Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

I liked his video. Need to learn more about him. Look forward to seeing him at the Combine. 

If the Eagles end up with the 5th pick, he will be a heavy consideration unless they go CB, OL or D-Line. 

Also, do the Eagles currently have a 4th round pick? 

5 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I liked his video. Need to learn more about him. Look forward to seeing him at the Combine. 

If the Eagles end up with the 5th pick, he will be a heavy consideration unless they go CB, OL or D-Line. 

Not yet. Need wins by Dallas and Chargers. Both are possible as the opponents suck like they do. Here's hoping it all works out to the Eagles' benefit especially since the Saints are likely to throttle the Eagles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Not yey. Need wind by Dallas and Chargers. Both are possible as the opponents suck like they do. Here's hoping it all works out to the Eagles' benefit especially since the Saints are likely to throttle the Eagles.

Keeping fingers crossed. 

I keep using the auto draft but they don't have the Eagles as having a draft pick in the 4th Round. I was just trying to confirm if that is true.

4 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Keeping fingers crossed. 

I keep using the auto draft but they don't have the Eagles as having a draft pick in the 4th Round. I was just trying to confirm if that is true.

That's true. The Eagles do not have a 4th rounder this April, but have (2) 5th rounders (Theirs and Dallas) from previous trades.

• Like 1

I know it's early, but I Don't Care!!

#GameChanger

:thumbsup:JaMarr Chase - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2020 at 1:14 AM, Alphagrand said:

Dillard, Brooks, and Lane are all resting up for their 2021 return 

Can Brooks and Lane even stay healthy?

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Can Brooks and Lane even stay healthy?

I mean that's such a key question but also so difficult. I mean Brooks has had back to back season ending achilles injuries. Lane, I mean is his body now breaking down? What a mess this OL has become. 

You don't have to go O-line early to have a great line.

LT - JP - UNDRAFTED TE converted to OT. Dillard - 1st round...bust??? 

LG - Seumalo - 3rd rounder.

C - Jason Kelce - 6th Rounder.

RG - Brooks - 3rd Rounder.

RT - Johnson - 1st rounder.

If you have an early 1st round pick, go skill position (QB, WR, CB, DE) unless they all suck.

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I know it's early, but I Don't Care!!

#GameChanger

:thumbsup:JaMarr Chase - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN:thumbsup:

No #gotcarsonsback?

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

No #gotcarsonsback?

Nope. He's not the starter and the #GotYourBackCarson is for RB's.

WR's used to get #WeaponsforWentz, now they get #GameChanger. 

If Hurts is the long term starter, I'll come up with something for his name in there. Too soon to tell right now.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 9:22 AM, jsdarkstar said:

He's a stud.

We'll probably get a 4th for Ertz. I'm still holding out hope a team gives us a 3rd

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

We'll have to trade up. What'll it take to move from 9 to 5? A 3rd and a 5th?

Ya that won’t happen. 

Still 3 games left. Chase is still in play. Don't forget the trade ups for qbs. Trey Lance, Zach Wilson, or a Mac Jones. Chase isn't out of range

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Why do we need another WR that get's 2-4 targets a game?

Chase is a pipe dream and --- Holy Crap! We need a CB bad!

There are ZERO elite CB's in this draft. Enjoy!!

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

There are ZERO elite CB's in this draft. Enjoy!!

What's that? Elite? Don't talk about elite. You kiddin' me? Elite? I just hope he can make a play on the ball. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

What's that? Elite? Don't talk about elite. You kiddin' me? Elite? I just hope he can make a play on the ball. 

If your spending your first round pick on a CB, he better be an elite college CB. Don't lower the bar out of desperation. That's how guys wake up next to the ugly chick the next morning.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

If your spending your first round pick on a CB, he better be an elite college CB. Don't lower the bar out of desperation. That's how guys wake up next to the ugly chick the next morning.

This is almost exactly the same argument you made last draft against the Eagles picking Jefferson (based on the mock drafts). You said you don't use a 1st rd pick on a slot WR. 

Stephon Gilmore was the 10th pick in the 2012 draft. Marshon Lattimore was the 11th pick in the 2017 draft. 

36 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Why do we need another WR that get's 2-4 targets a game?

Chase is a pipe dream and --- Holy Crap! We need a CB bad!

Chase is far from a pipe dream and is something the Eagles haven't had in years. A playmaker at WR. Reagor sucks, Jeffery and Djax will be gone, and Godwin will probably be as well. Good thing about picking high in the draft is the players that fall into the top of the 2nd rd. Samuel Jr can very well be that guy. You get your much needed playmaker at WR (after drafting a couple of bust) with your need at CB

23 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Surtain is that guy but I'm not sure we'll be in range. If cowboys pick 4 they'll take him. I'll have to look up the draft positioning after today 

20 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

This is almost exactly the same argument you made last draft against the Eagles picking Jefferson (based on the mock drafts). You said you don't use a 1st rd pick on a slot WR. 

Stephon Gilmore was the 10th pick in the 2012 draft. Marshon Lattimore was the 11th pick in the 2017 draft. 

Typically teams don't spend a 1st on a slot only WR. I stand by that statement. To be fair, I also acknowledged that Jefferson could play outside, but hadn't done it much in college by default. He looks good on the outside now though so his skills translated out there. 

Also, does this draft offer an equivalent CB to either Gilmore or Lattimore? I don't see one, do you?