Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

Jefferson and Jeudy were the most polished wrs coming out this past draft. Howie blew it 2 years in a row

32 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Also, does this draft offer an equivalent CB to either Gilmore or Lattimore? I don't see one, do you? 

How will we know until we see them play? Gilmore didn't make his 1st Pro Bowl until his 5th year. Lattimore has gotten better each season. Honestly, I'm not sure this draft will have a lot of polished players ready to start on day 1 at any of the positions. This is not College FB's finest year. It just seems from this thread that a lot of fans here have developed a man-crush on Chase. He was definitely productive last year, but after a year of no football, no game refining, who knows what his rookie year will be like assuming he comes out? 

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

How will we know until we see them play? Gilmore didn't make his 1st Pro Bowl until his 5th year. Lattimore has gotten better each season. Honestly, I'm not sure this draft will have a lot of polished players ready to start on day 1 at any of the positions. This is not College FB's finest year. It just seems from this thread that a lot of fans here have developed a man-crush on Chase. He was definitely productive last year, but after a year of no football, no game refining, who knows what his rookie year will be like assuming he comes out? 

We really don't know with any genuine degree of certainty what any of them will be. I simply believe at this time that Chase is a better prospect and will be more impactful at WR, than any of the CB prospects are going to be at CB. I think there's an elite CB prospect coming out the following year in Derek Stingley JR. I hope the Eagles get him in 2022.

Picking at 9th overall if the season ended today. I’m fine with either Chase or Smith at this point...

Really torn.  Was so damn happy to beat those cocky punks from NO but really want to be in position to draft Chase.  I think he'd add so much to our offense - he'd fill a huge need.  

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Really torn.  Was so damn happy to beat those cocky punks from NO but really want to be in position to draft Chase.  I think he'd add so much to our offense - he'd fill a huge need.  

You know what really worries me?!

This team winning their next 3 games, missing the play-offs nonetheless, as a result winding up with a pick between 14 and 18, missing out on all the top prospects and Howie still in charge trying to outsmart everyone by taking a guy we could have had late in the first/early in the second.

9 or lower is good! Lose at least two out of three and hope the Falcons, Lions, Bengals, Chargers or Panthers win two out of three and we’re good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ray75 said:

You know what really worries me?!

This team winning their next 3 games, missing the play-offs nonetheless, as a result winding up with a pick between 14 and 18, missing out on all the top prospects and Howie still in charge trying to outsmart everyone by taking a guy we could have had late in the first/early in the second.

9 or lower is good! Lose at least two out of three and hope the Falcons, Lions, Bengals, Chargers or Panthers win two out of three and we’re good.

I think at 7-8-1 the Eagles win the division; WFT would need to beat SEA to get to 8 wins without beating the Eagles.  The Giants aren’t going from 1-7 to 8-8.

Having said that, I doubt the Eagles win in Arizona because the Cardinals need the win badly to stay in playoff contention, the Eagles D usually doesn’t show up on the road, and if they’re without Slay, the Eagles have no secondary at all now that McLeod is gone — he is a big loss.  My guess right now is L to ARI and WFT, while they beat DAL to finish 5-10-1

The #9 pick is where the Eagles will end up IMO 

51 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I think at 7-8-1 the Eagles win the division; WFT would need to beat SEA to get to 8 wins without beating the Eagles.  The Giants aren’t going from 1-7 to 8-8.

Having said that, I doubt the Eagles win in Arizona because the Cardinals need the win badly to stay in playoff contention, the Eagles D usually doesn’t show up on the road, and if they’re without Slay, the Eagles have no secondary at all now that McLeod is gone — he is a big loss.  My guess right now is L to ARI and WFT, while they beat DAL to finish 5-10-1

The #9 pick is where the Eagles will end up IMO 

I hope so.

If you look at the teams likely picking in front of us, most probably won’t go receiver.

We all know what the Jets, Jags and Bengals are going to do.

Chargers need OL help, could use a pass rusher with Ingrim heading to FA, need a CB but could potential go WR with Mike Williams heading to FA.

Panthers, Falcons and Cowboys likely won’t go WR but Miami might.

It’s too early in the proces but I’d be stunned if both Chase and Smith are off the board when we’re on the clock at 9. Heck, they might both be available if the Chargers take a pass rusher, CB or trade out of that spot and Miami goes pass rusher or Parsons with their Texans pick.

7 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

I hope so.

If you look at the teams likely picking in front of us, most probably won’t go receiver.

We all know what the Jets, Jags and Bengals are going to do.

Chargers need OL help, could use a pass rusher Ingrim heading to FA, need a CB but could potential go WR with Mike Williams heading to FA.

Panthers, Falcons and Cowboys likely won’t go WR but Miami might.

