***OFFICIAL 2020 Season Whipping Boys***

ToDie4Eagles

6 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

For like 3 weeks he was a god. I hated the pick. Think I wanted Will Poole (never did anything either) at that pick if we're in the right draft class. 

Even back then I don’t remember caring too much for Matt Ware. He was like a ghost. I do remember having far more disdain for Not So Macho Harris. 

• Haha 1

Who remembers the old "Shark in the Water” Ernie Simms who used to blow up his own teammates in practice, but mostly sucked in games? Speaking of guys only good in practice how about that Na Brown? 😂

• Like 1

Surprised nobody has mentioned Pinkston and Thrash.

Both were weekly inclusions on TATEs whipping post.

For the record I didn't mind thrash and Pinkston. Pinkston served his role as field stretcher, eagles win a super bowl with torrey Smith doing the same 

Thrash was miscast he belonged in the slot but was forced to play X where he didn't belong 

Fred X now? He was just a trash can with a big mouth. Put the peoples champ on the post and flog him😒

3 hours ago, Snoop88 said:

Spadaro loved Ernie Sims.  
and Lorenzo Booker.  

I still remember Dave hyping this guy up hahaha.  

On 10/14/2020 at 2:25 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Even back then I don’t remember caring too much for Matt Ware. He was like a ghost. I do remember having far more disdain for Not So Macho Harris. 

There are players that I think unfairly get criticized a lot, so I tend to find people annoying on them. 

For example, Kelce used to get TRASHED. Jason Kelce got trashed by veteran members of the boards up until we won a Super Bowl. It was laughable. He has been a stud since they drafted him. 

Then, you get guys like Nate Gerry. Killed the whole time he has been here. Last year I thought he started to play better. I'd stick up for him. This year, he's just absolutely killing me. The ONE thing you're supposed to do well is play in space and cover and you can't. You're now worthless. 

@NOTW brought up Cary Williams. Perhaps my least favorite Eagle ever. I trashed him every chance I got. That said, he made some plays, so I was guilty there. I just wanted him gone. Annoyed me so bad that I would have loved to see the guy in public and give it a shot one on one. 😂🤣

1 hour ago, stinkfist said:

There are players that I think unfairly get criticized a lot, so I tend to find people annoying on them. 

For example, Kelce used to get TRASHED. Jason Kelce got trashed by veteran members of the boards up until we won a Super Bowl. It was laughable. He has been a stud since they drafted him. 

Then, you get guys like Nate Gerry. Killed the whole time he has been here. Last year I thought he started to play better. I'd stick up for him. This year, he's just absolutely killing me. The ONE thing you're supposed to do well is play in space and cover and you can't. You're now worthless. 

@NOTW brought up Cary Williams. Perhaps my least favorite Eagle ever. I trashed him every chance I got. That said, he made some plays, so I was guilty there. I just wanted him gone. Annoyed me so bad that I would have loved to see the guy in public and give it a shot one on one. 😂🤣

Last year I believe Gerry led the linebackers in sacks, and interceptions. Yes he was late on a lot of plays, but he also had potential to become a playmaking type linebacker it seems. Now he can’t stop anything and he’s not making plays. I thought he might have some type of breakout season possibly, but he’s gone completely in the opposite direction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Last year I believe Gerry led the linebackers in sacks, and interceptions. Yes he was late on a lot of plays, but he also had potential to become a playmaking type linebacker it seems. Now he can’t stop anything and he’s not making plays. I thought he might have some type of breakout season possibly, but he’s gone completely in the opposite direction. 

Yep. Word for word. That's why last year, I just wanted to smack people. Yeah, his tackling wasn't great. Otherwise, what are you whining about? 

This year, he continues to just be horrible and the past two weeks have really coffin nailed him. He and Riley are awful. I'd say to cut them for new blood underneath, but nothing really there. 

I've said this in other threads, but I really would trade at least 5 members of this team right now and Ertz is one I am working HARD to move. 

The Packers need a TE like it's no one's business and are going to compete for a Super Bowl. Cardinals need a TE as well and badly. Patriots would have to be interested in Ertz. He's a 2nd/3rd round grabber. Get it done. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Snoop88 said:

Spadaro loved Ernie Sims.  
and Lorenzo Booker.  

Maybe he is a closet noles fan?

On 10/12/2020 at 2:04 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

You gotta have a category dedicated to Howie lol. 

Howie will be a whipping boy of a decade. OK Let's go back in history. Rich Kotite.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Howie will be a whipping boy of a decade. OK Let's go back in history. Rich Kotite.

Rich Kotite first three seasons with the Eagles. 29-19

Chip Kelly first three seasons with the Eagles. 26-21

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, stinkfist said:

Yep. Word for word. That's why last year, I just wanted to smack people. Yeah, his tackling wasn't great. Otherwise, what are you whining about? 

This year, he continues to just be horrible and the past two weeks have really coffin nailed him. He and Riley are awful. I'd say to cut them for new blood underneath, but nothing really there. 

I've said this in other threads, but I really would trade at least 5 members of this team right now and Ertz is one I am working HARD to move. 

The Packers need a TE like it's no one's business and are going to compete for a Super Bowl. Cardinals need a TE as well and badly. Patriots would have to be interested in Ertz. He's a 2nd/3rd round grabber. Get it done. 

In this division where the Cowboys just lost their quarterback and despite playing horribly the Eagles are just a half game out of first they’re not going to sell. 

5 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Damn I remember the Kelce slander like it was yesterday. Why was he hated on so much?

6 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Kelce did have a bad season. Which one, i do not recall. But i remember he was pretty bad and ive always been a kelce fan.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dice said:

Damn I remember the Kelce slander like it was yesterday. Why was he hated on so much?

