Week 4 Injury Tracker

time2rock

A little late getting to this.  Already reported (and posted here on the EMB) that Goedert has a fractured ankle and was placed on IR.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/29/dallas-goedert-has-fractured-ankle/

Also, we've opened the 21-day practice window on WR Quez Watkins, so his return could potentially be just around the corner.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/29/eagles-sign-hakeem-butler-make-him-a-tight-end/

Also reported in 2nd link is that DJax is day to day with a hamstring and Maddox is expected to miss some time with an ankle injury.  

At this point I say F it, get Watkins in the field when he’s ready, Reagor back from the injury in a couple weeks, and keep rolling with Hightower over JJAW. See what the three rookies have got. 

Hopefully with Hurts throwing to them eventually. 

6 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Any news if Alshon is ready?

I suppose we find out more tomorrow. He was on the practice field last week. It seems like he's trending up.

• Like 1

Just now, nipples said:

At this point I say F it, get Watkins in the field when he’s ready, Reagor back from the injury in a couple weeks, and keep rolling with Hightower over JJAW. See what the three rookies have got. 

This was what I wanted from day one. I don't want to see Alshon back. Why? Because there is literally zero point. The only possible point is if they can generate some trade value but to be honest I don't see any team giving anything up to get him. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Well best case scenario is for Wentz to find his way out of this funk and get back to the level he has played at in the past - doesn't have to be 2017 good but the final 4 games to end the 2019 season would work.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Well best case scenario is for Wentz to find his way out of this funk and get back to the level he has played at in the past - doesn't have to be 2017 good but the final 4 games to end the 2019 season would work.  

Yeah of course but I have given up all hope of that happening. Even if he got back to what he was doing end of last year for a stretch of games it wouldn’t convince me unless he did it for the entire rest of the season and next. He’s just been so erratic outside of 2017. Some good games, and some absolutely awful games. 

However even in his good games, the glaring issues with his mechanics have been there. That is what has me out on him now. By year 5 he has yet to fix his very broken mechanics that he has had since his rookie season. It almost seems like he doesn’t even acknowledge that he has had these weaknesses and therefore hasn’t worked on fixing them. 

21 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah of course but I have given up all hope of that happening. Even if he got back to what he was doing end of last year for a stretch of games it wouldn’t convince me unless he did it for the entire rest of the season and next. He’s just been so erratic outside of 2017. Some good games, and some absolutely awful games. 

However even in his good games, the glaring issues with his mechanics have been there. That is what has me out on him now. By year 5 he has yet to fix his very broken mechanics that he has had since his rookie season. It almost seems like he doesn’t even acknowledge that he has had these weaknesses and therefore hasn’t worked on fixing them. 

I'm definitely not arguing any of those points - they are all legit.  I meant because Howie hitched our wagon to him it is in our best interest that he gets back to playing "good enough" such that we'd be able to deal him when we finally are able to move on from him (2023 is likely the earliest due to the cap ramifications).  However, you never know - Howie gets canned, we find a GM that has a good track record of identifying talent, and blow up the coaching staff and get someone respectable in to work with Wentz - there may still be hope of turning back into a top 10 QB.  I just don't see that happening under Taylor.  

Anyway, kinda going off topic here since this thread is intended to discuss injury status of players in advance of this Sunday night's game.  

39 minutes ago, time2rock said:

And now the Eagles make it official by placing Reagor on IR:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/30/eagles-put-jalen-reagor-on-injured-reserve/

Well, that combined with opening the 21 day practice window for Watkins tells me we should get a good look at him very soon. 

28 minutes ago, nipples said:

Well, that combined with opening the 21 day practice window for Watkins tells me we should get a good look at him very soon. 

Not sure what to expect from him.  Hightower seems like the better prospect and hasn't been able to do anything yet.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Not sure what to expect from him.  Hightower seems like the better prospect and hasn't been able to do anything yet.  

I think Hightower has gotten better since week 1. Couple catches last week and was WIDE OPEN downfield against the Bengals on a play where Wentz instead threw a short pass at Ward’s cleats. 

The list is longer than my kids wishlist for Christmas. Dang!!

FB_IMG_1601501579192.jpg

If Williams cannot get healthy in time who plays CB2?  

Source: Philadelphia Eagles FB page

40 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

The list is longer than my kids wishlist for Christmas. Dang!!

FB_IMG_1601501579192.jpg

If Williams cannot get healthy in time who plays CB2?  

Source: Philadelphia Eagles FB page

Oh no JJAW might not be able to go!!  :o

Who TF is going to step up and replace his 0 catches/0 yds?!?!

:P

Time to call grilled cheese up from the practice squad!  

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 3:56 PM, Portyansky said:

Any news if Alshon is ready?

Didn’t practice today. I doubt he plays. My guess is he has a shot their next home game? 

On 9/29/2020 at 1:05 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This was what I wanted from day one. I don't want to see Alshon back. Why? Because there is literally zero point. The only possible point is if they can generate some trade value but to be honest I don't see any team giving anything up to get him. 

Would you rather see the Eagles win games from here on out or lose games from here on out?

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Didn’t practice today. I doubt he plays. My guess is he has a shot their next home game? 

I saw him and Watkins at practice 

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Would you rather see the Eagles win games from here on out or lose games from here on out?

If the Eagles can recover to win... 12 of their last 13 games then I want them to win. But if they are going to only win 4/5 games? Well that does them no good. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If the Eagles can recover to win... 12 of their last 13 games then I want them to win. But if they are going to only win 4/5 games? Well that does them no good. 

We are winless after 3 games. History suggests our postseason chances are low. Mathematically, we are not even close to being out of it. In fact, we are only half a game out of first place in our division despite our terrible start. You say there is "no point" in starting Jeffery. To me, the point is to win. It's not too late to salvage the season. 

Of course, we could always quit on the season. That sends a very positive message to the young players we hope to build the team around in the future. We can evaluate the young WR talent while our QB is in a funk, playing his worst football. 

I say get Wentz his favorite WR back into the games. Hopefully, Doug balances the run/pass ratio to take some pressure off the passing game. Then we should see our passing difficulties go away, which in turn will help us groom the younger guys when they come into the game. Playing to win games also brings the team together. Tanking or "giving up" only adds to future problems. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well you know we aren't winning 12 of 13.  I see this team potentially winning 6 games.  I know the argument regarding draft position, but I'd sooner see us winning 6 than losing out ... a losing culture is something we need to try to avoid as much as possible.  

It will be interesting to see every ones original standing predictions and what they feel now, lol. I said 7-8 win range. I think still close but more in the 5 to 6 win range. Love to hear from the guys who thought we were a 10+ win team to start the season, lol. Some drank too much of the green juice over being realistic.