Week 4 Injury Tracker

time2rock

10 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I saw him and Watkins at practice 

I heard on the radio he didn’t practice yesterday along with like 10 other players. How did you see him practicing? 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

We are winless after 3 games. History suggests our postseason chances are low. Mathematically, we are not even close to being out of it. In fact, we are only half a game out of first place in our division despite our terrible start. You say there is "no point" in starting Jeffery. To me, the point is to win. It's not too late to salvage the season. 

Of course, we could always quit on the season. That sends a very positive message to the young players we hope to build the team around in the future. We can evaluate the young WR talent while our QB is in a funk, playing his worst football. 

Turn this around? Salvage the season? To what extend? To what purpose?

I am not advocating losing out, not for a second.That's a bad habit to get in and not a way to attract talent in future years. But salvage this season? What so win 6 games and get in to the play offs? To lose the first game in the play offs but once again end up with a bottom half of the draft pick? And once again give the impression that we don't need major changes? That we aren't too far away and Howie can stay? I am absolutely not down for that.

23 hours ago, time2rock said:

Not sure what to expect from him.  Hightower seems like the better prospect and hasn't been able to do anything yet.  

From my perspective Hightower is a better runner with the ball in his hands but Watkins is a better deep threat.

So basically even if Watkins doesn't have a lot of receptions he'll create more space for those underneath pass routes, he'll likely draw double coverage if he can get off the line when defended by physical corners.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Turn this around? Salvage the season? To what extend? To what purpose?

I am not advocating losing out, not for a second.That's a bad habit to get in and not a way to attract talent in future years. But salvage this season? What so win 6 games and get in to the play offs? To lose the first game in the play offs but once again end up with a bottom half of the draft pick? And once again give the impression that we don't need major changes? That we aren't too far away and Howie can stay? I am absolutely not down for that.

So if we turned this around, got on the winning track, improved a little every week, managed to get into the playoffs (even something like last year where it comes down to the last week and winning the division) and then played our best football and won at least our first postseason game, you wouldn't think that Howie should stay at that point?  I mean ... is it more important to prove to be right about your criticism of Howie, than to be wrong and see some of his players actually become difference makers? 

It's really easy to be disgusted with the 1st 3 weeks. I think we are all in that boat. It just seems like, to me, that most people are just lashing out and demanding that heads roll instead of rooting for things to actually work out. One of the things that made 2017 so special was that week after week the Eagles proved the doubters wrong. 

Another thing to keep in mind is the uncertainty surrounding the 2021 draft class. Teams may very well use  any of the 1st 20 picks in the draft on players that aren't quite immediate impact type players. Folding (and I see you're not advocating that) in order to climb up in the 1st round this year may not be wise. I'd probably prefer to see us trade down and acquire picks for 2022. In conclusion. I want to see our best players playing now and to see the younger guys have work hard to push them for playing time. 

The biggest reason to want them to lose is to force change, mainly fire Howie. The team won't be able to buy another championship with veteran free agents paired with a core of talent drafted by Reid. That was a one-time deal.

They need a real GM. We're back to the Reid years where we can see they are not built to win but they go 7-9 or 8-8 and think just small tweaks are needed. They need to blow up the roster and rebuild...and need a good GM to draft well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

So if we turned this around, got on the winning track, improved a little every week, managed to get into the playoffs (even something like last year where it comes down to the last week and winning the division) and then played our best football and won at least our first postseason game, you wouldn't think that Howie should stay at that point?  I mean ... is it more important to prove to be right about your criticism of Howie, than to be wrong and see some of his players actually become difference makers? 

It isn't about being proven right. I don't need to be proven right about Howie. He's been terrible at drafting and that is impacting on the future of this team. I don't really see why you are defending him or suggesting he should be given more time?

He isn't a good GM bar one good off season. 

If he had drafted better, if he had made better decisions then we wouldn't be in this position. His draft picks have pretty much all been busts. As a result he's had to retain older players on big contracts. He's seen as a cap genius but actually all he's done is kick the issue down the road until it bites us. I'm not sure what you are defending at this point?

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It isn't about being proven right. I don't need to be proven right about Howie. He's been terrible at drafting and that is impacting on the future of this team. I don't really see why you are defending him or suggesting he should be given more time?

He isn't a good GM bar one good off season. 

If he had drafted better, if he had made better decisions then we wouldn't be in this position. His draft picks have pretty much all been busts. As a result he's had to retain older players on big contracts. He's seen as a cap genius but actually all he's done is kick the issue down the road until it bites us. I'm not sure what you are defending at this point?