He was "too small" and got "pushed around all the time". 

He still gets thrown around at least once a game. Nothing has changed. Also still elite. 

16 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Kelce did have a bad season. Which one, i do not recall. But i remember he was pretty bad and ive always been a kelce fan.

Bro, he had at least a 50% insane hated rated until the Super Bowl. The season you're talking about was 2016. He got named to the Pro Bowl which I found hilarious because the argument made by his haters was that it was a PR stunt, which is borderline conspiracy theory. That's not my point though. 

He was literally hated until we won the Super Bowl by half the f'ing fanbase. People were insane over Jason Kelce. There was a roving pack of 10 veteran posters who would show up on Monday for the Kelce hate wagon. Just became hilarious by 2015 and then he was beloved after his first f-bomb. 🤣

18 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

In this division where the Cowboys just lost their quarterback and despite playing horribly the Eagles are just a half game out of first they’re not going to sell. 

I worry about this thinking from the Eagles. The Prescott injury stunk for this very reason. 

In two years this Eagles team doesn't have much in terms of elite talent to be excited about unless there are massive changes. What do you have after 2022? A 30-year old Wentz, Miles Sanders, Goeddert and ... wow, everyone is in their early to mid 30's. (we'll see about this draft class)

Welcome to the reality of Howie and the draft. 

17 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Dont forget demarco murray

Don't worry. I haven't forgotten.

Saying Goodbye To 3 Of Chip Kelly's Players – CBS Philly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

Don't worry. I haven't forgotten.

Saying Goodbye To 3 Of Chip Kelly's Players – CBS Philly

Chip Kelly and nearly every move he made is like its own Hall of Whipping Boys.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 5:45 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Rich Kotite first three seasons with the Eagles. 29-19

Chip Kelly first three seasons with the Eagles. 26-21

:ph34r:

Rich Kotite inherited Buddy Ryan's team. A team that was as tough as nails..and that is who was winning the games, despite Kotite. The Eagles team never bought into Kotite's philosophy or persona, and Kotite became a mean snub towards the media. He was a Wrong person, in the Wrong town....I guess you had to be there to fully understand. Kelly was very popular initially, and he did draft Ertz and Lane. Later his attitude worn out the fans. But believe me when I tell you he was never as bad as Kotite. Kotite went to the Jets where he had 1-15 record. Jets regard Kotite as the worst signing they ever had.

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

Rich Kotite inherited Buddy Ryan's team. A team that was as tough as nails..and that is who was winning the games, despite Kotite. The Eagles team never bought into Kotite's philosophy or persona, and Kotite became a mean snub towards the media. He was a Wrong person, in the Wrong town....I guess you had to be there to fully understand. Kelly was very popular initially, and he did draft Ertz and Lane. Later his attitude worn out the fans. But believe me when I tell you he was never as bad as Kotite. Kotite went to the Jets where he had 1-15 record. Jets regard Kotite as the worst signing they ever had.

I’m not trying to defend Kotite. I’m just noting that Kelly really isn’t much better and his one season with the 49ers was just horrible Kotitie’s season with the Jets. By the way it’s not like Chip Kelly inherited a terrible squad either. Kelly drafted Lane (even though he wanted Dion Jordan) and Ertz he can have credit for that. Kotite drafted William Thomas and Andy Harmon. It should also be noted that Kotite did what both Chip Kelly and Buddy Ryan never did and that’s win a playoff game. Bottom line Chip Kelly is no better than Kotitie and in many ways he’s much worse. Kelly was a horrible snob towards the media. He always spoke to them as if he looked down on them. I watched both of these coaches and I don’t see much difference in either of them other than Kotite arrogantly thought to highly of himself and wanted the Eagles to give him a extension. When they didn’t the team tanked. Kelly was such an arse he would blatantly lie to your face when they asked him who was in charge and about his power move to get it from Howie. There was nothing redeeming about Chip Kelly and I do not in any way consider him better than Kotitie. Kotite wasn’t fired during the season like that chump Kelly was and to be clear I don’t think very highly of Kotite at all, but this idea that Kelly was somehow miles better is simply hogwash. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not trying to defend Kotite. I’m just noting that Kelly really isn’t much better and his one season with the 49ers was just horrible Kotitie’s season with the Jets. By the way it’s not like Chip Kelly inherited a terrible squad either. Kelly drafted Lane (even though he wanted Dion Jordan) and Ertz he can have credit for that. Kotite drafted William Thomas and Andy Harmon. It should also be noted that Kotite did what both Chip Kelly and Buddy Ryan never did and that’s win a playoff game. Bottom line Chip Kelly is no better than Kotitie and in many ways he’s much worse. Kelly was a horrible snob towards the media. He always spoke to them as if he looked down on them. I watched both of these coaches and I don’t see much difference in either of them other than Kotite arrogantly thought to highly of himself and wanted the Eagles to give him a extension. When they didn’t the team tanked. Kelly was such an arse he would blatantly lie to your face when they asked him who was in charge and about his power move to get it from Howie. There was nothing redeeming about Chip Kelly and I do not in any way consider him better than Kotitie. Kotite wasn’t fired during the season like that chump Kelly was and to be clear I don’t think very highly of Kotite at all, but this idea that Kelly was somehow miles better is simply hogwash. 

I have no idea how we came to argue Kotite vs Kelly? LOL. Let's just say It's in the past, and they both sucked in the end. My focus is on Baltimore today. We must not suck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I have no idea how we came to argue Kotite vs Kelly? LOL. Let's just say It's in the past, and they both sucked in the end. My focus is on Baltimore today. We must not suck.

Yeah it’s true. Neither of those jabronis were worth a crap. 😂

3 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Reno "Fair Catch” Mahe

Good one. Can't believe I forgot about him!