This team deserves credit.

ManchesterEagle

Apart from all the failed cute and gadget plays the main difference i saw was getting Wentz out more on play action and on the move. That escape and throw to Scott on that penalty play was vintage Wentz. Atleast we have something to build on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Br3 said:

Lane was in and out of the lineup all night as well. Can Dak miss all these guys and still go win a ball game on the road? The answer is F no. Lord knows Daniel Jones and Haskins can’t even win with their starters. 

That's the secret! Just inure half the team and Wentz will become accurate, protect the ball and win games! Why didn't we think of this before??😛

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

One drive early in the 3rd Q he called 12 passes to 1 run play. I dont call that est the run. You have to stick with the run better then that. And the fact the oline was banged up makes you want to run the ball more to protect your QB. 

They tried to run out the clock and couldn't even get a first down. That OL was the big problem last night.

40 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Regardless of the personnel, Wentz has to be better.  The accuracy is a major issue.  He is having a hard time being consistent with the short routes and the mesh routes. But his lower base mechanics need a complete overhaul.  

Did you happen to watch much of the other games yesterday? There was a ton of inconsistent accuracy issues but many QBs. Easy lay ups being missed by very good QBs. Maybe not having a full camp, no preseason etc is playing more of a role then most thought. If it was just Wentz people could have a good point, but its most Qbs right now having bad throws and missing easy plays. 

2 hours ago, Br3 said:

Lane was in and out of the lineup all night as well. Can Dak miss all these guys and still go win a ball game on the road? The answer is F no. Lord knows Daniel Jones and Haskins can’t even win with their starters. 

And this is the same 49ers team that trounced the Jets and Giants in the Meadowlands (where ironically they are now 2-0 vs. 0-2 at home). Eagles just have to get healthy and the way things are going, that could be enough to actually win the NFC East. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I thought the Eagles tried to establish the run game, but the 49ers did a good job of containing them. The backs themselves left some plays out there too, and on some runs the offensive line just got abused. At one point every offensive lineman was a backup when Kelce was out a few snaps. Overall how creative can one get when you’re picking up PS squad players just days before the game? I’m not saying Doug called a great game. He didn’t, but the talent he expected to be using is out of these games. 

Look at what you just said. No starters. Linemen getting abused. Run stuffed. And with all that Wentz was able to get a come from behind win in the 4th quarter. Stats were not amazing but who cares? He made the plays to win a underdog come from behind road game. Good performance in my book.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

It wasn't always pretty and people are continuing to moan about various things (and to be fair a lot are justified).

But give this team credit. The 49ers were beat up for sure, but we went on the road and beat the NFC Champions missing:

Our starting LT and back up LT

Our starting RG
Our starting LG

Our top 3 wide receivers

A top 5 TE in the league.

Two of our outside corners.

This team has fight and while changes need to be made, I believe in Doug and this team moving forwards.

This was the contest of which team made the most mistakes. 49ers just made more mistakes. There 3rd QB was significantly better than their unsure 2nd QB. If he would have been playing the whole game..it could have been a different story.

52 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Did you happen to watch much of the other games yesterday? There was a ton of inconsistent accuracy issues but many QBs. Easy lay ups being missed by very good QBs. Maybe not having a full camp, no preseason etc is playing more of a role then most thought. If it was just Wentz people could have a good point, but its most Qbs right now having bad throws and missing easy plays. 

I watched Brady hit receivers in stride , pick up TB team who was down 24 to 7 and score 5 TD. Brady was unbelievable. every pass during the drive is under 2 seconds. and the placement of the ball!!! right in the hands!!

1 hour ago, VeeMak said:

Regardless of the personnel, Wentz has to be better.  The accuracy is a major issue.  He is having a hard time being consistent with the short routes and the mesh routes. But his lower base mechanics need a complete overhaul.  

