Week 4 Injury Tracker

time2rock

On 9/30/2020 at 6:54 PM, brkmsn said:

Would you rather see the Eagles win games from here on out or lose games from here on out?

Why would any fan want his/her team to lose? It isn’t for higher draft picks because that always fails.

17 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Would Lurie fire a guy who brought the team their first SB win even if it was 3 years go? Plus they've made the playoffs recently. They squeaked in last year

Lurie may think this is just a bump in the road :sad:

I think if the record this year is something like 3-13 (and at this point I fear it might be), Lurie would be sorely tempted to pull the trigger,  the calculation would 100% be different if we'd swaggered into the playoffs at 11-5 the last two years, but 3-13 and two years of tripping into the playoffs at 9-7 (I can't recall any other team making it in 2 years in a row with less than ten wins but I haven't researched that hard) it makes the season look like the end of a marked decline rather than a blip after good football.

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Why would any fan want his/her team to lose? It isn’t for higher draft picks because that always fails.

I’m not one of those that jump on the tank bandwagon, but if Howie is continually crapping the bed with draft picks (which has led to a situation where we don’t have enough young talent and a really bad cap situation from having to overpay veterans to fill holes created from crappy drafting), then perhaps it is for the greater good of the team (for the long term outlook) to have a bad season or 2 now in order to get Howie out of his position and add someone who has a real eye for talent.  The only 2 catches with that approach are ... (1) does having a couple bad seasons guarantee Lurie gets rid of Howie (I’d have to say the answer to that is "no”), and (2) even if we move on from Howie, is it a guarantee the new GM does a better job overall?  I completely understand both sides here.  

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

That's a good question. The answer is related to emotions. People are unhappy. People are angry. They are frustrated, disappointed --- they feel jilted by a team they are devoted to. In essence they are irrationally lashing out at the thing they tied a good portion of their happiness to. It's a textbook overreaction. At this point, they want to turn the disappointment (losing) into some kind of positive they can root for (i.e. drastic changes to personnel at every level so the people responsible for these unwanted emotions will pay and that they can find "hope" in the form of "things couldn't possibly get worse ... so the sooner the changes begin, the sooner they will get better." )

Again, this is irrational, but very typical. That's why people don't even notice. That's why writers, bloggers, radio/podcast hosts make money and have an audience by continually feeding the distraught more outrage. 

Right now, we have the players, coaches and front office we have. I'd rather see them succeed than to put all my eggs in a basket that nobody knows would be any better. I was asking this question in response to, "what is the point [of playing Jeffery when he is healthy]?" The point is to put the best team out there. There are 13 regular season games left to play. Nobody is out of it after just 3 weeks. 

58 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

That's a good question. The answer is related to emotions. People are unhappy. People are angry. They are frustrated, disappointed --- they feel jilted by a team they are devoted to. In essence they are irrationally lashing out at the thing they tied a good portion of their happiness to. It's a textbook overreaction. At this point, they want to turn the disappointment (losing) into some kind of positive they can root for (i.e. drastic changes to personnel at every level so the people responsible for these unwanted emotions will pay and that they can find "hope" in the form of "things couldn't possibly get worse ... so the sooner the changes begin, the sooner they will get better." )

Again, this is irrational, but very typical. That's why people don't even notice. That's why writers, bloggers, radio/podcast hosts make money and have an audience by continually feeding the distraught more outrage. 

Right now, we have the players, coaches and front office we have. I'd rather see them succeed than to put all my eggs in a basket that nobody knows would be any better. I was asking this question in response to, "what is the point [of playing Jeffery when he is healthy]?" The point is to put the best team out there. There are 13 regular season games left to play. Nobody is out of it after just 3 weeks. 

