Week 3 Injury Tracker: Seumalo, Reagor out

time2rock

59 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Next victim ... now Reagor is expected to miss a few weeks. Torn ligament in thumb.  Same injury that cost Brees 5 games last season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/23/jalen-reagor-to-miss-time-with-thumb-ligament-tear/

This team can’t catch a break when it comes to injuries.  

It is such a shame because he was a lot of fun to watch. 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, jsb235 said:

After watching Pryor and Herbig play on Sunday, I wouldn't change a thing. 

Herbig is settling in at RG well and it makes sense to keep him there.  Pryor could be the LG, though he is mostly on the right side.  Brown is another option, if he has learned the system well in the 2 weeks he is here.

Hightower should get a chance to play in the WR rotation.  He did not play well in the first game.  Not sure about the Rams game.  The 3rd rookie WR may also get this chance in this game.

The injury situation has been brutal.  Making many changes won't help the team chemistry.  The guys need to have a few good games and wins to boost their confidence.  Let it begin this coming Sunday.

I am really struggling this year.  Throwing all the blame on Wentz with 8 sacks isn't right, some of that was on the O Line.  Drops or missed tackles are sometimes bigger than turnovers if they take points off the board, or allow their opponent to put them on the board.  A NFL team has a lot of moving pieces.   At this point of the year I think I have identified which unit on the team is struggling the most.  I am wondering what has happened to the medical staff and or strength and conditioning?    0-2 sucks but even worse is the number of players who have missed playing time.  I am not blaming anyone specific but it can't just be bad luck.  

John Clark reporting the team hopes to have Reagor back right after the bye (Nov 15).

Wentz looks like a bust for the past two game nahmean

2 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Great....now we get to watch JJAW play 60 snaps instead of 20 and still not make one goddam catch

It was interesting to watch Kupp Sunday, who is smaller and slower than JJAW. I wonder if JJAW can't run those same kind of routes or the team doesn't have them in its arsenal.

I don't want this to turn into another "JJAW sucks" discussion, but I just wanted to note that other teams have receivers just like him who do well, so it doesn't make sense to me that he has struggled this badly. It makes me wonder if he's the new Rasul Douglas, who is thriving in Carolina in its scheme. 

58 minutes ago, kinger said:

.  I am wondering what has happened to the medical staff and or strength and conditioning?

How should we know it's a new one again

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

It was interesting to watch Kupp Sunday, who is smaller and slower than JJAW. I wonder if JJAW can't run those same kind of routes or the team doesn't have them in its arsenal.

I don't want this to turn into another "JJAW sucks" discussion, but I just wanted to note that other teams have receivers just like him who do well, so it doesn't make sense to me that he has struggled this badly. It makes me wonder if he's the new Rasul Douglas, who is thriving in Carolina in its scheme. 

Cupp plays the slot that could be the difference and cupp is quick which is also beneficial in the slot.

Also Rasul played 14% of the snaps I week one and 24% in week 2. Wouldn't exactly call that thriving. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

In what world are kupp and JJAW similar players?

1 minute ago, kiwieagle said:

In what world are kupp and JJAW similar players?

From an athletic standpoint, how are they dissimilar?

JJAW 6'3", 225 lbs., 4.49 40, 34" vertical. 118" broad jump.

Kupp, 6'2", 204 lbs., 4.62 40, 31" vertical, 116" broad jump.

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Also Rasul played 14% of the snaps I week one and 24% in week 2. Wouldn't exactly call that thriving. 

Over 80% according to Pro Football Reference.

And a rating of just under 74 according to PFF, which is pretty good.

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Over 80% according to Pro Football Reference.

And a rating of just under 74 according to PFF, which is pretty good.

My bad I read the wrong column. Thanks for the info

6 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Playing slot for Kupp with those measures probably help  him be better. Same way Jordon Mathews was good in the slot but, horrible outside. I don't think the eagles want Whiteside in the slot though but, maybe it could benefit him. Who knows, right now it just looks bad. 

1 hour ago, kinger said:

I am really struggling this year.  Throwing all the blame on Wentz with 8 sacks isn't right, some of that was on the O Line.  Drops or missed tackles are sometimes bigger than turnovers if they take points off the board, or allow their opponent to put them on the board.  A NFL team has a lot of moving pieces.   At this point of the year I think I have identified which unit on the team is struggling the most.  I am wondering what has happened to the medical staff and or strength and conditioning?    0-2 sucks but even worse is the number of players who have missed playing time.  I am not blaming anyone specific but it can't just be bad luck.  

8 sacks. Yea. At least 5 of them was bc Wentz doesn't know when its over. 2 losses, both on Wentz, no one can change my mind. 

On 9/21/2020 at 7:33 PM, jsb235 said:

The fact that our oline is the most injured unit of the team and also is the one that played the best on Sunday is the 2020 twist I wasn't expecting.

Yeah - silver lining that we have been developing pryor and herbig with a good ol coach and they may now be quality back up and maybe even able to start. Something to watch. 

4 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Kupp knows how to run a route and actually has some quickness and footwork when in pads, which JJAW does not.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Because this isn’t madden and in real life, there is more to even just their athletic profile than straight line speed, size and jumping. And too top that, their respective strengths and the intricacies in their games are of two receivers who play a completely different style.

Kupp has excellent agility, can change direction and get in/out of cuts on a dime - that’s why he profiles as a great slot guy. Added to that the dude runs very crisp routes - all of which means, he gets open consistently. If you want measurables to support this - his 3 cone drill was 6.53 and 20 yard shuttle was 4.08. Those are top-quartile / excellent numbers.

JJAW doesn’t have those athletic traits at all. In fact his agility tested as very very poor for a nfl receiver - 7.23 in the cone and 4.41 in shuttle. What he was meant to have was ability to, jump, twist/adjust and catch the ball at high point, offer a big catch radius and make contested catches giving the QB a big window to throw too (very different strengths to Kupp). And whist not a strength was supposed to have enough speed / quickness to not be a complete liability. People thought his game style  resembled Alshon or Dez. I say he was meant to be those things because to date, I haven’t seen any of that in his nfl tape.

Lastly, there’s also a difference between the athletic tests timed speed and game speed. JJAW and Raegor had a similar 40 time but one of them plays much faster and has legit nfl deep threat game speed, the other plays much slower to the point his speed and inability to create any separation is such a liability that it may knock him out of the nfl within two or three years of being drafted. 

• Like 1