Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

2 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

And you think Cincy’s gonna take a TE at 3?!

Pitts is a stud and that's another weapon Burrow currently doesn't have. We've seen crazier things happen

11 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Pitts is a stud and that's another weapon Burrow currently doesn't have. We've seen crazier things happen

Yeah, I know Pitts is a stud but I’d be surprised if he’d go that high. Hope so!

26 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Yeah, I know Pitts is a stud but I’d be surprised if he’d go that high. Hope so!

I think he goes in the top 10. Maybe they trade out if Jets pass on Fields

37 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I think he goes in the top 10. Maybe they trade out if Jets pass on Fields

My bad! Bengals are picking 5th now. Still early for a TE but indeed possible.

Let’s do a headcount here; 1) Jags take Lawrence; 2) Jets possibly Sewell;  3) Falcons go edge or QB; 4) Miami Parsons; 5) Bengals Pitts; 6) Eagles ???

And someone will trade up for Fields/Wilson.

4 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Let’s do a headcount here; 1) Jags take Lawrence; 2) Jets possibly Sewell;  3) Falcons go edge or QB; 4) Miami Parsons; 5) Bengals Pitts; 6) Eagles ???

Didn't we break that tie? I think we should be 5 and Bengals 6.. maybe I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

I'll say it. Falcons take Fields. Jets Parsons maybe. I forgot Jets took Becton last year. I can see Miami trading back, taking Smith, or taking Parsons. Phins took Jackson in the 2nd last year otherwise I'd throw Sewell in there.  I don't think Parsons is worthy of a top 10 pick. Just my opinion. Bengals could still land Sewell. Eagles take Chase :wub:

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

Didn't we break that tie? I think we should be 5 and Bengals 6.. maybe I'm wrong.

Bengals get #5 because easier strength of schedule. I would be worried that Miami gets Chase for Tua

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

Bengals get #5 because easier strength of schedule. I would be worried that Miami gets Chase for Tua

wow, both shown as .529 now. That must be close!

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

I think Smith is more likely for Miami

• Sad 1

Miami right now has the #3 pick via Houston. No chance in hell a WR goes #3, I can't remember the last time that happened. They'll take Parsons or something.

39 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Jets just took Becton last year so I doubt they go back to back LT. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I wonder what we need to happen to jump them.

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

I wonder what we need to happen to jump them.

First step we need to lose next game..

Jags QB

Jets QB

MIA possibly Chase

ATL Surtain

Eagles.. Parsons or trade back if Chase isn't there 

Need Hou(miami) and ATL to win next week (not holding my breath) We have to lose .

13 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Miami would be insane to pass on Sewell.

Yeah, I think he's the first non-QB off the board. The Jets could always push Mekhi Becton to RT if they want to pass on QB at 2nd overall. Having two stud tackles will come in handy for whoever they start at QB. Sewell shouldn't make it past 5 and that's envisioning the unlikely scenario where the 1st four teams all go QB (including teams trading up).

The only team you have to worry about are the Bengals if they pick ahead of us. They could pair Burrow and Chase back together again.

That said, we could always trade up a couple spots. Wouldn't cost much. A 3rd maybe.

Chase is not Julio Jones, Megatron, or Andre Johnson.  So why is he projected to go in the same space of the draft as those talents?  Pure production?  For a guy who had an ordinary freshman season and sat out his junior year?

He may end up being a HOF WR.  But there are enough questions that I just don't see the value here.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Infam said:

Actually I just double checked and the tie breakers order is strength of schedule, head to head match up and then record against similar opponent(s).

since two of those are dead even, the Bengals I believe are 1-7 vs similar opponent and eagles are 2-6.

Bengals will be in front of us unless they win vs ravens and we lose vs Washington

The only question is can strength of schedule change. I assume it could based on who we've played that Cinci didn't and who Cinci played that we didn't in the final week of the season.

• Like 1

Matt Pryor kept his end the bargain, 3 false starts and a holding - the guy is $ in the bank.

15 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Chase is not Julio Jones, Megatron, or Andre Johnson.  So why is he projected to go in the same space of the draft as those talents?  Pure production?  For a guy who had an ordinary freshman season and sat out his junior year?

He may end up being a HOF WR.  But there are enough questions that I just don't see the value here.  

What struck me about last night's game was that Hurts was playing really well until the Eagles fell two TDs behind and he and Doug were forcing it more.

If Chase is truly the best player on the board then fine, but the D needs help all over the place and I don't want to see Hurts/Wentz trying to beat teams in shoot outs every week.

I have a lot of concerns about Chase.  He is a good prospect but I am really hesitant about taking WRs that get a lot of production from contested catches.  For every Hopkins there are tons of dudes who can't separate in the NFL and just aren't as dominate in contested catches going up against NFL DBs.

That is not to say he won't end up a great NFL receiver but I don't view him as a can't miss prospect and you can probably trade down and pickup a 2nd and Waddle/Smith.

Eagles have so many holes I would rather they trade down and accumulate a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round picks and draft volume at CB/WR/OL/DL.

What are your concerns? I think he does everything. He has a good leaping ability. He’s fast. He has strong legs and breaks tackles. He’s a good route runner. Concentration drops may or may not be an issue but those can be fixed. I think he’s the total package. He’s so freaking good.

20 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Miami right now has the #3 pick via Houston. No chance in hell a WR goes #3, I can't remember the last time that happened. They'll take Parsons or something.

Smith, Parsons, Sewell are all in play. I know they drafted Jackson last year but they cam always move him to RT