WR injuries: Ward only receiver to practice today

phil77

Are we going to have any WRs playing this weekend???   How Wentz or the offense supposed to get a rhythm if they never practice together? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it ward is the only one at practice ? I mean wentz is missing them in games so far so it’s not as if he’s going to miss them being there. 

• Like 1

They might still have my number. They can give me a call. I mean I was a safety but Ill try WR

3 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

They might still have my number. They can give me a call. I mean I was a safety but Ill try WR

At this point, I have no doubt you would at least be as equally productive as JJAW

14 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

They need corners that can't cover too. You could be a 2 way player!

• Haha 2

We blame Wentz a lot and he deserves a ton of criticism  but look what he has to work with ... literally nothing....and we expect this guy to bake a cake

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

At this point, I have no doubt you would at least be as equally productive as JJAW

My grandmother who died in 1989 is as productive as JJAW.  

• Haha 3

Its laughable  Howie drafts all these new WR's after the debacle last year and this year seems far worse than last year. LOL.  

• Sad 1

Just now, manz2821 said:

Its laughable  Howie drafts all these new WR's after the debacle last year and this year seems far worse than last year. LOL.  

Well... He didn't really. I mean he brought in 4 guys but 1 opted out due to Covid. One started the year on IR and was then joined by another. 

Fundamentally Howie's plan was flawed from the start because it relied on Desean staying healthy and Alshon coming back. Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hang on... Who's the one WR practicing? God I hope it's Ward not JJAW.

It has to be ward as he’s the only one I’ve not seen on an injury report this week. JJAW is awful so hopefully it’s not him. 

It would be nice to see some 2 RB sets to have both Sanders and Scott on the field at once. Both are excellent pass catchers and very shifty. Thats probably too much to expect from Doug’s game planning though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

It has to be ward as he’s the only one I’ve not seen on an injury report this week. JJAW is awful so hopefully it’s not him. 

Is JJAW on the injury report then? Or at least has he been this week?

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

I have the same exact stats as JJAW this year. Sign me up. I can run around and do nothing.

10 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

It would be nice to see some 2 RB sets to have both Sanders and Scott on the field at once. Both are excellent pass catchers and very shifty. Thats probably too much to expect from Doug’s game planning though. 

Doug will use the same plays even though no WR is at the spot where the ball is supposed to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

They need corners that can't cover too. You could be a 2 way player!

Of course, i was pretty good in the slot in my day. I ran a 4.47 back then and Im shaved bald now so I could be even faster now :) 4.469. Hey its almost 20 years later but its like riding a bike right? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is JJAW on the injury report then? Or at least has he been this week?

Yes with a calf injury from yesterday. I’m not sure how he injured his calf as it wasn’t from effort. 

1 minute ago, EaglesIreland said:

Yes with a calf injury from yesterday. I’m not sure how he injured his calf as it wasn’t from effort. 

Maybe they've realised he doesn't have any calf's?

• Haha 1

I know others teams are doing well, but realistically I think we all expected this season to be a wash.  They have a new "OC staff" with passing game coordinator roles, and assistant head coach blah blah... basically no offensive coordiantor.  So to get all those voices on the same page and insync takes time.  It takes more time to get the players on the same page with them, especially the rookies, cuz they never played with carson. Jackson was a good bet to not play all season  or majority snaps due to injury, so the goodwin opt out hurt a lot. That would have eased the pass game stress when jackson is out n reagor being a rookie.   Alshon say what u will... gives u ton more than JJAW.   The tight ends are our only option but other teams know that.  The Oline has 2 starters now from what we projected.   

between patch work rosters,  no training camps, no preseason for a whole new staff (including current guys elevated ot new roles) to gel  with each other n players , it was never going to work.  At this point just be glad ,we don't have tons of covid cases completely shutting this thing down. 

Ward is the only one who practiced today, but so did practice squad receivers including Burnett who had catches in last week's game (unlike JJAW).

Jeffrey practiced yesterday in limited drills.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/01/eagles-have-one-healthy-receiver-at-practice/

Rookie Quez Watkins was also present, though he’s in the 21-day practice window for possible activation from IR.

The Eagles activated practice squad wideout  Deontay Burnett last week, and it’s reasonable to think they’d go that route again.