Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

13 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Yeah, I agree. I've warmed up to the idea of Pitts since I wrote that. 

13 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Agreed. Let's focus on BPA at 6 which could end up being Pitts.

Previously I was keen on drafting a defensive player but have also changed my mind. But it seems either Chase or Pitts will be there at 6 hopefully and we should take either one. Gives Hurts a legitimate offense to work with so we can see what we have with him. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I like Chase, but no way should we give up our second to get him. Just take Pitts at 6 if Chase goes at 3. This team has holes all over the place. Only way we should be giving up that high second is if we somehow have a shot at Lawrence (we don't)

Trust me, the Eagles will not give up picks to move up for any player in the first round unless its a QB. Esp not a WR. We are in a rebuild, you dont have success in a rebuild giving away top round picks to move up a few spots for a WR. They will stay at 6 or move back. i dont see them moving up at all. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ideal scenario would be for both Chase and Pitts to be there at 6, and then trade back a couple spots with Carolina to get an extra pick, and still land either of those two targets. 

No clue what the trade value to move two spots up to 6 would be for carolina but the extra pick would be big if it means we can be assured to land either Pitts or Chase at 8. Maybe it’s only a third, but that’s more ammo to trade up into the second if they have a shot at Cisco, for example, who I think may be gone before pick 6 of the third round. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Ideal scenario would be for both Chase and Pitts to be there at 6, and then trade back a couple spots with Carolina to get an extra pick, and still land either of those two targets. 

That would have been ideal until the report came out about Lurie wanting the team to build around Hurts. I'm not sure many teams think we are seriously considering QB now and so teams behind us likely won't trade up with us if they want a QB.

It's been reported that chase has previously run a 4.4 forty time at LSU. (some believe he is slower than that) I can't wait to see his 40 time at his Pro Day. It appears they are running the same drills on Pro Day as they would for the Combine. 

On 2/13/2021 at 3:18 PM, EagleVA said:

AR is not a good coach at all.......AT ALL!!

The dumb sheet didn't have enough sense to run the ball during the SB when the Bucs was playing the deep ball all game long.

AR is as dumb as he's always been, he's just fortunate that the Chiefs took away his personnel powers and surrounded him with talent.

If  Lurie had enough sense to take away Howie's personnel powers the Eagles would be fine, until he does he's a dumb sheet also.

I guess you will feel the same way, when AR is inducted into the Hall of Fame. That's where he's headed. But yeah, he sucks.

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

I guess you will feel the same way, when AR is inducted into the Hall of Fame. That's where he's headed. But yeah, he sucks.

How quickly we forget.

The fact that the Eagles put a offer in for Juju tells me that there is a good possibility they do not want to go WR at #6 in the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

The fact that the Eagles put a offer in for Juju tells me that there is a good possibility they do not want to go WR at #6 in the draft.

Hopefully the free agent WRs all spur the Eagles, forcing their hand at 6 to take a WR 😁

I bet they're in on Kenny Golladay as well, but I don't see him picking the Eagles over the Dolphins, or even the Giants who can offer more $$ than we can.

Starting to have an eerie feeling that QB at 6 is a very likely possibility. This team hasn't used a pick that high on a WR or TE in a long time (in 1984 they used the 4th overall pick on WR Kenny Jackson from Penn State and in 1973 they used the 6th overall pick on TE Charle Young from USC).

QB, OL, and DL are the premium positions addressed with top 10 selections under this front office. We the fans may be clamoring for Chase/Smith/Pitts at 6, but they're probably debating Sewell/Fields/Lance at 6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Literally just told my son the same thing. If Juju would have happened, highly doubt we would still take a WR at 6. BUT, I think Hurts is still our guy .

• Sad 1

The only positive for those that want Chase (including myself) is that one of his direct comparisons is Juju (with more potential). this could be a negative because now teams know who the eagles may target at #6 if they want a WR.

I am now under the impression that the Eagles will want a QB or OL at 6 or they will trade down. I hope I am wrong. I think the 4 names on the Eagles wish list should be Sewell/Chase/Smith/Pitts in that order imo.

8 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

The only positive for those that want Chase (including myself) is that one of his direct comparisons is Juju (with more potential). this could be a negative because now teams know who the eagles may target at #6 if they want a WR.

I am now under the impression that the Eagles will want a QB or OL at 6 or they will trade down. I hope I am wrong. I think the 4 names on the Eagles wish list should be Sewell/Chase/Smith/Pitts in that order imo.

Sewell/Pitts/Chase. Gotta be one of those three or a small trade down. 

On 3/20/2021 at 12:24 AM, Outlaw said:

Sewell/Pitts/Chase. Gotta be one of those three or a small trade down. 

Sewell/Chase/Pitts is the order I would go with, but its just semantics 

If he doesn't record at least 4.40 at the Pro Day, he's not worth a 6th pick, we should just trade down and get more picks. 

32 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

49ers moving up to #3. Hopefully that means Chase falls to us.

Sorry guys. I jinxed it

FB_IMG_1616780641502.jpg

• Haha 1