We "wouldn't be in this position" If Doug does things differently. We wouldn't have entered the season so unprepared if Doug wasn't so cautious during training camp. We wouldn't be in this position if Doug made adjustments on the fly in games based on what is working and what's hurting. Heck ... we may not be (completely) in this position if Doug doesn't punt on our last play in overtime. 

I'm not saying we're a perfect team. I'm also not saying there's a perfect team out there. I'm saying that we had things happen in each game that came down to coaching decisions and we've made the wrong ones. When you see a player struggling, there are ways to help that player.  When you see a phase of the offense hurting you and another phase is helping, the answer is obvious. 

You keep coming back to Howie over and over. His draft picks have pretty much all been busts? You aren't even waiting to see how many of them turn out. You're just pronouncing them "busts" as an overreaction to what's going on. You complain about old players, but never seem to consider their impact. Brandon Graham, for example, is still playing his best football and all you see here is people griping about that. Barnett is a bust here, but so far he has 2 sacks in 2 games. Are Sanders and Goedert busts? How's Sweat coming along?  WE drafted Wentz, Seumalo, Vaitai, and Mills in 2016. Of course they're all busts to you since we are winless after 3 weeks. We , like most teams, have missed on some players, but some of the guys we've drafted need time and, around here, that makes them "busts."

23 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

It will be interesting to see every ones original standing predictions and what they feel now, lol. I said 7-8 win range. I think still close but more in the 5 to 6 win range. Love to hear from the guys who thought we were a 10+ win team to start the season, lol. Some drank too much of the green juice over being realistic. 

Some do that every year... I typically try to play it safe so I dont get my hopes dashed if they under-achieve, and I am pleasantly surprised if they do well. I was an 8-9 win guy, I have not moved from that yet but they need a win soon.

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

You keep coming back to Howie over and over. His draft picks have pretty much all been busts? You aren't even waiting to see how many of them turn out. You're just pronouncing them "busts" as an overreaction to what's going on.

What?

Barnett may not be on this team after this year. He was drafted in 2017 and really hasn't been what we'd hope for a first round pick. 

Hollins, Jones, Douglas, Pumphrey, Miller, Thornton, Gibson, Qualls, Smallwood, Countess, McAlistair, Walker are all gone.

They let Hicks go, OK he got a good contract elsewhere but perhaps a better move would have been to keep him? Same with KGH.

Vaitai turned out to be a pretty good pick but he's gone. OK he got a good contract but he may have stayed if we hadn't wasted so much cap space on other dud moves. 

JJAW very likely goes after this year. There are question marks over Dillard. Gerry is just completely useless. 

Sure you will no doubt point out that a lot of those are mid to late round picks. But to build a successful roster you have to hit on some from time to time. Howie doesn't hit on any. He's a bad GM end of. 

So do we seriously only have three healthy CBs? Could legitimately go into the game Sunday with Slay, then two nickel cbs with NRC and LeBlanc. That’s awful. 

As much as I dislike Mills and don’t think he should be a starter, the best move might be to shift him back over to corner and start Wallace at safety. 

21 minutes ago, nipples said:

So do we seriously only have three healthy CBs? Could legitimately go into the game Sunday with Slay, then two nickel cbs with NRC and LeBlanc. That’s awful. 

As much as I dislike Mills and don’t think he should be a starter, the best move might be to shift him back over to corner and start Wallace at safety. 

Is Williams injured?

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

The biggest reason to want them to lose is to force change, mainly fire Howie. The team won't be able to buy another championship with veteran free agents paired with a core of talent drafted by Reid. That was a one-time deal.

They need a real GM. We're back to the Reid years where we can see they are not built to win but they go 7-9 or 8-8 and think just small tweaks are needed. They need to blow up the roster and rebuild...and need a good GM to draft well.

Would Lurie fire a guy who brought the team their first SB win even if it was 3 years go? Plus they've made the playoffs recently. They squeaked in last year

Lurie may think this is just a bump in the road :sad:

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Would Lurie fire a guy who brought the team their first SB win even if it was 3 years go? Plus they've made the playoffs recently. They squeaked in last year

Lurie may think this is just a bump in the road :sad:

Probably not. We've got a couple more years at least, and a couple more scapegoats and excuses.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Is Williams injured?

Yup. I dont think he is playing on Sunday as he did not practice again today.  So maybe LeBlanc starts at CB2 and NRC at nickel.. Who knows. 

13 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Yup. I dont think he is playing on Sunday as he did not practice again today.  So maybe LeBlanc starts at CB2 and NRC at nickel.. Who knows. 