If you look at this rationally then you have to say they’re in the worst division in football so they are still basically in this. I mean after three weeks they’re winless and yet still a half game out of first place. However if you’re still looking at this rationally then you also need to come to the conclusion that even if they win this dumpster fire of a division they have no realistic shot of winning anything more than that. Worst is if they win this trash division we likely will not see the changes in management and philosophy this team needs to get back to being the "new norm” it was supposed to be. The truth of the matter is my irrational thoughts are the ones that want them to win every week even though I rationally know they just aren’t talented enough to realistically do so. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If you look at this rationally then you have to say they’re in the worst division in football so they are still basically in this. I mean after three weeks they’re winless and yet still a half game out of first place. However if you’re still looking at this rationally then you also need to come to the conclusion that even if they win this dumpster fire of a division they have no realistic shot of winning anything more than that. Worst is if they win this trash division we likely will not see the changes in management and philosophy this team needs to get back to being the "new norm” it was supposed to be. The truth of the matter is my irrational thoughts are the ones that want them to win every week even though I rationally know they just aren’t talented enough to realistically do so. 

You're again confusing "talent" with "playing well." This team is talented. This team is not playing well. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

You're again confusing "talent" with "playing well." This team is talented. This team is not playing well. 

No this team isn’t talented. They’re not playing well because they lack talent. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

No this team isn’t talented. They’re not playing well because they lack talent. 

You're right. Wentz lost all his talent.

26 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You're right. Wentz lost all his talent.

Wentz is one player on this roster and is currently the worst ranked quarterback in football. If that’s your example then you’re more irrational than me. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz is one player on this roster and is currently the worst ranked quarterback in football. If that’s you’re example then you’re more irrational than me. 

So ... you don't think he can play better?

Just now, brkmsn said:

Even if he does do you really believe the team around him is good enough? This team since Howie returned averages 9 wins a season and only once have had double digit victories in what has been described as the worst division in football and that’s with your ginger Jesus. Let’s see how this team goes through this next gauntlet of games then tell me how talented they are afterwards. 

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Of course he can play better. The real question is can he CONSISTENTLY play well. Based 4+ years of seeing him play, I’d say no. 

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

This team is not talented.  You must be confusing players you are fans of with talented players.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

So with the move to place Peters on IR, they announced Mailata will make his first career start.  

https://heavy.com/sports/eagles-jason-peters-injured-jordan-mailata-start/

Those of you wanting to see Hurts may get your wish sooner than later.  

I’m confident that Hurts will at least run away from some pressure instead of ducking his head right into it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I’m confident that Hurts will at least run away from some pressure instead of ducking his head right into it. 

It’s crazy how Wentz has regressed in so many different areas ... one also being what you mentioned.  I go back to the Washington game when he saw Montez Sweat coming off the right side of the OL and stood there frozen like a deer in headlights watching him coming to get the sack.  

16 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It’s crazy how Wentz has regressed in so many different areas ... one also being what you mentioned.  I go back to the Washington game when he saw Montez Sweat coming off the right side of the OL and stood there frozen like a deer in headlights watching him coming to get the sack.  

He’s done that duck into the sack move so many times it’s amazing he hasn’t been hurt doing it. Looks ripe for a neck/spine injury. 

We need an alternate logo.  If Delaware can be the Blue Hens, then we can be the Blue Tents.

th?id=OIP.prBiY2hLJLPH6zbb92XoTQHaFI&pid=Api&P=0&w=231&h=161

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Yes to Mailata, hard pass on Hurts.  

Might happen though. Wentz is going to get crushed. 

When it comes to injuries you couldn't make this ish up. All teams deal with injuries and ultimately the depth isn't good enough on our roster. But just look at OL alone. 

Brooks goes out for the year. They bring back JP to play RG.

Dillard then goes out for the year before it even begins. JP demands more money, gets more money and moves to LT.

Seumalo then gets hurt and goes on IR. Herbig, who was our surprise starting RG moves across to LG. Pryor comes in at RG.

JP gets hurt and goes on IR. Mailata to come in at LT.

And I haven't yet mentioned that Lane missed all of TC and missed week one. And that Driscoll who started at RG week one got hurt during that game and had to come out of the game. What a mess. 

1 hour ago, birdgang said:

who's playing WR today besides ward and hightower? 

I imagine Burnett will get quite a few snaps.  Fulgham will probably get some and maybe Killins (wasn’t it reported they give him snaps at WR during TC?).  Maybe they even bring Green up from the PS for this game.