Messages need to be sent

gameshowfan91

Just now, 315Eagles said:

Just a question.......

Since many on here are quick to get rid of Wentz, if the Eagles decided to release him today, how many teams would be interested in signing him?

I don’t think many are "quick to get rid of Wentz.” I think many of us are just starting to shift to the side of believing that he’s pretty much as good as he’s going to get, and it isn’t enough.

I’m not saying just ditch him outright, but I’m becoming skeptical. This really is a make or break year for him in my mind. He needs to find a way to clean up the mistakes he has been making since his rookie year, or it’s time to start entertaining the idea that he isn’t the long term answer. I don’t care what Howie or Doug say publicly, Hurts was drafted not only in case Wentz gets injured again, but also if he doesn’t continue improving. 

If Wentz has a tough year or gets hurt again, we’ll be seeing an open competition next training camp. Unless Hurts comes in for injury this year and plays lights out, then he pretty much makes the decision for them. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I don’t think many are "quick to get rid of Wentz.” I think many of us are just starting to shift to the side of believing that he’s pretty much as good as he’s going to get, and it isn’t enough.

I’m not saying just ditch him outright, but I’m becoming skeptical. This really is a make or break year for him in my mind. He needs to find a way to clean up the mistakes he has been making since his rookie year, or it’s time to start entertaining the idea that he isn’t the long term answer. I don’t care what Howie or Doug say publicly, Hurts was drafted not only in case Wentz gets injured again, but also if he doesn’t continue improving. 

If Wentz has a tough year or gets hurt again, we’ll be seeing an open competition next training camp. Unless Hurts comes in for injury this year and plays lights out, then he pretty much makes the decision for them. 

Believe me....there are many on here who would be celebrating if they got rid of Wentz soon.  Be careful what you wish for.  Franchise, elite QBs dont grow on trees.

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

Believe me....there are many on here who would be celebrating if they got rid of Wentz soon.  Be careful what you wish for.  Franchise, elite QBs dont grow on trees.

What is becoming clear is that Wentz himself is not an elite franchise QB. He’s above average, but inconsistent as all hell. Many absolutely terrible games, and others where he is lights out. Much like Foles to be honest. 

The question is how long to you just settle for sticking with an above average QB, rather than trying to upgrade. Because unless they get extremely lucky, I’m having a hard time seeing Wentz leading them to a super bowl title.

What you don’t want to do is become the Bengals, who stuck with a very average Andy Dalton for far too long. 

1 hour ago, NCTANK said:

same as it ever was

"The backup QB is really the better QB?"

46e43q.png

34 minutes ago, nipples said:

What is becoming clear is that Wentz himself is not an elite franchise QB. He’s above average, but inconsistent as all hell. Many absolutely terrible games, and others where he is lights out. Much like Foles to be honest. 

The question is how long to you just settle for sticking with an above average QB, rather than trying to upgrade. Because unless they get extremely lucky, I’m having a hard time seeing Wentz leading them to a super bowl title.

What you don’t want to do is become the Bengals, who stuck with a very average Andy Dalton for far too long. 

The league is full of above average, very good QBs.  Not many elite, maybe Mahomes, Wilson and Rodgers.  Lamar Jackson might be soon but he needs to prove more before he's called elite.  I'll take Wentz anyday until we can get an elite guy.  Problem is the way he plays we might see Sudfeld or Hurts very soon.

17 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

1) Pederson needs to send a message to Wentz by dressing Hurts for next game to show Wentz his job isn't safe. Wentz's play @ Washington was unacceptable.

If Wentz struggles for the first few weeks and keeps turning the ball over then yeah maybe Doug takes this approach. 

But after one game? I just don't see it. Let's see how he does with some very tricky games coming up. Rams next, he has to respond. Then Bengals. But then it's Niners, Steelers, Ravens. That's brutal and some very very good defenses.

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

The league is full of above average, very good QBs.  Not many elite, maybe Mahomes, Wilson and Rodgers.  Lamar Jackson might be soon but he needs to prove more before he's called elite.  I'll take Wentz anyday until we can get an elite guy.  Problem is the way he plays we might see Sudfeld or Hurts very soon.

I get that but other than a small handful of outliers, how many teams in recent memory win a super bowl without that elite QB? I’ll give you Foles, which was completely unexpected and one of those "lightning in a bottle” situations. But other than that?

Point is, I’m not saying just dump Wentz outright and roll the dice. But if he either gets injured again this year or continues to be so up and down, and doesn’t lead them on any kind of playoff run? 
Then I think you open it up to give Hurts a legit shot to compete for the starting job next year in camp/preseason. May the best man win. 

24 minutes ago, nipples said:

I get that but other than a small handful of outliers, how many teams in recent memory win a super bowl without that elite QB? I’ll give you Foles, which was completely unexpected and one of those "lightning in a bottle” situations. But other than that?

Point is, I’m not saying just dump Wentz outright and roll the dice. But if he either gets injured again this year or continues to be so up and down, and doesn’t lead them on any kind of playoff run? 
Then I think you open it up to give Hurts a legit shot to compete for the starting job next year in camp/preseason. May the best man win. 

