on here are quick to get rid of Wentz, if the Eagles decided to release him today, how many teams would be interested in signing him?