Sounds like a horrible situation. Neither LeBlanc or NRC can play outside. Move mills and start Wallace at safety

8 minutes ago, nipples said:

Sounds like a horrible situation. Neither LeBlanc or NRC can play outside. Move mills and start Wallace at safety

Yup.  Absolutely.  That has to be the best possible option.  Lets see what the kids got at S.  I guess the only equalizer is that the niners are banged up worse than us but they do have Kittle.  So he will surely kill us with Gerry covering him.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What?

Barnett may not be on this team after this year. He was drafted in 2017 and really hasn't been what we'd hope for a first round pick. 

Hollins, Jones, Douglas, Pumphrey, Miller, Thornton, Gibson, Qualls, Smallwood, Countess, McAlistair, Walker are all gone.

They let Hicks go, OK he got a good contract elsewhere but perhaps a better move would have been to keep him? Same with KGH.

Vaitai turned out to be a pretty good pick but he's gone. OK he got a good contract but he may have stayed if we hadn't wasted so much cap space on other dud moves. 

JJAW very likely goes after this year. There are question marks over Dillard. Gerry is just completely useless. 

Sure you will no doubt point out that a lot of those are mid to late round picks. But to build a successful roster you have to hit on some from time to time. Howie doesn't hit on any. He's a bad GM end of. 

You are completely entitled to your opinion. Just don't expect me to share your overreactions. Don't pretend to be all surprised because I don't jump on all the hate trains this board comes up with.  

Let's examine some of the picks you listed:

Barnett: It's the "hip" thing to do right now to pile on Barnett as a bust because he isn't breaking Reggie White's records as an Eagle. He's not Reggie White. He's not as big or as fast or as special. At worst, Barnett is a very solid starter that can rush the passer and hold his ground vs the run. He's had to deal with a few injuries (nothing major), but it could be argued they have hindered his progress somewhat. Regardless, he has 2 sacks in 2 games played. It's not a bad start and hopefully we see more of that from him all year. 

Hollins: Graded high in college on ST and had nice size and speed to play WR in the NFL. I have no idea why Wentz completely ignores some WRs. He may see sooner than us when they are making the wrong read. Obviously they aren't always getting open either. But I do think Wentz is partly to blame for not trying to get everybody (he has to work with) involved each week. Hollins still showed promise his rookie year and was an important player on ST. I think it's safe to say that we have had more than enough players that thrive on ST lately and need more people to step up when we need depth on offense or defense. Hollins didn't seem to be an answer there and we know what happened. 

Jones: I liked the pick where the Eagles got him. That year, the general consensus heading into the draft was BPA for the Eagles. They were able to land a highly rated player well below  his graded draft slot. Jones never seemed to stay healthy and that combined with waning confidence issues sealed his fate as a bust. 

Douglas: Up and down every year. He had nice size for CB, but didn't seem to be a true fit in Schwartz' system. He managed to stay healthy and available which was a positive, but the Eagles may have mismanaged him more than him actually failing. 

Pumphrey: Too small for the NFL. There's a difference between being short and being small --- the Eagles hopefully learned this. He was productive at his level in college, but this was a wasted pick. There was talk of him supposedly being converted to play in the slot, but that never materialized. 

Miller: Probably wouldn't have seemed so disappointing if he was drafted somewhere after the 4th round. Honestly, I think he was just too raw and he got lost in the numbers. Players like D. Hall (last year) were showing a lot more. 

Thornton: Garbage. It was almost worth a 5th round pick just to have him waste a year of the cowboys' time. 

Gibson: Fulfilled expectations. Expectations were low. 

Qualls: Wasn't close to making this roster with the guys ahead of him. 

Smallwood: Nothing wrong with this pick. Not a bad player. Not a star, either. 

Countess: Didn't make our team, but was a positive contributor elsewhere. 

Walker: Probably exceeded expectations. 

Regardless of where a player is drafted (early or late), the idea is to make the team better. If a player with high expectations comes in and pushes another player at the same position to become a better player, that's a win. Nobody ever talks about that. Obviously, that doesn't always happen, but I think D. Hall was an example of a player motivated by a 4th round rookie draft pick. 

Back to Howie ... Saying Howie "doesn't hit on any" is clearly an exaggeration. There are still quite a few on this team as we speak and their story isn't known yet. Discount them all you like, but that's just pessimistic nonsense at this point. There are examples as well of Howie making good moves in the draft, like leapfrogging dallas to grab Goedert. At times like this where the Eagles are struggling and the board is basically just a big negadelphian circle-jerk, it would be cool to have the old EMB to drag up all the posts criticizing the Mile Sanders pick in 2019 and all the "he's a bust" posts through the 1st 5-7 weeks of last season. 

