Jalen Mills Back at Corner.

EazyEaglez

Reported on the radio just now and I have to say it needed to happen, because they are hurting at the position and I think when Maddox comes back he should move to safety. At least he didn't ask for more money to switch positions. Mills is the best they got right now, but he better be ready cause they will come at him. At least he can get some safety help.

So is this an admission that he sucks at safety and it was a bad of a move by the coaches or are we that bad at CB that they needed him back

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

So is this an admission that he sucks at safety and it was a bad of a move by the coaches or are we that bad at CB that they needed him back

Both 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Well they only had like 3 healthy CBs going in

He is ukn terrible. And anytime he makes a play, he bows up like his a tough guy.  Cant stand him 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Gosh he sucks

At least we have Slay. It’s been a while since we had a guy that legit. 

34 minutes ago, What The F said:

He is ukn terrible. And anytime he makes a play, he bows up like his a tough guy.  Cant stand him 

I know right.. I remember that time he lead the team in tackles in the "ukn" super bowl with 9, 6 solo tackles and 3 assts. ... and he had not 1 but 2 drive killing pass break ups in the super bowl .. 1 in the damn endzone on Gronk preventing a TD and forcing a FG and another on Gronk on a 4th and 5 and we got the ball back on downs. I remember how Gronk was invisible in the 1st half of the SB and then torched us when Mills stop covering him in the 2nd half. Stats wise he was pretty much our best defensive player in the super bowl WIN.

Not sure how many times he was targeted tonight but I saw him in man coverage on an island on the goal line and he tackled his man short of the goal line preventing a TD. If the other defenders stop the TD run to the other side of the field that stop MIlls makes is that much bigger.

Not bad for a 7th round pick asked to play a position that he didn't play in college. 

Mills is what he is, but being such a big part of our 1st SB win.. I mean.. at least have a little damn respect for the kid.

"can't stand him"? 

SMFH

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

I know right.. I remember that time he lead the team in tackles in the "ukn" super bowl with 9, 6 solo tackles and 3 assts. ... and he had not 1 but 2 drive killing pass break ups in the super bowl .. 1 in the damn endzone on Gronk preventing a TD and forcing a FG and another on Gronk on a 4th and 5 and we got the ball back on downs. I remember how Gronk was invisible in the 1st half of the SB and then torched us when Mills stop covering him in the 2nd half. Stats wise he was pretty much our best defensive player in the super bowl WIN.

Not sure how many times he was targeted tonight but I saw him in man coverage on an island on the goal line and he tackled his man short of the goal line preventing a TD. If the other defenders stop the TD run to the other side of the field that stop MIlls makes is that much bigger.

Not bad for a 7th round pick asked to play a position that he didn't play in college. 

Mills is what he is, but being such a big part of our 1st SB win.. I mean.. at least have a little damn respect for the kid.

"can't stand him"? 

SMFH

Whats your point? He had a good game 3 years ago and has been garbage since. Maybe if he was modest about his play I would feel different. But, the posing and flexdown every single time he makes a tackle, or gets used as a speedbump and the runner trips over him, gets tiresome.  

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Was going to say...not sure what game people watched, but Mills was good tonight.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, What The F said:

Whats your point? He had a good game 3 years ago and has been garbage since. Maybe if he was modest about his play I would feel different. But, the posing and flexdown every single time he makes a tackle, or gets used as a speedbump and the runner trips over him, gets tiresome.  

Really? "1 game 3 years ago"... yeah.. It WASN"T the most important game in Eagle history. And you are telling me all I need to know about yourself with that BS "if he was modest about his play". Give me a "ukn" break. I'm sure he'd reconsider his entire existence knowing you want him to be "modest". 

WTF is with people like you? "He's not like me so I can't stand him". SMFH

He is literally on the field because he tackles well and you are so blinded by your hatred that you say "runners trip over him" and he gets used as a speedbump. I love when our fans only pay attention to "the players they like". "Be more modest and I'll like you"...unreal. I think it's ridiculous that your main complaint is the sht he does AFTER the play. 

6 minutes ago, What The F said:

He really wasn’t bad tonight. Most of the damage done was off catches against other players and not Mills. 

• Like 1

Just now, Swoop said:

Was going to say...not sure what game people watched, but Mills was good tonight.

