Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

Someone else carry the countdown mantle, I'm too demoralized with this team to continue, and yesterday killed any excitement I have for the draft, I'm probably not even gonna watch it

On 1/22/2021 at 2:30 PM, rrfierce said:

I wonder if sirianni wanted some draft input. If it was me it would be one of my demands. 

And Howie would show you the door. he will NEVER voluntarily give up total control over player evaluations and selections. He'd never agree to it. Oh and if Lurie forced it like with Chip, Howie would work incessantly to oust whoever was there like with Chip. Now Chip made it easy because he's a dooosh, but Howie is still gonna Howie no matter what.

If it were me, I'd pass on the job but politely tell Jeffrey Lurie that as long as Howie is employed there, I can't be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

If it were me, I'd pass on the job but politely tell Jeffrey Lurie that as long as Howie is employed there, I can't be. 

You'd be polite about it? That's more than I can do. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 9:51 PM, Jenkins27 said:

If we end up with a top 5, maybe 10 pick, we'll have a shot. Hopefully that's not the case tho and we turn it around. He's a good player.

He's a good player is where I leave it with Chase.

Take a look at what all-world Davante Adams did during the playoffs, 46, 66, and 67 yards, that's what I see from Chase because he, like Adams, aren't bona fide deep threats.

When the playoffs roll around you want guys can go deep, the Chiefs have 2, that's why they're such a good team, the best deep threat in the draft is Scary Terry. 

I say hell no to Chase.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

He's a good player is where I leave it with Chase.

Take a look at what all-world Davante Adams did during the playoffs, 46, 66, and 67 yards, that's what I see from Chase because he, like Adams, aren't bona fide deep threats.

When the playoffs roll around you want guys can go deep, the Chiefs have 2, that's why they're such a good team, the best deep threat in the draft is Scary Terry. 

I say hell no to Chase.

We have a deep threat if used properly opposite him if chosen in Reagor. 

12 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

We have a deep threat if used properly opposite him if chosen in Reagor. 

Yes we do have a deep threat but it's not Reagor, it's Watkins who the Eagles didn't have enough sense to put on the field.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Yes we do have a deep threat but it's not Reagor, it's Watkins who the Eagles didn't have enough sense to put on the field.

Either way we have a deep threat. If Hightower learns to catch we may have 3! 

10 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Either way we have a deep threat. If Hightower learns to catch we may have 3! 

I don't think Hightower is a bona fide deep threat, hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

The reason the chiefs are in back to back SBs is because of their qb. Not because they have a bunch of fast midgets. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

The reason the chiefs are in back to back SBs is because of their qb. Not because they have a bunch of fast midgets. 

They also have very good coaching.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

8 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

They also have very good coaching.

And really good lines on both sides and a stud TE.

• Like 1

Chase is the WR to get. Swap with the Fins if you must but this kid is for real.

Watched LSU vs. Alabama from last year. If you have means, watch it. Tell me what you think about Ja'Marr's complete lack of interest in blocking for CEH in it. It's not an opinion, he just didn't do it. 

I don't know if Treyvon Diggs literally punching him repeatedly coming off the line wore on him or what, but I did not notice that in real time last year. If I'm spending 6 on him, it's a legitimate question and I'm asking it. What the heck was up with you in this game? It's a pretty big game. 

Anyway, still would be one of the few I'd have in the convo at 6. 

Started watching Kyle Pitts. He's there too. Just insanity. Knew that coming in, but watching him closer is a laugh riot. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Watched LSU vs. Alabama from last year. If you have means, watch it. Tell me what you think about Ja'Marr's complete lack of interest in blocking for CEH in it. It's not an opinion, he just didn't do it. 

I don't know if Treyvon Diggs literally punching him repeatedly coming off the line wore on him or what, but I did not notice that in real time last year. If I'm spending 6 on him, it's a legitimate question and I'm asking it. What the heck was up with you in this game? It's a pretty big game. 

Started watching Kyle Pitts. He's there too. Just insanity. Knew that coming in, but watching him closer is a laugh riot. 

You're not the first to write that Chase is taking plays off and looks disinterested from time to time, couldn't find that article again though.

Well that, and he is slow! (Just messing with you now...) 😁

On 1/29/2021 at 2:08 AM, stinkfist said:

I noticed it too and I'm clearly on team Chase. Maybe Diggs who was a senior was affecting Chase who was a sophomore. I'm not sure if that was it or not but the age difference at that level can sometimes be a factor. Chase still had 6 catches for 140 yards and a TD in that game, so if that's what he does with a half-asssed effort, that's not too bad. It still needs correction though.

I went and looked at some other games too, and saw better effort from him. Look at the big game vs. Clemson, the Auburn, Mississippi, and the Vanderbilt massacre game and I think you'll see more focus from him. My opinion of him is based on performance not personality. I don't know anything about him really, other than there's nothing out there that I can find, which says that he's a big time trouble maker. If all he needs is a kick in the pants now and then to stay focused, I think pro coaches can handle it. If he's actually an uncoachable turd of a person, or an off the field trouble maker, then and only then would I say pass on him. Otherwise, I think he's the best WR in the draft and compared to older kids in recent drafts, I think he's among the best there too. Given the way this draft looks to me, he's my target in the 1st round.