It’s too early in the proces but I’d be stunned if both Chase and Smith are off the board when we’re on the clock at 9. Heck, they might both be available in the Chargers take a pass rusher, CB or trade out of that spot and Miami goes pass rusher or Parsons with the pick.

True, and you might see 2 other teams trading into the top 10 for a QB.  Hard to imagine 4 QB picks in the top 10, but the board actually sets up for it right now

SF, DEN, and CHI are sitting 12, 13, and 15 and all need a new QB.  You could see both Zach Wilson and Trey Lance go in the top 15 — those teams might be tempted to trade up so they don’t miss out on their guy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

True, and you might see 2 other teams trading into the top 10 for a QB.  Hard to imagine 4 QB picks in the top 10, but the board actually sets up for it right now

SF, DEN, and CHI are sitting 12, 13, and 15 and all need a new QB.  You could see both Zach Wilson and Trey Lance go in the top 15 — those teams might be tempted to trade up so they don’t miss out on their guy.

BD80BD07-BFCE-4932-8316-C7DEAF343944.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

BD80BD07-BFCE-4932-8316-C7DEAF343944.jpeg

Reading your post again, it’s very likely MIA would draft DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle to reunite with Tua 

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Reading your post again, it’s very likely MIA would draft DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle to reunite with Tua 

Was thinking the same thing. At 9 we still have a shot at Chase. Heck, if the Chargers pass on a Him, trade up two spots to jump the Dolphins to secure him.

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Was thinking the same thing. At 9 we still have a shot at Chase. Heck, if the Chargers pass on a Him, trade up two spots to jump the Dolphins to secure him.

I'm not sure we can move up this year. I mean my god this roster is so devoid of talent. So in need of top young players that I'm not sure we can give up picks to move up? But then to get Chase I mean that's very tempting. 

48 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure we can move up this year. I mean my god this roster is so devoid of talent. So in need of top young players that I'm not sure we can give up picks to move up? But then to get Chase I mean that's very tempting. 

Let’s assume we’ll trade a couple of players ourselves, we’d only give up, say, the 4th we got in return for Ertz? to jump one or two teams to get him. Isn’t that worth it?!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Let’s assume we’ll trade a couple of players ourselves, we’d only give up, say, the 4th we got in return for Ertz? to jump one or two teams to get him. Isn’t that worth it?!

Oh that's absolutely worth it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I would not trade Ertz for a fourth. That is so disrespectful for one of the best TEs of the decade.

That said, I personally would pick Smith and Waddle over Chase.

8 hours ago, Infam said:

I would not trade Ertz for a fourth. That is so disrespectful for one of the best TEs of the decade.

Holding on to veterans too long and kicking the can down the road on their contracts has gotten us in this awful cap situation to begin with.

Second; he showed his true colors this year when he didn’t get a new contract. 

Something’s gotta give. You don’t have the money to pay him, he’s rapidly declining,, you have Goedert waiting in the wings who’s up for a new contract in 2022 himself, you’re not good at playing 12 personel and teams already showed interest in him around the deadline.

How painful it might be, sometimes it’s better to say goodbye and in the proces hopefully get something back in return. Won’t be more than a late 3rd or a 4th though after having the worst season in his career.

I don’t get your dislike of Chase. That kid was handsdown the best receiver in college football last year and it was not even close. Tough as nails, very physical, catches everything you throw at him, very dangerous with the ball in his hands, good route runner, smoked the best DB’s in the country, is about 25 lbs heavier than Smith. Tell me what’s not to like?!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ray75 said:

If this is the deal, then this better be their reaction to the podium.  

Forrest Gump (1994) - Running scene ('Run Forrest, Run' #3) [1080] on Make  a GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Luke Skywalker No GIF - LukeSkywalker No StarWars - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, Infam said:

You can make a case for Smith. I personally dont see the case for Waddle. Waddle is a great talent but ya

7 hours ago, Ray75 said:

How painful it might be, sometimes it’s better to say goodbye and in the proces hopefully get something back in return. Won’t be more than a late 3rd or a 4th though after having the worst season in his career.

Not for a fourth.

7 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I don’t get your dislike of Chase. That kid was handsdown the best receiver in college football last year and it was not even close. Tough as nails, very physical, catches everything you throw at him, very dangerous with the ball in his hands, good route runner, smoked the best DB’s in the country, is about 25 lbs heavier than Smith. Tell me what’s not to like?!

He is slow, and I don't like the way he catches the ball. Yes he looked good fighting for the ball, but that is just the kind of thing that doesn't translate well most of the times.

I don't see how a top10 pick is justified for a guy like this. Rather have a WR that can really run.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infam said:

Not for a fourth.

He is slow, and I don't like the way he catches the ball. Yes he looked good fighting for the ball, but that is just the kind of thing that doesn't translate well most of the times.

I don't see how a top10 pick is justified for a guy like this. Rather have a WR that can really run.

See my new mock. You might like some of it...