Great win, but is this kind of QB play sustainable and is it a winning formula.  He has got to take less hits and get the ball out quicker and more accurately.  I really think he holds on to the ball because he doesn’t want to throw into tight windows and if he can just extend the play a little longer, somebody will be wide open and he doesn’t have to worry about being inaccurate 

I don’t think Carson’s ever going to be an accurate guy. He’s more of a hot/cold player, but I think the coaching staff needs to get him moving more. Especially on bootlegs and roll outs. He’s far more accurate on the run than he is inside a clean pocket. It is what it is. That’s our guy and Doug needs to play to his strengths. I know that also improves his chances of getting injured, but that’s his game. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Look at what you just said. No starters. Linemen getting abused. Run stuffed. And with all that Wentz was able to get a come from behind win in the 4th quarter. Stats were not amazing but who cares? He made the plays to win a underdog come from behind road game. Good performance in my book.

I’ll take that, cause it’s a win. Let’s not make it seem like it was MVP caliber Carson though, but I give him high praise cause he did what he had to do to win. His pass to Fulgham was another thing of beauty though. Those are the plays that let you know he has it in him, but he has to be more consistent. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

He had a good but not great game. Far better than the first 3 weeks for sure. Still had times where he held the ball too long, and the interception was a prime example of Wentz "hero ball” that has gotten him in trouble so much. 

Used his legs well which was nice, and the TD throw to Fulgham was the best throw he’s made all year. 

It’s a step in the right direction but in the back of my mind I still don’t trust him yet.  Needs to show more consistency. 

without him playing "hero ball" we don't win last night. Truth is once again we have crap for weapons and without the "hero ball" we have no chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Really not much of a defense of Wentz’ play.  "Most QB’s”, eh?  Through 4 weeks there are 9 QB’s at better than 70 percent completion rate.  Daniel Jones has a better QBR.  He’s getting paid like Russel Wilson and Aaron Rodgers.  So that’s who you need compare him to.  

2 minutes ago, greend said:

without him playing "hero ball" we don't win last night. Truth is once again we have crap for weapons and without the "hero ball" we have no chance.

I think this time it wasn’t exactly hero ball. First off he wasn’t trying to fit the ball into double coverages. He was more on the lines of taking what the defense gave him. He also used his legs wisely in this game and he didn’t take as many big hits as he usually does. He also threw the ball away when it wasn’t there. You didn’t see him just hold and hold the ball waiting for something to happen that wasn’t there. Trying to make something out of nothing all the time that ultimately makes the play worse. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Br3 said:

Patrick was doing fine with his list until he listed "JJAW".  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I watched Brady hit receivers in stride , pick up TB team who was down 24 to 7 and score 5 TD. Brady was unbelievable. every pass during the drive is under 2 seconds. and the placement of the ball!!! right in the hands!!

Did you miss his pick 6? Point is QBs are still throwing bad passes. there was zero preseason, very limited offseason/camp. Takes time for QB/recs to get on the same page. Esp ones that never played with each other before. Brady was the only QB who broke out and tech had a camp with his recs for over a month so he should be more in sync then anyone. But he still has bad throws. 

9 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Really not much of a defense of Wentz’ play.  "Most QB’s”, eh?  Through 4 weeks there are 9 QB’s at better than 70 percent completion rate.  Daniel Jones has a better QBR.  He’s getting paid like Russel Wilson and Aaron Rodgers.  So that’s who you need compare him to.  

So I guess the answer to that question is a No. Got it. I just hope your not one of those guys who chances his stance later in the season or even next year and becomes a Wentz supporter. Its just as bad as a fair weather Cowboys fan. 

They played a solid game. There's still lots of room for improvement. I was pleasantly surprised by Jordan Mailata. Other than the false start, it looked like he played fairly well.

• Like 2

Improved performance overall, and loved the turnovers.  

For some reason this team cannot perform unless they have their backs against the wall, half their starters are injured and they are throwing in guys from the practice squad who have no chemistry with their teammates yet.

I feel like one aspect of this is complacency from veterans vs young hungry guys trying to prove themselves.  

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

This team has fight and while changes need to be made, I believe in Doug and this team moving forwards.

I think this game should get people off of Doug a little. For now. For the most part he called a really good game and the team were well prepared and fought for him and each other. 

