Messages need to be sent

gameshowfan91

On 9/15/2020 at 10:18 AM, nipples said:

I don’t think many are "quick to get rid of Wentz.” I think many of us are just starting to shift to the side of believing that he’s pretty much as good as he’s going to get, and it isn’t enough.

I’m not saying just ditch him outright, but I’m becoming skeptical. This really is a make or break year for him in my mind. He needs to find a way to clean up the mistakes he has been making since his rookie year, or it’s time to start entertaining the idea that he isn’t the long term answer. I don’t care what Howie or Doug say publicly, Hurts was drafted not only in case Wentz gets injured again, but also if he doesn’t continue improving. 

If Wentz has a tough year or gets hurt again, we’ll be seeing an open competition next training camp. Unless Hurts comes in for injury this year and plays lights out, then he pretty much makes the decision for them. 

What's troubling for me is that they draft Hurts in the 2nd---sending a clear shot over the bow at Carson---and he comes in to camp with a dad bod and plays like his job isn't on the line.

As opposed to Trubisky who came in a fought off a SB MVP for his job.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:53 AM, nipples said:

I would dress Hurts, but not to "send a message”. I’d do it because there’s a good chance Wentz gets knocked out of that game if Lane doesn’t play. 

I cant decide whether this is kinda funny, or an all too serious (and not funny at all) observation. I think I am leaning towards the latter. 

2 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

I cant decide whether this is kinda funny, or an all too serious (and not funny at all) observation. I think I am leaning towards the latter. 

It’s definitely not intended to be funny. Hell even if Lane plays, Carson could be in for a world of hurt with the RG situation. 

20 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

0-1.......and the typical philly fan overreaction is in full bloom.

1)  Not the way to handle a pro QB when he has a bad game. Wentz's job is very safe.....Dressing Hurts to send a message is laughable.

2)  Lurie won't fire Pedersen for a very long time....his job is safer than Wentz.  Again, laughable.

3) Howie is widely considered one of the best GM's in the NFL.......so he's not going anywhere.

That's 3 strikes, you're out.......

Have you seen Howie's track record in draft? It's been subpar.