Even with an elite QB it doesnt equate to SBs.

Rodgers has 1.  Brees has 1.  Mahomes has 1.  Wilson has 1.  Peyton Manning has 2 but 1 was won with defense.  Only one who has multiple is Brady.  Who am I missing?  Maybe Big Ben?

As far as the elite right now, Mahomes, Wilson and Rodgers, they have 1 each.

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If Wentz struggles for the first few weeks and keeps turning the ball over then yeah maybe Doug takes this approach. 

But after one game? I just don't see it. Let's see how he does with some very tricky games coming up. Rams next, he has to respond. Then Bengals. But then it's Niners, Steelers, Ravens. That's brutal and some very very good defenses.

Wasnt even 1 game really.  It was a bad 2nd half.  Actually an atrocious 2nd half 😞

40 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Even with an elite QB it doesnt equate to SBs.

Rodgers has 1.  Brees has 1.  Mahomes has 1.  Wilson has 1.  Peyton Manning has 2 but 1 was won with defense.  Only one who has multiple is Brady.  Who am I missing?  Maybe Big Ben?

As far as the elite right now, Mahomes, Wilson and Rodgers, they have 1 each.

Ok, now name the teams in the last 30 years to win one WITHOUT an elite QB. 

By my count it is Dilfer, Foles, Flacco, Brad Johnson, Eli x2. So only 6 of the last 20 winners, by my count, did it without an elite QB. I’m keeping Eli in that list, even though he’s likely going into the hall of fame. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

By my count it is Dilfer, Foles, Flacco, Brad Johnson, Eli x2. So only 6 of the last 20 winners, by my count, did it without an elite QB. I’m keeping Eli in that list, even though he’s likely going into the hall of fame. 

Still you have 6 winners without elite QBs and then you have 14 winning with elite QBs 5 of them being brady. There is no sure fire formula not in the last 20 anyways. Wentz not being top 3 is not a death sentence to never winning another one. Even if you go before the 2000's the 90's were not dominated by elite QBs winning super bowls either. Aikman was not elite and neither was farve so that's 4 Superbowls not won by elite QBs. 

Eff it!  See is Jeff Garcia can still play!  He is fiery!!

5 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Just a question.......

Since many on here are quick to get rid of Wentz, if the Eagles decided to release him today, how many teams would be interested in signing him?

How many teams are in the Canadian Football League?

I love how everyone is grabbing onto the jock of our third string project QB. The "hurts era"? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nipples said:

Do you consider Big Ben elite?  That would be 2 more.  He certainly wasnt elite when they beat Seattle in the SB.

10 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

So Hurts isn’t a bust but Lawrence is

For one thing, Hurts is already on the team. So if it comes down to it (Wentz injury, or he just has a crap season resulting in an open competition next camp) then it costs you nothing to give him a chance. 

Second, you can hardly call a mid-late second round QB a "bust”. Especially in comparison to a top 3 pick, which is what Lawrence would be if the Eagles were awful enough and drafted him. 

On 9/14/2020 at 7:06 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

1) Pederson needs to send a message to Wentz by dressing Hurts for next game to show Wentz his job isn't safe. Wentz's play @ Washington was unacceptable.

2) Lurie needs to give Pederson an ultimatum: either hire an OC or be fired.

3) Howie needs to be on a short leash this year.

1) Too soon, and Hurts isn't even the backup to Wentz just yet- officially. That could change quickly, but as of this week, Hurts is 3rd string

2) Lurie WANTED an offensive committee, not Pederson

3) Howie is going backward after the Super Bowl win, but he is Lurie's safety blankie, and he just can't let go.

Ratings are down 20% and they can’t put fans in the stadium.  Why waste money on 2020?

On 9/15/2020 at 10:07 AM, Swoop said:

Agreed. Future bust written all over him.

I've been hearing a lot of folks trashing Lawrence, dude is accurate and mobile, I'll take that any day.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:13 AM, 315Eagles said:

Just a question.......

Get rid of? Nah. Just not buying into all the hype he always seems to garner among Eagles fans every season.

On 9/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

Surprised there was no suggestion someone get yelled at.

21rreu.gif

On 9/15/2020 at 10:40 AM, 315Eagles said:

Wilson has 1.  Should have been 2

Only one who has multiple is Brady because he and the team cheated, it should be zero.

fyp

0-1.......and the typical philly fan overreaction is in full bloom.

1)  Not the way to handle a pro QB when he has a bad game. Wentz's job is very safe.....Dressing Hurts to send a message is laughable.

2)  Lurie won't fire Pedersen for a very long time....his job is safer than Wentz.  Again, laughable.

3) Howie is widely considered one of the best GM's in the NFL.......so he's not going anywhere.

That's 3 strikes, you're out.......

2 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Get rid of? Nah. Just not buying into all the hype he always seems to garner among Eagles fans every season.

Oh yes......some want him gone.

He's pis*ing me off but I dont want to get rid of him.......not yet at least.  He keeps this up another year or 2 then forget it.