How did the injury tracker thread turn to discussion over the history of our draft success??  🤔

• Thanks 1

Injury updates:

Status...they are fine and getting rested: Kelce, Sanders

Status...hurting but will play: Johnson, Cox

Status...No one cares: Desean Jackson, Avonte Maddox, Trevor Williams, Rudy Ford

Status...can we downgrade to out, please: Jason Peters, JJAW

Expect the status for each of these players to remain the same for the balance of the season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Back to Howie ... Saying Howie "doesn't hit on any" is clearly an exaggeration. There are still quite a few on this team as we speak and their story isn't known yet. Discount them all you like, but that's just pessimistic nonsense at this point. There are examples as well of Howie making good moves in the draft, like leapfrogging dallas to grab Goedert. At times like this where the Eagles are struggling and the board is basically just a big negadelphian circle-jerk, it would be cool to have the old EMB to drag up all the posts criticizing the Mile Sanders pick in 2019 and all the "he's a bust" posts through the 1st 5-7 weeks of last season. 

A backup TE who can't stay healthy and a 2nd year RB who needs to prove he can shoulder the load.

That's a hell of a greatest hits album.

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

A backup TE who can't stay healthy and a 2nd year RB who needs to prove he can shoulder the load.

That's a hell of a greatest hits album.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/philadelphia-eagles-howie-roseman-executive-of-the-year-2017/1qv2cykgei5ea18t21r0nmo0ar

Magazine_Howie_Roseman-702x336.jpg

GettyImages-914349858-1024x757.jpg

2017:

03/07Extended a second-round tender to RFA TE Trey Burton.

03/09Agreed to terms on a one-year contract with WR Alshon Jeffery.

03/09Agreed to terms on a three-year contract with WR Torrey Smith.

03/10Agreed to terms on a three-year deal with G/C Stefen Wisniewski.

03/13Released QB Chase Daniel.

03/13Agreed to terms on a two-year contract with QB Nick Foles.

03/28Agreed to terms on a two-year deal with DE Chris Long.

03/28Agreed to terms on a one-year contract with CB Patrick Robinson.

04/04Acquired DT Timmy Jernigan and a third-round pick (99th overall) from Baltimore in exchange for a third-round pick (74th overall).

04/27Selected DE Derek Barnett with the No. 14 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.

05/11Signed the following rookie free agents: RB Corey Clement, DT Winston Craig, QB Jerod Evans, CB Randall Goforth, P Cameron Johnston, C Tyler Orlosky, S Tre Sullivan, DT Charles Walker, WR Greg Ward, and CB Jomal Wiltz.

05/17Agreed to terms on a one-year deal with RB LeGarrette Blount.

07/26Traded G/T Allen Barbre to Denver for a 2019 conditional draft pick.

07/26Waived DE Marcus Smith.

08/03Agreed to terms with S Corey Graham on a one-year contract.

08/11Acquired CB Ronald Darby from Buffalo in exchange for WR Jordan Matthews and a 2018 third-round pick.

08/15Released RB Ryan Mathews.

08/21Acquired a 2018 fifth-round pick from Seattle in exchange for T Matt Tobin and a 2018 seventh-pick.

09/12Agreed to terms with K Jake Elliott and placed K Caleb Sturgis on Injured Reserve.

10/31Acquired RB Jay Ajayi from Miami in exchange for a 2018 fourth-round pick.

11/01Promoted QB Nate Sudfeld from the practice squad and waived DT Justin Hamilton.

12/12Placed QB Carson Wentz on Injured Reserve.

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

At times like this where the Eagles are struggling and the board is basically just a big negadelphian circle-jerk, it would be cool to have the old EMB to drag up all the posts criticizing the Mile Sanders pick in 2019 and all the "he's a bust" posts through the 1st 5-7 weeks of last season. 

I admit to being one of those that wasn't big on the Sanders pick - I never said I think he'd be a bust though, I just really had my eye on Darrell Henderson and really wanted to draft him (who went in the 3rd to the Rams).  Anyway, always happy to eat crow and admit I was wrong (especially when something works out well for us that I didn't think would be the case ... that's the best way of being wrong, unlike being really high on having added Asomugha and turning out he flat out stank when he got here haha).    

12 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Injury updates:

Status...they are fine and getting rested: Kelce, Sanders

Status...hurting but will play: Johnson, Cox

Status...No one cares: Desean Jackson, Avonte Maddox, Trevor Williams, Rudy Ford

Status...can we downgrade to out, please: Jason Peters, JJAW

Expect the status for each of these players to remain the same for the balance of the season.

If JP can't go I wonder what their plan will be ... do they give Mailata his first start?  Do they try Pryor at LT?  Do they move Lane over to LT and play Pryor (or Driscoll) at RT?