People need something to gripe about, so they turn to old reliable gripes from days past.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

My man this will NOT matter to some of these ridiculous haters. They don't care what he does during actual play... just that he "do it more modestly". SMFH

1 minute ago, MeccaDon123 said:

My man this will NOT matter to some of these ridiculous haters. They don't care what he does during actual play... just that he "do it more modestly". SMFH

I don’t argue with people over Mills anymore. He’s never going to be viewed well in the eyes of some, and it’s cause he kept falling for double moves. The irony is all of the Eagles corners kept falling for double moves, but Mills always has that swagger that annoys people. I mean do you have to pat yourself on the back after every tackle? Overall I thought he played well tonight. 

5 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

Have you even watched the last roughly 35ish games? Or you choosing to nut hang from stats from tonight alone, against a #2, then #3 QB? He hasnt been good. Yet he acts like a fool when he actually does make a play.  I dont care if its Mills, Cox, or anyone else on this team, or any other. If you are generally NOT GOOD, weather in be in 1 game or a bulk of your career, and you celebrate after any and all plays you do actually make, you look stupid. Its like celebrating a TD and point to yourself when your down by 30 with 8 seconds left in the game. Grow the F up and act like you have done it before. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t argue with people over Mills anymore. He’s never going to be viewed well in the eyes of some, and it’s cause he kept falling for double moves. The irony is all of the Eagles corners kept falling for double moves, but Mills always has that swagger that annoys people. I mean do you have to pat yourself on the back after every tackle? Overall I thought he played well tonight. 

Thats what I was getting at. I dont dislike him as a person. I dislike the self appreciation after every tackle. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, What The F said:

Have you even watched the last roughly 35ish games? Or you choosing to nut hang from stats from tonight alone, against a #2, then #3 QB? He hasnt been good. Yet he acts like a fool when he actually does make a play.  I dont care if its Mills, Cox, or anyone else on this team, or any other. If you are generally NOT GOOD, weather in be in 1 game or a bulk of your career, and you celebrate after any and all plays you do actually make, you look stupid. Its like celebrating a TD and point to yourself when your down by 30 with 8 seconds left in the game. Grow the F up and act like you have done it before. 

Thats what I was getting at. I dont dislike him as a person. I dislike the self appreciation after every tackle. 

If we’re being honest it’s kind of a problem with the whole team. I mean the group celebrations. Were they really necessary? They literally hadn’t won a game yet. On top of that they let the 49ers march right back down the field with a back up quarterback to the backup quarterback. It’s overall annoying by all of them. That’s it for my get off my lawn moment for the night.

• Like 2

Just now, Jenkins27 said:

Keep Mills at corner opposite Slay, put Maddox back to safety like his rookie year.

That’s what I think should happen too. The reality was Maddox wasn’t good out there. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

That’s what I think should happen too. The reality was Maddox wasn’t good out there. 

Size really hurts him. I really like him as a deep safety though, I like his speed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jenkins27 said:

Size really hurts him. I really like him as a deep safety though, I like his speed.

I thought he was a much better safety than any of his stints at corner. Especially playing outside corner. 

• Like 2

I understood why they moved Mills to Safety to try that out. At the time they had options to play opposite Slay and so I understood that move. However, as soon as it became clear that it was going to be Maddox opposite Slay they should have moved Mills back. Mills is a pretty good #2. If you can scheme to give him support over the top then he's can be really productive and solid.

Move Maddox to Safety and Slot Corner.

6 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Keep Mills at corner opposite Slay, put Maddox back to safety like his rookie year.

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I thought he was a much better safety than any of his stints at corner. Especially playing outside corner. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I understood why they moved Mills to Safety to try that out. At the time they had options to play opposite Slay and so I understood that move. However, as soon as it became clear that it was going to be Maddox opposite Slay they should have moved Mills back. Mills is a pretty good #2. If you can scheme to give him support over the top then he's can be really productive and solid.

All of this:

Facts:

1) Maddox is bad at outside corner. He always has been. He's much better at either safety or the nickel.

2) We have no depth at outside corner.

3) Mills was not working at safety. 

4) Mills is a legitimate starting outside cornerback and was one on a Super Bowl winning team. He's not great and bites on double moves etc, but he's a baller and we can give him help with Slay on the other side.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And cut NRC. Move Wallace to LB for this season and cut Gerry.