If you had your choice

Who would you fire  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you fire

I'd fire Howie no doubt about it. 

Admittedly that's a hard one as we'd have to keep Wentz for another 2 years. But we can make him the back up right? 😁

• Like 1

Howie needs to go. His supposed strength was cap management and even our cap is screwed up. The drafts have been bad.  Then, he decides a 2nd round QB was more valuable than a piece that could help us immediately. And, he celebrated that draft pick like he had won the Super Bowl. 

• Like 3

I'd fire Howie. Usually you fire the GM the coach goes with them. 2 birds with one stone

• Like 2

I just think big picture it has to be Howie first. Because this team needs to start rebuilding ASAP. The sooner that rebuild starts the sooner we can start to look to the future and be hopeful. 

• Like 1

Just now, T-1000 said:

Easy answer, Wentz. He hasn't won anything. At least the other two won a SB without him.

Howie lucked in to that though let's be honest. I mean at this point I think Doug did too. But I'm more willing to give Doug time. Howie just has to go. His time is up. 

• Like 2

Howie should be fired already. He built this smoldering pile of crap. Look at his draft picks, his trades, FA signings and keep signing old has beens like Peters. Does anyone trust him to rebuild this team with his record on personnel? I sure as hell don't. Wentz has been awfull this season but do you really expect any other QB to be winning with this team as built. Same with Doug, his play calling is crap and his decision making is crap but he's been handed a crap roster. This is all on Howie at this point!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I'd fire Howie. Usually you fire the GM the coach goes with them. 2 birds with one stone

Pun intended?

• Like 2

If Doug stays it comes with conditions. Hire a young creative offensive coordinator and give up play calling. Also need to fire and hire a new defensive coordinator. If he says NO they fire Doug. 

• Like 1

Just now, phil77 said:

If Doug stays it comes with conditions. Hire a young creative offensive coordinator and give up play calling. Also need to fire and hire a new defensive coordinator. If he says NO they fire Doug. 

I don't think he would accept that. He wants to coach this team his way. He wants to call the plays and do things his way. I'm not sure that he would stay under those conditions. 

2 minutes ago, phil77 said:

I'm starting to think Doug does need his play calling taken away

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think he would accept that. He wants to coach this team his way. He wants to call the plays and do things his way. I'm not sure that he would stay under those conditions. 

Then I would say don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Simply can’t run it back. The coaching staff is old and stale.  

Just now, phil77 said:

Then I would say don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Simply can’t run it back. The coaching staff is old and stale.  

If you're placing stipulations on your HC then you don't have the right guy and you should just part ways. 

Howie maybe able to pull us out of cap hell, that's his only upside...

Doug has won a SB, so he gets at least 1 more year 

Carson has yet to win a playoff game and continues to regress week in and week out...

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

Howie maybe able to pull us out of cap hell, that's his only upside...

Doug has won a SB, so he gets at least 1 more year 

Carson has yet to win a playoff game and continues to regress week in and week out...

Howie has created this cap hell. Let's stop hailing him as this cap messiah. He's kicked the can down the road and that's lead to this situation. 

• Like 2

Howie no doubt. He nailed free agency one time, but is crap otherwise. I’m slipping on the other two, but I’d at least like to give them every opportunity with someone who can provide better talent. 

• Like 1

The options aren’t realistic for Wentz. We can’t trade him if he is playing this bad nobody will trade for him on that contract. I think due to his contract he can’t be let go until the end of next season. So wentz will have this year and next year. If he is struggling half way throw next year I can see him getting benched then and then let go after that. 

• Like 1

Just now, phil77 said:

The options aren’t realistic for Wentz. We can’t trade him if he is playing this bad nobody will trade for him on that contract. I think due to his contract he can’t be let go until the end of next season. So wentz will have this year and next year. If he is struggling half way throw next year I can see him getting benched then and then let go after that. 

I think this is spot on. Wentz isn't going to be benched this year and he'll be the starter next year too. By the middle of next year if things are no better then I think they'll bench him and look to move on. 

Howie - missed draft picks, created an upcoming cap hell only to field out an old, injury-prone and sub-par talented team who are probably picking top 5 / top 10 next year

• Like 1