WR injuries: Ward only receiver to practice today

phil77

42 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Maybe Butler gets reps at WR instead of TE 🙂

They're probably just calling him a TE so they don't anger the fan base with another slow footed receiver that can't create any separation and can't catch.  Sounds better as TE #3.  

Caddyshack Dangerfield GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

Put Sanders and Hurts in the backfield and let Wentz toss or throw to who he wants. Might be better than the crap we've been watching. 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well... He didn't really. I mean he brought in 4 guys but 1 opted out due to Covid. One started the year on IR and was then joined by another. 

Fundamentally Howie's plan was flawed from the start because it relied on Desean staying healthy and Alshon coming back. Ridiculous. 

Not Ridiculous...Howie has been promoted from Incompetent to an Idiot. Only an idiot would repeat the same mistakes, with the same unreliable players like DJ and expect a different result.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Not Ridiculous...Howie has been promoted from Incompetent to an Idiot. Only an idiot would repeat the same mistakes, with the same unreliable players like DJ and expect a different result.

Yeah ridiculous, incompetent and idiot are all fair words to describe Howie as GM.

17 hours ago, Br3 said:

We blame Wentz a lot and he deserves a ton of criticism  but look what he has to work with ... literally nothing....and we expect this guy to bake a cake

I keep hearing this song. It doesn't matter who's at receiver to bake the cake if Wentz keeps missing them high, wide and long. 

Bad or absent receivers are not an alibi, an inaccurate throw is still inaccurate whether you're missing Jerry Rice or Arciega-Whiteside with it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I keep hearing this song. It doesn't matter who's at receiver to bake the cake if Wentz keeps missing them high, wide and long. 

Bad or absent receivers are not an alibi, an inaccurate throw is still inaccurate whether you're missing Jerry Rice or Arciega-Whiteside with it.

Agreed. He’s not seeing receivers when they are open, or when he does he over/under throws it. If I had any desire at all to go back and watch even a part of that Cincinnati game, I’d find the all-22 shot of Hightower wide open down the field as Wentz instead chucks a ball at Ward’s feet. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Do you think lack of practice with those receivers might have anything to do with it?

Has this team quit on Doug? 

Djax with another phantom hammy, and players dropping like flies. 

Real injuries or a team quitting----neither would surprise me at this point.

• Like 2

49ers are one of the best pass defenses in the league. Honestly this could be a blessing as it could force the play calling to run the ball more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Do you think lack of practice with those receivers might have anything to do with it?

No, lack of practice reps with the receivers isn’t causing him to throw 5 yards over his receiver’s heads on crossing routes, screens, hitches, etc. What are you going to use to excuse the awful throws he’s made to Sanders and Ertz, both of whom he is familiar with? 

• Like 3

Hightower, Burnett, and JJAW have returned to practice.  In other news, Ward was the only receiver to practice today.

So game day targets will be Ertz, Ward, Hightower, Burnett and a couple practice squad guys. Watkins isn't cleared yet right? 

Oh, and JJAW (:lol:).

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

So game day targets will be Ertz, Ward, Hightower, Burnett and a couple practice squad guys. Watkins isn't cleared yet right? 

Didn't you already way Ward, Hightower, and Burnett?

On 10/1/2020 at 4:16 PM, dawkdaballhawk said:

I have the same exact stats as JJAW this year. Sign me up. I can run around and do nothing.

Doug will use the same plays even though no WR is at the spot where the ball is supposed to go.

If the first play is a bomb and they end up going three and out, I may just shut the game off. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

If the first play is a bomb and they end up going three and out, I may just shut the game off. 

It is going to be ugly this game. Really ugly. I mean what are they going to do at LT? I know Peters has been horrid but who do they play at LT? Mailata? We are one more injury at OT away from playing a guard at OT. That's scary. What a mess. 

On 10/1/2020 at 8:37 PM, DeathByEagle said:

They might still have my number. They can give me a call. I mean I was a safety but Ill try WR

I'm only 5'9 and run a 6.8 40 these days but I did go both ways back in the day CB/WR two way starter in high school several decades ago, I just stretched out a bit and I'm ready to go :P

The last three years sure do feel like payback to the devil.  No doubt we've made plenty of personnel mistakes, etc but the level of injuries over the last four seasons has been utterly staggering.

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

Did I hear someone say the othet day that San Fran have the best pass defense in the league too? 

Eeeeeeesh

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It is going to be ugly this game. Really ugly. I mean what are they going to do at LT? I know Peters has been horrid but who do they play at LT? Mailata? We are one more injury at OT away from playing a guard at OT. That's scary. What a mess. 

Yeah, it’s scary to think how Mailata will play knowing that, even with Peters’ poor play, he still won the job over him. Fingers crossed but I’m going in with very low expectations. I usually have a hard time getting a good nights sleep after a late game Eagles loss so I plan to on being exhausted tomorrow. 

On 10/1/2020 at 10:13 PM, hputenis said:

They're probably just calling him a TE so they don't anger the fan base with another slow footed receiver that can't create any separation and can't catch.  Sounds better as TE #3.  

Caddyshack Dangerfield GIFs | Tenor

Also if they list him as wr1 or wr2 on the depth chart that puts him ahead of jjawr6 and that’s not a good look for your draft class