But this team still needs a major rebuild. Howie needs to go, they need to make some decisive decisions with the coaching staff and the roster does need to be gutted.

Last night was nice, it was a nice turn around from a team who have looked pathetic the first 3 weeks. But a long way to go and they need to continue to fight like that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

You mean the GOAT and his WRs that include all pro Mike Evans and Chris Godwin and that he has played with for the past 4 weeks?

I mean really is it fair to even make the same comparison? It is kind of hard to sling the ball around when only one of the players that you are throwing to was actually in practice and he was someone that has bounced around several teams.

I still think Wentz has played terrible this year, but we also have to be reasonable as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Doug needs to continue showing creativity and stop running Killins in motion to run the same Fing play. 

Killins needs the outside WRs to take the DBs deep to give him some room to operate underneath.

I saw two plays to Killins, a quick screen where he was surrounded by DBs and LBs then it was that razzle-dazzle reverse that the defense read all the way, get the guy in the open field, plain and simple.

It's like no one has any brains in the organization. 

4 hours ago, RUEagle said:

What a difference a week can make huh?

fans clamoring for Foles now singing a different tune 

Foles will forever be my guy. 🤷‍♂️

I didn't see much hero ball last night. Looked way more comfortable moving and getting out of the pocket. The up tempo offense also seemed to improve his rhythm, at least more than the first few weeks. Even the INT wasn't as bad as the others he threw at the start of the season, held the ball too long? Maybe, but pocket was collapsing and not sure he could escape enough to throw it away. 

Like others mentioned, it seems like he plays better with the younger WRs. Maybe he feels like he has to take charge more since he's the old veteran in the huddle or maybe when the older WRs are around he feels like he need to get them the ball. Whatever it is, he plays best with tempo, gets to run out of the pocket, and play with the young guys. 

4 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

So I guess the answer to that question is a No. Got it. I just hope your not one of those guys who chances his stance later in the season or even next year and becomes a Wentz supporter. Its just as bad as a fair weather Cowboys fan. 

I could have sworn the question was whether or not the reader of your post had watched other QB’s.  So the answer is, yes, I have watched other QB’s.  I am especially keen on watching other QB’s of similar pay in order to gauge a ROI.  I am not sure how anyone can defend Wentz’ performance thus far this season based on what he is compensated.  I hope the SF game is something to build from, but excuse me for not getting all moist over Wentz performance.  He beat a backup QB and that team is almost as snake bitten as the Eagles in terms of injuries, so let’s not pretend that’s the same team that played in February. But we will take the W and hopefully understand that this team has a lot of work to do to compete.  And they just might, who knows?

Don’t confuse an honest assessment and critique of Wentz as not being a supporter.  He is the QB of my favorite team in any sport.  I would be beyond ecstatic for him to morph into the top tier QB that he is paid to be.  The Eagles are 1-2-1 and Carson has already thrown 7 picks.  Wentz is 15-15-1 in the regular season since his MVP caliber season and 0-1 in the playoffs.  

As for changing my stance, if you mean that I will praise him if he plays better, then absolutely!  I would love to get on the boards and rave about his quick, smart decision making, precise mechanics, accurate passes, and how he elevates the team.  And if he course corrects, I will be on here singing his praises.  

I am an Eagles fan first and foremost.  Players come and go, and the guys in that uniform get our support and they get our derision when they deserve it.  As of right now, Wentz is taking deserved flak from the fan base.  He definitely played better last night, but he had no where to go but up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The fact people are gushing over Carson’s performance like he just broke every Eagles single season record against a 49ers team that was just as injured as the Eagles just shows how far everyone’s expectations have fallen for him. I sure hope Carson doesn’t look at this game and foolishly think that way cause he has a lot of work to do. There were a lot of passes in this game that could have been intercepted not including the one that actually was. He left a lot out on the field last night. 

Totally agreed. People act like he just won the nfc championship with his play. Although a win is always good....for him, its a step in the right direction. He still has alot of work to do....

• Like 1